Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 10

Old 04-15-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kellyg View Post
Just passed the 30 day mark yesterday! Very happy. Life is good. Can't say the AV is going away but I ignore it when it pops in. Hope you guys and gals are doing well in your sobriety too
Life is good. Happy 30 days KellyG!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

WOOOW ! Class of March....are you a sub-club of AA ? Did I miss something ?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

What do you have to do with re-covery ?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

Every month has a 'class' thread for mutual support raku - it's as simple as that really

welcome aboard

D
Old 04-15-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Morning Marchers

Just seen the news, as I was early to bed last night, so sorry to watch those scenes from Boston, absolutely heartbreaking, my thoughts with you guys across the pond.

Mick
Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Hi Raku,
Welcome! We are a sub-club of something! Our fellow Marcher and unofficial club secretary Toots has a great way of cliff noting the who and what of the goings on here. Maybe when she wakes up she will attempt it again. It's one of my favorite posts btw Toots.

You are most welcome to join us. Feel free to jump in and tell us your story whenever you are up to it.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Just for you shoes;

"I'm doing great"
'I fell off the wagon'
'Im eating too much'
'My dreams are mental!'
'. I fell off the wagon'
'You guys are great'
I'm back again'
'Im fed up'
'Yay 6 weeks today!!'
I fell off the wagon'
'Yeay 26 days'
'Crap back at day one'
'I love Parma violets'
'I hate Vegemite'
'Love your dog!'
' love you guys'
' feckedy feck feck fecking do it'
' be nice'
'#**+<^'
'I love your dog'
'Noo, your dog is much nicer'
'Yay 3 days!'
'Brill'
'Back at day one'
' I hate chilli'
My soccer team's better 'n your soccer team'
'Yay 30 days'
'#%%*| that AV I totally kicked its ass!'
I think that about brings us up to date!

WE ARE SO GONNA MAKE IT THIS TIME

That about brings you up to speed!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Feeling for all those people affected by the explosions in Boston.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Geek, you had nothing to apologise for, you spoke honestly and from the heart. I personally could ask for nothing more from anyone here. And you are right, what family gets on 24/7?

Kellyg good going sweetie, quietly notching up those victories

BuddinK AV obviously knows when it's wasting its time. It went to whisper into FBLs ear and got kicked into touch

SJD, sounds fascinating, all you have to do is discover the one that causes addiction so you can sort us all out!!!
Raku you blink you miss it here! Welcome!

Be strong, be safe , be sober,
Old 04-16-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Morning all,

You have been busy

MrB sorry to hear your back at day one mate, start again you will get there

Geek, glad to here your sticking around, sounds like everything has been discussed and sorted out. And this is why I love this place, the fact that we can discuss and resolved without it devolving into a flame war (as with other parts of the Internet)

FBL awesome on getting rid of that drink I have been lucky to have not been in the position of having a beer near me. Something I will surely come up against I hope I have your strength .

Toots, as always you have an amazing way of summing up our posts, I vote we reserve shotgun on new parts for your summary :p

My thoughts are with all of those effected by the recent events in Boston.

AoS
Old 04-16-2013, 12:50 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Morning all, Day 2

Wow, I totally missed all of last nights 'drama'. Don't want to trawl it all up again but I think Dee hit the nail on the head.

Up early working here, very windy here in north east England. You will all be pleased to hear that the Chilli is finally all gone, took your advice Trach, had it with spaghetti and it was a pleasant suprise!

Stay strong all
Old 04-16-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Morning all - very windy here in the east of England too! Toots, thanks for your post - pretty much sums us up!

Very sad to hear the news from Boston last night

Ben / Trach, chili with spaghetti sounds good - will have to try that.

FBL, so glad you poured that poison down the drain. That took some serious strength!

KellyG, great to hear you're doing well - I've been thinking of you!

Duffster, sorry about your slip, but glad you're going to stick with us. Once a Marcher, always a Marcher - as Mick said

Thanks to Dee and others for your posts about keeping the forum a safe place for people to post whatever they need to post.... I feel the same! Personally, I don't cope well with conflict (working on this though), so I'm glad we've moved on from that. I read everyone's posts and find it so helpful to be among like-minded people with the same goal - it really means a lot to be sharing recovery with you guys.

Lots of love to all of you and congrats on your sober days! Apologies to you non-huggers, but I'm going to have to do it...... group hug time, everybody get in here!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Aw thank you BP i need that tday! Head is spinning at the moment! I havent dismissed the effect stress can have on my sobriety, but as the best support group on the planet is right here, i know that if we do decide to move, i can reach out anytime and there will be a hand there to grip onto
Donals story, and what has happened in Boston is a reminder, we have one life to live and we should live it as the best we can be
Old 04-16-2013, 02:15 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Day19.

@FBL I enjoyed reading your post, it gives us all lot of courage, what happened to you happened to me loads of times and I always said yes to that beer. All of us know how it ends.

@Boston I'm sad for what happened, though I live so far away my heart is with you.

@All the marchers Well done to all of your, some of the posts are really encouraging, others are full of hope but all of them are useful.

thanks for reading my post! Let's go Marchers!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Yeah Toots, lots to think about with your potential move! But you're right - at least SR will be a constant.

Just speaking from my own point of view, as someone who transplanted from the States nine years ago - it is hard, way harder than I ever thought it would be!!! I moved over when I was 21 and young and naive (sorry Ben, only speaking for myself as a 21-year-old ). I didn't realise how difficult it would be, was just in love and blindly following my heart. My husband-to-be and I had an agreement that I would move to the UK for five years, and then we would move back to the States together. In theory, that move should have happened four years ago, but due to complicated work- and finance-related reasons we simply can't do it. Just make sure you don't move and then get stuck over there like I did! Even if it is for a guaranteed limited time only, it's a bit weird knowing (or in my case believing incorrectly, haha!) that you're only living in a place temporarily - you don't put down roots as permanently as you might otherwise, and life sort of seems to go into a limbo state. I guess it's sort of a self-preservation thing to make leaving easier when the time comes.

Anyway, that's just my perspective and experience - please ignore if not helpful. In any case Toots, you're a very strong and positive person, and I'm sure you'll make the most of the experience if you do go! It could be a grand adventure! And Skyping makes a huge difference - we Skype with my family at least once a week.

I guess Lifetplant would have some thoughts on this too as it sounds like her situation has some similarities to mine....
Old 04-16-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Morning all. My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by the Boston bombings xx

Toots - your move sounds exciting - but a lot to think about - hope you work it out xx
Geek - glad you are staying with us x
Mr B - chilli with spaghetti is Yum!
FBL - well done you - you have a very strong will to have been able to resist.
Kelly - excellent on 30 days!
SBJ - excellent on 29 days!
Saskia - hope you are keeping well and shrinking that liver xx
Duffster - glad you are staying with Marchers - If anyone should slope of to the April thread with their head bowed in shame it should be me lol
Dee - thanks for words of guidance and wisdom as usual
JC - 19 days yay!

And a big shout out to everyone else who is doing so well.

Thats my Toots impression for today lol - Sorry Toots - its a poor version of what you do - but isn't it true that we mimic those we admire??

Have a great day Marchers from a very windy Belfast xx
Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hey runners in our group wear any race shirts you have in honor of Boston today. I was never fast enough to qualify for Boston before but I have a new goal now. A sober goal. A while back my friend asked me to run Chicago with her in the fall - she's hoping to use it to qualify for Boston. I told her no way as my marathon days are long over but I was going to fly out and party with her. New plan - am registering and am going to run my ass off over the next few months to qualify for Boston next year. An 8 year old boy is dead, his mom is having brain surgery and his little sister lost her leg - they were waiting for their dad to cross the finish line and cheering him on - imagine how proud they were of him.

So it's not much but it's all I've got. Will not let any cowardly terrorists keep us down that's for damn sure.

2 days ago I failed. Today I have a new goal and a new purpose. Boston is a reminder not to take this beautiful gift of life for granted - so up an hour early today and lacing up my running shoes.

Now thoughts go to London for a safe race and a safe weekend.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Snaggle, so glad we're in this together!!! I check in with April too now - so much to learn from both groups.

Bepresent, I know your post was intended for Toots but thanks for sharing. I've spent time abroad but it was with a large group of fellow students so I never felt isolated. You must have great courage to move on your own and to make a new life for yourself.

Toots, lots for you to think about. I have no words of advice or wisdom - but I know you are a wise woman and will not jump into anything lightly. Can't wait to hear what you decide.

Ok off for my run - good morning to all. And hey, thanks to everyone for being there for me yesterday. Glad to be back on day 2.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds great Duffster

D
Old 04-16-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Go Duffster!