Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 13

Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

you guys are too much. I needed a good laugh and sure got one. ha hla
Old 05-20-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
$h*tty blankets AND stinky rears? (Runs away screaming)

He's all yours, toots! :rotfxko
MeSoSo - you are sooooo right! I!ll join you.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chuff1 View Post
Happens to us all in the end mesoso, might be prudent of you to have a man with experience in these matters as women usually develop the problems earlier than males.
LMAO -- now I'm thinking of the Kmart commercial all over again -- "I just shipped my drawers!"

For anyone who missed it:

Ship My Pants - YouTube
Old 05-20-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
LMAO -- now I'm thinking of the Kmart commercial all over again -- "I just shipped my drawers!"

For anyone who missed it:

Ship My Pants - YouTube
ha ha ha ha
Old 05-20-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by chuff1 View Post
Happens to us all in the end mesoso, might be prudent of you to have a man with experience in these matters as women usually develop the problems earlier than males.

Toots is indeed approaching that age herself.

Mick x
Cheers for the reminder Mick, need to put incontinence pants on the shopping list!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

No problem old girl

I can send you the name of my supplier if you wish.

Mick x
Old 05-20-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, NeedMySavior!!

Hi,
I just got home from work... nice to see rain showers, however briefly they stuck around. Happy Happy Birthday, my fellow Coloradan!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Good morning all, I can see that is has been a fun night even if you do insist on calling it day. As I got out of bed this morning (early) I actually thought I'm forgetting what mornings used to be like, I'm going over to Newbies to remind myself because I don't want to forget.

Have a good sober day and rock on.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning, Marcher! I was reading in the newcomers area today about the first few days of w/d, and I don't know how I did it. But I'm glad I did and I never have to do that again!!! None of us do!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
New and learning

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, and thanks for the fun comic relief Chuff and all!

My plan of sleeping in didn't really work out. My daughter caught a virus and I took her in to the dr this morning. Not strep, but super sore throat and cough and chills. Poor thing! And it's finals week. She did get a note to skip the running test for today. Since its a virus, no antibiotic but he did give her a cough suppressant (pill) and a mouthwash to numb her throat. Not good timing to be sick with finals but she is tough!

I tried all day to get that sleep........but kept getting interrupted! Until this afternoon and had a 90 minute great long knock out nap! Weird dream though. It's strange, but I feel like I can't wake up in the mornings......like when I used to be hungover. I'm not liking that much and hope it passes soon.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers,

A few relatively minor cravings today but it wasn't hard to resist. I hope they all are like this one!

S
Old 05-20-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Marcher

NMS, I've been waking up in a panic for the past week or so, as if in withdrawal. I don't like it either. Hopefully this is just our brains hiccupping (I don't think that's spelled correctly). I'm sure it will pass. Sorry about your sick daughter too.
Sassy, So glad you had no problem passing by that nasty craving. What a nuisance!
I have to tell you all that I went to the new therapist. I only have white socks and one color of nail polish (boring, I know) so I just painted one toe on each foot cherry red and wore sandals. So at the end of the session, I pointed them out and he laughed. Not a "Oh, she's crazy" laugh, but hands in the air chuckle. So I made an appointment for next week. I do feel better having unloaded a bunch of baggage there.
Now should I paint the rest of my toes? Maybe go get a different color for them? I'm feeling adventurous.
Have a good night/day.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Joygirl, do something crazy like yellow or blue, I see that's trendy these days. Mine are just au naturel but I like the look.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers

Hope your Daughter gets better soon NMS.
Well done on fighting those urges Sassy
Joygirl sounds like you have found a therapist with a sense of humour, thats gotta be good.

Hope everyone has a good day/night, and that we all hear from absent friends soon, i.e. Mr Beagle, Snaggle, Natts, Northlander, Buddink, Lifetplant, Panache, Daisy, Texas, Clight, JimJim and many many more missed Marchers.
But if not then I hope that you are all well and looking after yourselves, thinking of you all.

Love Mick x
Old 05-21-2013, 01:28 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Thinking of our friends in the States having just seen the News, Love and best wishes to the people of Oklahoma.

Mick x
Old 05-21-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

My sympathies also to the Oklahomans affected.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

1day, you like rain showers?? Come to flipping Scotland,my of will see nothing but! That said it is lovely and sunny today! ( I wish, I have work today!)

NMS I hope your girl feels better soon and manages her exams

Sass I hope the cravings stay minor, just stay alert!

Marcher,Joygirl , great idea to visit the newbie sight, it keeps us focussed on our aims and you re able to help them so much with your own experiences.

Chuff, like you I wonder where all our absent friends are, and how they are doing. I hope some read this and reach out to say hi.

Have a good day all
Old 05-21-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking in. All is good with me, just been lying low. Thankfully still no urge in the slightest to drink, I know it's still v early days for me, but it just seems so much easier this time, I just don't give it a second thought. Even had visitors from Scotland last week, well, friends of my Mum so only met them for a few hours one night last week. My first trip to a bar though and my three soda, lime and bitters went down a treat

Toots, good on you for resisting that wine bottle staring you out, not sure I would have been strong enough yet to do that. Hope your back is feeling better and you managing to get some training in.

Shoes, I agree with Mick. There is definitely a difference between feeling sad and feeling depressed. Depression is an all consuming black with no vision, believe me, i've been there. Feeling sad is blue, there's an ability to still see the light, it's a good emotion, it's reflective, cathartic and helps us appreciate joy and happiness even more.

Talking of Joy, Joygirl, sounds like you've done well landing a therapist with a SOH, I agree, I think you can def gauge whether or not you're going to be able to strike up a rapport form the first meeting. Def multi coloured fluorescent nail polish for your next visit me thinks.

Mick I was always told a story about a blanket and a bodily function of the number 1 variety but that was to do with "thought" who peed the bed and blamed the blanket......ahem, please tell me i'm not the only one who was told that story as a child in reply to her continual smart arse replies, "but mum, I thought.......but mum, I thought,..................but why mum, I thought"!! Glad you got the extra Mon shift Mick, nice to have the extra pennies in the bank.

NMS, glad you managed to squeeze in a birthday nap in the end, nothing beats that afternoon nap. Hope your daughter gets better soon. I used to get tonsillitis all the time as a kid, used to completely floor me, did give Mum a bit of peace though as I actually shut up for a wee while.

Evening Marcher, don't be spitting that tea too far now.

It's funny, even though my sobriety time is obviously a lot more aligned with the May group, I do visit and read the odd time but I find I get more from this group. I find it more inspirational to read what you have all got to say and read about where you are now. It gives me something to aim for rather than just sharing the here and now with people at the same stage as me. Perhaps that's me being selfish by doing more of the taking from you guys than perhaps giving and sharing more of me with people struggling in the early days.

Alcoholism turned me into an extremely selfish person, I put getting that alcohol fix above and before anyone and anything. I hope in time and with recovery I can begin to give back to people even a portion of the love I have received from my fellow Marchers, present and past.

Love you all. xxx
Old 05-21-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Sass, forgot to say, great you feeling well enough to go back to work. Good idea doing the half days to begin with........won't be long before they'll be expecting you to be back working at full power so milk it while you can. xx
Old 05-21-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Morning all, finally got to the bottom of my hubby's concerns he didn't realise AA was religious he has no religious views and after a frank talk it transpires he has a lot of anger his mum died when he was 18 and he has never recovered so looks like I have you guys for the moment !!!

I have a horrible cold / virus and feel awful have been off work today and today I come here and say I am 100% committed from today to being sober I am doing this because when I drink I become powerless over alcohol and my life becomes an existence not a life waiting for my next drink and I not want to live like this anymore hugs to everyone ! And thanks to everyone you are all fab xxxxx