View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Geek033113

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
Thanks. I am scared to death because I was fired from my last TWO positions for drinking on the job (!!!) and I just hate feeling like I have this awful secret to hide. That's a big reason why I've put off looking for so long, because facing this just makes me ill. I feel like if I'm up front and honest, which would be both scary and liberating, I won't even be considered, but lying or trying to hide something can come to bite you as well.

I did get my last position even though I'd been fired from the previous one, so that's one positive thing, but still, this is just an awful thing to be saddled with looking for a job.

Any advice/encouragement welcome.
Okay...you need an action plan. Trach had a fab idea but put something down on paper.

What's your goal...your hearts desire? What do you really want to do in life...other than earn a paycheck. Regardless of your age, education, and addiction, where would your dream put you in five years? If you're going to start your life anew then why not an education toward your dream job? Write down the steps it would take to get to that point so that it's no longer a dream but a reality.

I mean, you've made one really huge step toward your future...why not another. A job is just a job and we have to have them to survive but a passion could wrestle your demons to the ground and then stomp on them.