(((Phebe)))

congrats Jane

D
Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Weird Q from me

Good morning Marchers!

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Marcher, how did Tuesday end up? I'm just starting my Tuesday. I'd appreciate you giving me a heads up since you are a day in the future to me.
Shoes Tuesday ended well so there is your heads up. So far Wednesday is going well too.

Here is my weird question: Please can you tell me I am not the only one? Leaving aside physical, mental and emotional changes has anyone noticed a difference in their handwriting? I promise you I am completely sober when I say this but I've noticed mine is more consistent, it hasn't turned into copperplate but it's less all over the place. Please tell me I'm not alone.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mine actually got worse Marcher - I guess I did have a few ministrokes tho LOL
It's pretty good now tho

D
Old 04-16-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

I had to go run and check! I hadn't noticed till you mentioned it. Nope, no big difference but I'm more of a printer anyway and that did look a little more cool to me.
Maybe it's all the writing you have been doing? I don't know, however I can't imagine drinking all the time improves handwriting.

Check your Wednesday newspaper and see if they reported the winning lottery ticket numbers for the US and report back to me. I'll split it with you
Old 04-16-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberjanedoe View Post
30 days sobriety today.
*****oooooooo!!! Congratulations SJD!!!
I'm getting excited seeing the double digits and numbers go up.

Hey wait a minute. I may use everyone's day count number for lottery numbers tomorrow. Send me your numbers Marchers! I've got tickets to buy!
Wouldn't that be hysterical. We could all be on TV talking about how we won our gazillion dollars like the people who all work together and pool. That would be an interesting story. Lets keep our screen names though just for fun.

I don't know about you but if I won a gazillion $$ with all of you I could care less about anyone knowing. I'd respect your decision though if you didn't want to be on the 5 o'clock news. You'd still get your share.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hey wait a minute. I may use everyone's day count number for lottery numbers tomorrow. Send me your numbers Marchers! I've got tickets to buy!
Wouldn't that be hysterical. We could all be on TV talking about how we won our gazillion dollars like the people who all work together and pool. That would be an interesting story. Lets keep our screen names though just for fun.

I don't know about you but if I won a gazillion $$ with all of you I could care less about anyone knowing. I'd respect your decision though if you didn't want to be on the 5 o'clock news. You'd still get your share.
Oh God, more fuel for my irrational lottery-winning fantasies!!

Tomorrow will be day 10 for me! Lucky number 10. C'mon, 360shoes needs a new a pair of shoes!

If you are the resident shoe person, Shoesey, I would nominate myself as the resident bag person. I like the handbags.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

23 for me tomorrow which is also one of the numbers from Lost (yes I'm a sad SciFi geek) - so you can't go wrong there...
Old 04-16-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Sounds like a plan 38 here!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

38 here too
Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Duffster, you are an inspiration. AND you didn't fail...you fell...and now you're up again...and running. Go Duff Go! Go Duff Go!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
MeSo, volunteer somewhere. Doesn't matter if it's paid, time in service sober goes a long way.
Wise words Trach. Great action plan too!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
Thanks. I am scared to death because I was fired from my last TWO positions for drinking on the job (!!!) and I just hate feeling like I have this awful secret to hide. That's a big reason why I've put off looking for so long, because facing this just makes me ill. I feel like if I'm up front and honest, which would be both scary and liberating, I won't even be considered, but lying or trying to hide something can come to bite you as well.

I did get my last position even though I'd been fired from the previous one, so that's one positive thing, but still, this is just an awful thing to be saddled with looking for a job.

Any advice/encouragement welcome.
Okay...you need an action plan. Trach had a fab idea but put something down on paper.

What's your goal...your hearts desire? What do you really want to do in life...other than earn a paycheck. Regardless of your age, education, and addiction, where would your dream put you in five years? If you're going to start your life anew then why not an education toward your dream job? Write down the steps it would take to get to that point so that it's no longer a dream but a reality.

I mean, you've made one really huge step toward your future...why not another. A job is just a job and we have to have them to survive but a passion could wrestle your demons to the ground and then stomp on them.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post
Hey all,

A rather productive day all in all, quite a bit of dissertation work done. To the Americans here, if I ever have to study anything to do with Massachusetts in the Civil War again I may secede from reading for evermore!

Bagged myself a new phone too. Dropped my last iPhone in the bath, and as you can imagine, it didn't do it much good.

Black i'm so glad to hear your loved ones got out okay. It really makes you sit and reconsider how big your problems really are when acts like this happen. Can't imagine the emotion felt by the people who had to experience that first hand. Too cruel.
I can't believe how small our world has become. Your post makes this seem so much closer to home.

A man from my community stopped by my school today with a trailer full of flowers. He gave each employee a free basket/pot of gorgeous flowers or herbs. He said it was to remember the beautiful people who died, were injured, or loved someone in Boston. He said each plant represented life so that no one in Boston would be forgotten in our community.

Among all of the hatred and devastation in this world, life still blooms with promise and hope in the smallest of gestures which mean so much.

I'll cherish that plant a nurture it daily...keeping Boston in mind each time I look at it.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phebe View Post
Toots and BP, I'm also in the mist of a relocation... not across the pond, but the farthest I've ever considered moving from my family to be with my Beau.

It's challenging and hard to make the decision cause there is no way to know how it will end up. It's just one of those things you just have to leap at in Life.. there is no other way to 'test' it. So both of you talking about your experience is helping me...

And Toots, I have also just moved home after 13 years 2 years ago. The relocation was very hard and I experienced everything you described: I left all my friends, my business, my relationship and had a very hard loss of identity. I tried to root here, build and date again, only to come home one day to find my boyfriend committed suicide on our couch.

So I think I'm not suppose to root here. Life has made this a pit stop and all roads are leading to the next location.

It's just been a little rocky detour...
Oh Phebes...I'm so sorry about the suicide. What we must go through in this life can be so difficult.

Use that experience to help others...I don't know how right now but I do whole-heartedly believe that life is a lesson to be taken and shared with others. You may not have the opportunity for a long time but someday, you'll be able to use that experience to help someone/somewhere. You may not even know that you touched their life but the day will come.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Good morning from Malta to all of you sober Marchers. Today will be my 20th sober day...so proud of it...yet there is so much danger out there. Shields up to defend my 20th.

Keep posting Marcher!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi everyone! I am a Marcher and have been hanging out on SR every day but this is my first time posting on this thread. I'm trying to catch up on all the history but there is a lot! I have 26 days today. I am in my early 30s and mom to a beautiful little girl. I am determined to get sober so I don't put her through what I went through growing up in an alcoholic home. I am grateful to be here and look forward to getting to know all of you!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Briar

D
Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Welcome Briar, you have made to excellent decisions, stop drinking and join this forum. You are very young and you have a beautiful life ahead of you. Just live it 1 day at a time.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Welcome Briar and congrats on 26 days! I'm a 30-year-old mother of one beautiful daughter (age 5), so some similarities to you. Toots keeps track of all our comings and goings and may be able to provide one of her epic summaries of the Marchers to give you a head start.... This is a supportive bunch, so just jump right in and start sharing!