Notices

Class of January 2012 Part 10

Old 06-30-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Great post DD, I feel exactly the same way. Last night I walked into town to go to a concert and I just felt so happy to be enjoying the beautiful evening and I remembered that I wouldn't be doing it if I was still drinking. I'd be home, well, just drinking! Ughh. Life is much improved with me. Problems I have no control over are working themselves out. My oldest son got into a fantastic well paid internship program. It's 3 years of work and night classes and is a great break for him. I know that if he was still drinking a lot he wouldn't have been able to do the studying and prep it took to get the internship.
Congratulations, Nell on 6 months! Awesome job. I've never seen an LED hoop, I can just picture you with a light up spinning hoop doing tricks. I took one class and it was so much fun.
I love the costume DD! I'm glad you're happy.
Faceit and Limbo, nice to read your posts.
Seanie, I'm sorry about your hard times but I give you credit for your honesty and we're here for you so keep posting and keep trying.
Have a great and sober week all!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Congrats on six months Nel
Old 07-01-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Seanie I'm so glad you are back I was afraid we lost you, I second what Katrinka said, hugs to you{****♥♥}}} Well gang not much to report I haven't been on SR that much lately just been busy with life, all is well here... It has been a different wet muggy summer this year. I been playing with my hoops, I wish the weight would come off faster but let me tell you its coming off sooo slow. I get frustrated at times, I count my calories daily and keep a food journal, I'm not sure what is going on....maybe its perimenopause, not sure...Oh well I'm happy I found a exercise I enjoy....Lots of love to you all♥♥ Nell♥ Oh, have a safe 4th of July♥
Old 07-04-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Happy 4th to all my stateside family!!! Enjoying a nice relaxing day, bbq and pool. I actually do not care for fireworks, so will stay in tonight with the earbuds in and some nice music playing
Nel, forgot to congratulate you on your Six Months! Big Congrats!!! Always knew you could do it, keep going!
Seanie, glad you're back in the game. Thanks for reaching out and posting. We do care, please lean on us for support and keep that plan in place. Slow and easy, one day at a time.
Limbo, you sound like you're in a great place right now...so happy for you! It's awesome not to have to obsess over alcohol any more...true freedom.
Kat, glad to hear your son is doing well. Kudos to him, and to you for riding the waves strong and sober!
DD, you rock!!! Keep lovin' your sober self!
Off to prep my potato salad...have a great day friends!!!
Love and Hugs,
Kim xo
Old 07-04-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great weekend gang

D
Old 07-04-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Thanks Dee, you as well !!!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Happy 4th to my American friends! I had a really nice day grilling and eating. And it didn't rain all day! It has been raining nonstop for days so it was a nice break. My middle son is visiting tomorrow so it will hopefully be a fun weekend. Our town has a parade and fireworks on Saturday. I hope you are all enjoying whatever is going on in your lives without alcohol!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Addiction-Kayla and Kupono - YouTube

One of my favorite shows is So You Think You Can Dance and this dance from a few years ago is powerful and I wanted to share it. I think you would like it even if you're not a big dance fan. I hope the link works.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Katrinka, I love that show I haven't watched it in awhile tho.....Love love love the video! Wow that was so great! ~~sigh~~ If only I could dance like that ...Hello January class onward & upward is all I got to say♥...Happy July ...xoxoNell♥
Old 07-05-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Onward and Upward, Nel!!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Thanks for sharing that dance Kat, very moving (no pun intended).
xo
Old 07-09-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful week January peeps♥
Old 07-09-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Touching 30 here in Ireland last few days and giving it to last

Things not to bad on other front, keeping it simple 1 day at a time.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying summer.

Sean
Old 07-09-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Seanie keep up the good work! I was thinking about you the other day, wondering how you were.. I think you get a big hug{************{hugs}}}}}~~Tootles
Old 07-09-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Big hug from me too, Sean!
xo
Old 07-10-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hey class, quick hello from me, glad to hear you are going strong Sean, one day at a time is all we have. Like a wise man in AA told me, we cannot breathe today for tomorrow.

Have a grand Wednesday all!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Great quote Limbo. I will remember that!
xo
Old 07-12-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Have a nice weekend all , hot hot hot here in London , very strange lol.

Nothing to report , did have some cravings action ths week, think it was the hot weather, but easily dismissed, but one must be on guard.

Keep on going forward ,we can't go back ...god could you imagine going back to day 1 again, horrid.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Hey DD, definitely not going back! Always forward, onward and upward for me! Have a great weekend and stay cool. I guess you got our heat, we finally cooled off here
xo
Old 07-13-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hey my wonderful class, forward it is :-)

I wanted to share with you an experience I had yesterday, I decided to go for a night camping trying out my new equipment, just me and my dog. While I was in the shop stocking up I reached for a soda and next to it was the non-alcohol beer. I thought why not buy 2 to take with me for the camping (I have not had such thing since I got sober), I looked at the can and saw it had 2% alcohol in it and immediately I thought I best buy a 6 pack then, and next thought was is that enough! I stood there with a 6 pack in my hand and felt like I was on the edge of an abyss, out of nowhere this came. Next to the shop is an alcohol shop and I did not think of going in there. Slightly shaking I put the 6 pack down and regained my sanity. Imagine, that crude alcoholic reaction to even the thought of buying beer with hardly any alcohol in it. Wow, it shook me to my core to have such a situation come up so quickly, so strong and so desperate somehow.

It was a reminder that the monster is not dead, it is still there and it is a daily task to keep it in check and use that energy for good things instead.

Back home now, it was a very wet and cold camping trip but still wonderful :-)

Hope you are having a great weekend class!

Love, L