Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 8

Old 04-01-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Shoes that sounds absolutely terrible! Thank heavens I have never had one like that. Hopefully they aren't at all a common occurrence for you.

I've also caused a few laughs, there's a video of me somewhere from when I was a kid on my way back from the dentists, drugged up to the hilt talking absolute nonsense
Old 04-01-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Hey people

Boy that's a lot to catch up on! I must admit to feeling a certain dread when I open up the thread now, knowing that there's going to be some struggles going on.

I feel for you guys, I really do. It's not easy but you have to believe. Believe in yourselves, believe in your talents, believe in your hearts that you can do this. It is yours if you want it enough.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post
Shoes that sounds absolutely terrible! Thank heavens I have never had one like that. Hopefully they aren't at all a common occurrence for you.

I've also caused a few laughs, there's a video of me somewhere from when I was a kid on my way back from the dentists, drugged up to the hilt talking absolute nonsense
Nope. Docs got me all fixed up with that. I do think because they got me help with that it has made quitting drinking easier. One less thing to deal with.

I'm sorry Beagle but that's funny. And whoever took the video must have thought so too.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Why oh why does it seem that 99.9% of my Facebook friends have been out on the drink from lunchtime today as its a holiday. Why is it ok for them? And why am I sitting here feeling jealous and isolated? Why also did I just ask me husband if "he wanted to do anything?" - was I hoping for him to say let's go for a drink? I don't know. I don't think so. I am not going to drink but I just wish this nagging feeling would DO ONE!!!!! Why can't I he one of the normal ones
Old 04-01-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Why can't any of us Snaggle? We have all been there, and heard that voice, hoping to be 'allowed ' to drink, though of course it will not do you any good, as you well know!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snaggle View Post
Why oh why does it seem that 99.9% of my Facebook friends have been out on the drink from lunchtime today as its a holiday. Why is it ok for them? And why am I sitting here feeling jealous and isolated? Why also did I just ask me husband if "he wanted to do anything?" - was I hoping for him to say let's go for a drink? I don't know. I don't think so. I am not going to drink but I just wish this nagging feeling would DO ONE!!!!! Why can't I he one of the normal ones
I deactivated my Facebook for that very reason. Didn't want to see statuses or pictures of people drinking on the weekends. It's been a major help I reckon. Digital cleanse
Old 04-01-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

I know Toots. I am just so angry cos it feels so unfair. I'm sorry everyone but I'm just not sure where this has come from. I feel like I'm about to have a full blown tantrum here. Need to calm down. Off to shop to get bread - nothing else. Husband is with me I was so happy earlier thinking of all the new possibilities. Now am throwing toys out of pram. sorry sorry guys. I am just venting. Started to explain to husband in a reserved manner that I was feeling edgy. he understood but I have saved my real feelings for you guys. Sorry again. Hope your day is going well. Talk later. Too angry with everything just now
Old 04-01-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Panache. FB is gonna get flushed. First post I saw at 10am was 'really fancy pub today ' I mean 10am. Wtf!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

I know Toots. I am just so angry cos it feels so unfair. I'm sorry everyone but I'm just not sure where this has come from. I feel like I'm about to have a full blown tantrum here. Need to calm down. Off to shop to get bread - nothing else. Husband is with me I was so happy earlier thinking of all the new possibilities. Now am throwing toys out of pram. sorry sorry guys. I am just venting. Started to explain to husband in a reserved manner that I was feeling edgy. he understood but I have saved my real feelings for you guys. Sorry again. Hope your day is going well. Talk later. Too angry with everything just now
Don't be sorry Snaggle this is what we are here for. If any of us need to vent we have a safe place to do it here and know that we will receive support in return.

I don't go on FB much these days for the exact same reason. The constant reminders of everyone bragging about how p*ssed they got last night and had an affair with a traffic cone don't help me either.
  # 290 (permalink)  

Go for a walk and get fresh air snaggle, put things into perspective. All it is, is a drink. All you have to do is not pick up that drink.

Vent here until the craving/feeling goes! We're here for you.
  # 291 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Stop bl00dy apologising you doughball! Save up your pennies and buy a punchbag! You will feel angry, frustrated, depressed, happy joyful, naturally high. Not necessarily in that order!
Please vent here, that's what here is for!! Plus I quite enjoy seeing the steam coming out of your ears, it is surprisingly attractive!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

We ARE normal. We are the normal people that should not drink.

Mozart's mind was wired for music. Einstein's for math. My brain was wired for alcohol addiction.

So, if I don't drink alcohol, I'm just as normal as anyone.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

AND the person who posted that on FB was my sister!!!! It's ok tho cos we don't speak anymore not since January. Right I am in the car on my way to tesco with husband to do abit of retail therapy blah! Sorry for apologising so much. Thank u for suggestions all. This will prob be first time I really fight this. Xxx
Old 04-01-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
All it is, is a drink.

Saying over and over while trying to appear normal on outside
Old 04-01-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Saying over and over while trying to appear normal on outside
Oh screw what you look like on the outside Snaggle, if it keeps you sane and sober for life who cares if you look insane for 1 hour a day! :p
Old 04-01-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Back home - bought some sweets - thanks guys not so angry now - just a bit down

You made me smile Mr B how p*ssed they got last night and had an affair with a traffic cone don't help me either. Your friends sound a lot like mine lol

Panache Toots Mr B Trachemys - thanks for being the voices of reason. I am gonna sit a calm down here for a bit longer

Love you loads xxxx
Old 04-01-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Snaggle, hope the shopping trip is going or has gone well! You may already know about urge surfing, but if not you might want to google it, or type into the search bar on this site. It's a really helpful technique.

Try thinking of your AV as a 2-year-old having a tantrum. It's super-annoying and really hard to ignore, but if you just ignore it for long enough it will get quieter and eventually give up and you'll have some peace.

Like Panache said, don't worry about how you appear to anyone else, just do whatever you need to do to fight this out - you'll come out stronger in the end. You can do it! x
Old 04-01-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Our posts crossed, Snaggle - glad you got home with sweets! Enjoy them! x
Old 04-01-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bepresent View Post
Try thinking of your AV as a 2-year-old having a tantrum. x
Thanks BP - I think I might have been the 2 year old having the tantrum. It has quieted a bit - will google urge surfing. I suppose I should feel a bit positive in that by I would normally be finishing my first glass of wine by now when I get that urge. I usually give it about 30 seconds and then give in. This has been a new experience for me.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Thanks BP - I think I might have been the 2 year old having the tantrum. It has quieted a bit - will google urge surfing. I suppose I should feel a bit positive in that by I would normally be finishing my first glass of wine by now when I get that urge. I usually give it about 30 seconds and then give in. This has been a new experience for me.
We've all been there, Snaggle! A few weeks ago I was posting on here practically in tears because I wanted a glass of wine soooo badly, and Sassy really helped me out. Well done fighting such a strong urge - it's a big victory, and shows you that you can do it. It will get easier x