SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of January 2012 Part 10 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/294504-class-january-2012-part-10-a.html)

Dee74 05-13-2013 04:36 AM

Class of January 2012 Part 10

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-20.html

D

nel68 05-13-2013 05:47 AM

Happy Monday :)

Limbo75 05-13-2013 10:14 AM

Wow, part 10! We are moving onwards and upwards in the world class :-)

Happy week to you all, and thanks Dee for taking care of us and logistics such as a new thread :You_Rock_

DarkDays 05-14-2013 04:34 AM

Why people don't like it when you don't drink (funny) - YouTube

Found this funny :)

Dee74 05-14-2013 05:11 AM

good one DD :D

D

nel68 05-14-2013 05:29 AM

:rotfxko OMGawd!!!! Loved it!! Gonna try to post it in the One Year and Under thread I think they will like it :).........Thanks DD ;)

nel68 05-15-2013 05:43 AM

Hey January class have a happy Wednesday!!xoxo love ya's!http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8092/8...e405288a_m.jpg

faceitandfixit 05-15-2013 06:36 AM

Thanks for sharing the vid, DD. That was great. Sure glad I don't have a problem with mayonnaise... LOL
Well, my teenage drama has simmered down, thank God. My daughter's girl "friend" (aka bad influence) has gone away for 90 day inpatient rehab. The boy who gave her the pills has also "gone away", probably rehab as well. All I can say is if this isn't divine intervention, I don't know what is! I have been enforcing stricter limits and consequences, and it has been going well. I know this is far from over, but the hospitalization was my wake-up call. I'm so grateful God gave me a second chance...
I've been noticing lately just how much I have grown up since becoming sober...I really look at life so much differently now!
Thanks for that video, Tammy...it spoke to my heart. Yes, we have all changed. Life is so much better on the sober side of the fence :)
Keeping your son in my prayers, Katrinka. Yes, it seems we all have some sort of issues with our children. All we can do is lead by example and pray they find the right path.
Off today, trying to get motivated to do some house-cleaning.
Love to all xo

seanie1888 05-15-2013 12:45 PM

Give me a double mayonnaise,
no in fact gimme the jar.

Couple of great wee vids there folks

nel68 05-16-2013 05:56 PM

So happy things are going good faceit♥ I have been making hula hoops I posted a few picture in the One Year and Under thread just keeping busy. I have had a few thoughts creep in but I know its the nice weather. It's nothing like last year tho, I'm so grateful for that...Well gang gotta go for now Love Ya's!xoxox

katrinka 05-17-2013 07:37 PM

Hey Nel, I did some hula hooping in my Zumba class. It was fun, hoops were rolling everywhere! I still get those creeping thoughts, too. On my way home from work my evil brain tries to tell me that I deserve a reward but I can push them away because I recognize the lies.
Funny video DD! Thanks for that.
Faceit, I'm so glad things have calmed down and the so called friends are gone for now. My son doesn't live at home so I'm not positive how he's doing but he stays in touch and things seem to be OK.
Have a great weekend my wonderful friends!

katrinka 05-17-2013 07:38 PM

My wonderful SOBER friends!

nel68 05-18-2013 11:22 AM

Dark Days, I have posted your video in alot of my SR threads again.. love it! It is so true the way people react about not drinking any more...lol...Have a good weekend ;)...NBC, Limbo, Billy have not seen you guys in a while, hope all is well. I wonder how PCL is doing I was thinking about her today...Katrinka, I have always wonder about the Zumba exercise.. I bet it's fun;)...Well my wonderful original SR crew have a wonderful weekend♥ Much love to you all....Nell.

FlyerFan 05-19-2013 04:57 PM

Went to my first convention this past weekend!!!

nel68 05-20-2013 08:29 AM

Awesome FlyerFan! Good Monday January peeps just checking in, hope everyone has a great week:)~~~Tootles~~

faceitandfixit 05-20-2013 05:30 PM

Quick check in here as well...hope my favorite family is staying strong, serene and SOBER!
Love to all xo

nel68 05-21-2013 12:16 PM

Hey gang just checking in again...NBC I hope you are okay♥ I can't remember where you said you live but I thought it was Oklahoma, just thinking about you, hope all is well...PCL are you ever going to check in...lol If you do and you see this we miss ya girlie :)....Katrinka, Faceit, Limbo, Billy, Seanie, Dark Days hope to hear from you guys soon~~~Tootles♥~~141 days for me :))))

seanie1888 05-22-2013 05:51 AM

Hi Nel, all good here also.
20 weeks this Saturday i think.
Aiming to count it monthly from now on.
Had bad conversation with AV at weekend, the **** near had me convinced that I never really had a bad problem, just over done it times, I should try again to control it better bla bla bla.
Truth is i do miss the social side of it, but the gifts of sober life by far out weigh the negatives.
Have good day all

nel68 05-22-2013 08:14 AM

I totally agree with you Seanie, I'm loving feeling this way...I still wonder why I didn't feel this way last year?...Great post buddy :)

Limbo75 05-23-2013 03:16 PM

Hey class, a quick check in, fab, wonderful, amazing going Nel and Sean, way to go to fend off the beast. All good here in the northern hemisphere, some days I feel like one step forward and 2 back when it comes to life in general but on the sober front it is all forward. It really helps that my mother and brother here are sober and I do not spend a lot of time surrounded by alcohell :-)

Rock on class!