Notices

Class of January 2012 Part 10

Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Same as that Nel, good to hear all is well with you Tammi x
Old 06-05-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Tammi, so glad to see you and glad you are doing well. Bobbyjim, good going and happy for you that you are with us, sober is an unbelievably good place to be and if we can do it then you can do it!

Things are good here, I fulfilled a dream of mine to just hop into my jeep and go out camping, just me and my dog. I drove 1500 km and went to all the places I have wanted to go and had a lovely time. At the same time my unemployment is really bothering me, I apply for jobs I am very well qualified for but I am not even called for an interview. For me this is a new situation, I have not experienced this before as I have always worked and it has just never been a challenge. Now it is and I am trying to be patient, trying to learn and trying to understand why my higher power is taking me through this path. Must admit I am not getting it.... Am partially tempted to go work internationally again, should I do that there is plenty of great jobs for me... yet my dream is to make a life for myself here at home so I am not giving up yet... I just pray that this situation will become better soon...

Other than that I cannot complain, family is good and that is what matters.

Have a wonderful Wednesday class, L
Old 06-05-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

So good to hear from you, Tammi. My prayers were answered in that all is well with you. Had visions of scenes from the Wizard of Oz...not pretty. Thank God you're ok and thank you for keeping us posted. Love you!
Your camping trek sounds just wonderful, Limbo! How freeing that must've been, very zen.
Sorry to hear of the lack of job prospects. I can imagine your frustration. Listen to your heart and sooner or later you will know just where you are meant to be. Hang in there!
Love to All
xo
Old 06-05-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Originally Posted by DarkDays View Post
BBC News - JD Wetherspoon to open first motorway pub on M40

Only in the uk , FFs.

Have a great week all, sunny here in the uk , time to get the speedos on in the garden
Yea, similar to how I felt the first time I saw booze for sale in garages!!!!??? Ugh!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely January crew♥ Not much going on here just rockin the sober life ...Take care peeps, onward & upwards ...xoxo Nell♥
Old 06-07-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Morning, Gang! Just a quick thread bump from me.
Planning to get the house spiffed up before my son's girlfriend comes over. Tonight is their Senior Prom.
Unfortunately hurricane Andrea is on it's way and the weather is less than stellar
Party is indoors so they'll be fine.
Have a lovely sober weekend everyone!!!
xo
Old 06-07-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Faceit, hope all will be okay with the weather and how sweet your son going to prom, exciting times...Just a quick check in and a bump too....Hey remember the "bump dance" I think it was called the bump, I think from the 70's..ish" that was fun!Have a great weekend Jansoberlious peeps
Old 06-07-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope all goes well Kim...

Hiya Nel
Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 06-07-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hiya Dee
Old 06-07-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey class like my signature picture? I love this picture because it's beautiful like my sober path♥
Old 06-09-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Thanks for the good wishes, Dee and Nel. Prom went well and everyone came home safely.
Love your pic, Nel ! Yes, the sober path IS a beautiful one!
xo
Old 06-10-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi Class! It's so nice to hear from you all including Bobbyjim. At least I think that's the right name. If I go back and check I'll lose what I've written. I have enough problems with my memory these days. My life is perfectly sober but not perfect. Lots of problems with my kids and my father and stepmother and family health concerns. One great thing is that my oldest son is seeing an addiction therapist and is in a group and is doing very well. I feel very stressed but I don't feel like drinking so that's great. All the other problems will pass with time so I try to deal and roll along. My last day of work at my school is Thursday and then I'm off for the summer. I have big house projects planned along with lots of exercise and healthy living. And keeping the negativity away! Have a great week and I will try to post more often.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

****{Hugs to you Katrinka}} Hope things will start looking up for you on the family side♥ Hope you have a good summer time off ~~Hey January class not much going on,I want to have a garage sale if the rains ever stop here, Its been crazy the last few months with rain. I been making hula hoops and doing the hula hoop for exercise it does not seem to hurt my knee like other activities, but I'm pretty much a beginner. Its alot of fun[IMG][/IMG] I also have made rings and hair clips just keeping busy...Remember last year I think I painted several rooms plus my white fireplace to look brick...lol..Well sweet dreams January peeps♥
Old 06-10-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

they look great Nel

D
Old 06-10-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee You should see this orange metallic and black one I made, its so purdy ...It was the first time I used metallic tape which is kind hard believe it or not. I Need to take a picture of the two I did in metallic tapes...Thanks again
Old 06-11-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Fab looking rings Nel! Love them :-)

Hope your family situation calms down Katrinka and that you will get a wonderful summer holiday, one of the upsides of teaching having the whole summer off :-)

Have a great Tuesday class!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey all ! Loving the sober life, things are good, feel real cool to be sober now, yeh a few cravings now and then but I am not going back, never.

Was out in Covent Garden for a meal over the weekend, was looking at the pubs and bars full of people and I felt nothing, absolutely felt like I was missing nothing, in fact I felt THEY were the ones missing out. Mindset has gone mad lately see them in pubs/bars as sheep all following each other pouring a toxic drug down their throats ba ba ba. Its us sober folk who are now the cool ones, yep we are leading the way free from all that brainwashing and conditioning. cant imagine how I would feel if I drank now, the next morning thoughts etc. Anyway less of my venting, hope you are all ok and enjoying summer
Old 06-11-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good post DD ~~Sweet dreams January peeps
Old 06-12-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Oh yeah DD, we are way cool!!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

January peeps how is everyone? Where is my seanie?? Love & Peace to you all♥