Notices

Class of May 2013

Old 05-03-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
TTB

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Good luck with your plans!
I'm helping a friend hang an art show tomorrow, and on Sunday, I hope to begin sorting out the terrible mess on my desk. It's disgraceful realizing that I had become a complete slob, would rather drink than address papers etc. Actually, the whole house is a mess, no one ever visits, so I didn't care.
I did clean up a horrible mess in the kitchen the other day, though, and before I began, I took a photo of the mess, and made it my "wallpaper" to sort of jolt me out of mindless hours Internet surfing. It's what I'd do, surf and drink wine, and get nothing accomplished.
Day 3 for me.
Have a good weekend everyone!
I am on Day 6 and it's amazing the clarity I am starting to have with my thoughts. Funny you mention a mess...I was just looking at my desk saying "that can go, that can go too..."! I also used to just mindlessly surf the net while throwing back glass after glass of wine. Not this weekend!!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi all, Day 1 for me....again!! I'm in the March class and will also hang on in there as met some great friends. This is such a fab supportive site. I managed 28 days in March. In April it was a bit hit and miss. It is 5am and the reason i'm awake and on here is because I have just had to get up to the toilet to vomit. The sweats, the shakes and the pounding heart have all started. I never ever want to feel like this again and looking in the mirror at me now, boy do I need to remember that.
As Dee74 recommends......I am taking drink off the table. I look forward to spending a sober May and beyond with you all.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTB View Post
I am on Day 6 and it's amazing the clarity I am starting to have with my thoughts.

I know what you mean, TTB. I am also amazed at how I "feel" and look at things now that I am not drinking. I didn't realize how much of a "fog" I had been in while drinking or hungover. I am starting to enjoy the simplest of things - like how nice a warm and sunny spring day feels with all of the flowers blooming and birds chirping. I enjoy my cup of coffee so much more now that I am not hungover and I look forward to going to bed and actually dreaming and sleeping well. But, most of all, I am enjoying actually "being present" for my 3 yr old daughter. These years go by way too fast and I don't want to look back and regret that it was all a haze. I want to enjoy every second with her and I want to enjoy it sober, healthy and happy. I should start making a list of all of these things so I can look back and remind myself when AV starts acting out.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. Weekends are hard, but we can do it!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Just wanted to send good thoughts to all for the first weekend of May. I took the advice of many smart people here and made completely different plans than normal my first weekend. I went out to a long movie that Friday night instead of my normal drinking on the couch. I bought juices and seltzers and dark chocolate. Went to the bookstore. I stayed super close to SR too. There's now a weekend thread here every weekend too which is great. You can do it.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Lifeplant (and all),

Thanks for reminding me of how awful alcohol withdrawal is. I gave into a drink yesterday, and a bit of hair of the dog today. Thus begins the terrible journey...

Going to try to make it a sober weekend with my new"May" family...
Old 05-03-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
TTB

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
Hi Lifeplant (and all),

Thanks for reminding me of how awful alcohol withdrawal is. I gave into a drink yesterday, and a bit of hair of the dog today. Thus begins the terrible journey...

Going to try to make it a sober weekend with my new"May" family...
Hi Pamel. Love to hear your experiences. Welcome to the "May" family!
Old 05-03-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

First Friday of May done. So relieved to be going to bed sober. We can do this.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm with you Leona... NOT doing this has caused me so much pain in my life. Heck, LIFE has not happened!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

just popping in to say hi...to those who don't know me I'm the mod for these kinds of threads. I've been pretty sick but I'm on the mend now.

Hope to catch up on all the backstories over the next few days - just wanted to wish you all well

D
Old 05-03-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Glad you're on the mend Dee

End of day 2 for me here. Great to be in bed sober and ready for a good night's sleep on a Friday night. I've been really irritable, tired and grouchy today and didn't sleep a wink last night, hope tomorrow is better. But I would still rather feel like this and be sober than be knocking back the wine right now.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm pleased your feeling better Dee

I haven't posted in here for a couple of days, I have been reading a lot of posts on SR and not much posting at the moment. Just taking each day as it comes, and working through the craving when they come.

Bombshell I was really grumpy on day 2 and had a lot of anxiety, my thoughts were racing, I couldn't concentrate on any one thing, my mind was going a million miles an hour, today I'm on day 5 and I'm feeling a heck of a lot better. It will get better, hang in there

Have a great weekend guys
Old 05-03-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm feeling like my old self this afternoon. I just realized today since I was a every couple of days binge drinker I spent all my time feeling worn down. I never had "hangovers" but just wore out. How on earth am I just NOW figuring that out?!?!?!?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hello all. I am on day two. Slept last night but had the sweats/nightmares and woke up exhasted. I still went for a run/walk with my dog. It helped, but i can see how tired my body is. Grumpy all day, hands shake a little. In a fog but went to a great meeting tonight. Home relaxing now. Looking forward to feeling a little better tomorrow. I am so glad I dont feel the way I did yesterday and will only get better with time. I hope everyone is doing well
Old 05-03-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I'm excited to be in the class of May 2013. I went to my first AA meeting tonight and I'm feeling great
Old 05-04-2013, 12:45 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I just got home from work and I'm sober Sweet dreams everyone!
Old 05-04-2013, 01:17 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi May class, I just wanted to say hello and wish you all well. I'm from the March class and now up to Day 56, something I would never have believed possible back in February. Go for it, you really can do it.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:51 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Having horrible vivid nightmares. Kinda freaking me out
Old 05-04-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hello May class...I want to say hi to you guys as well. I remember my nightmares Fitness, I thought they would never go away.... they have. Hang in there, you are doing great!

Anyway, I'm from the Feb Class, and today was a special day for me. 90 days sober. Something I never thought I would be able to say.

The first days and weeks were hard, but every single day that I have stayed sober, life has gotten more manageable. My fears are dissipating, and I now have hope in my heart.

I truly believe that this wonderful journey is only just beginning, and it is one we are all on together. One day at a time.

Wishing everyone here all the best, and hope you don't mind me popping in!

Love Venus xx
Old 05-04-2013, 04:11 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

This morning I woke up with a big headache. I started to run through what I drank last night and realized that I had nothing. Then my headache went away. This has happened a few times now. It must have been a habit to wake up with a headache and my body must be getting used to it.
I ended my week with a tough meeting with a very difficult parent. I would have resorted to a bottle of wine. And the temptation was definately there. But with each sober day, the cravings are getting a little more manageable. I love peach flavored sparkling water.
I hope you all have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
This morning I woke up with a big headache. I started to run through what I drank last night and realized that I had nothing. Then my headache went away. This has happened a few times now. It must have been a habit to wake up with a headache and my body must be getting used to it!
I have had the same thing happen to me, Beavis. I've had a couple of dreams where I was drinking and woke up feeling "hungover". What a great feeling and relief when you realize you aren't! Great job on staying strong and not drinking after a tough day. That is a big step! I, too, have developed a new addiction to sparkling water. I haven't found any peach flavor, though? Sounds yummy, who makes that one??