Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 8

Old 04-02-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Just about to wonder off to bed myself, been an entirely peaceful evening here, I think Dee's mantra of "take drink off the table" finally clicked yesterday and today I haven't been at all bothered about what my AV has had to say.

Did anyone see Sewing Bee on the telly, might be my new fave show on British tv

Glad to see your all doing well, busy day tomorrow. Have a good day/night all.

Night night darlings

AoS
Old 04-02-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clight View Post
I will call the AA office tomorrow. I hope it will help but not sure. I don't have a friend since they all can drink normal will want to go out of there way to come with me. I know some friends! I will ask my sister tonight but she works a lot and hate to bother her when she is out of work but I will let you know. I am doing good again without the alcohol but I need more help. I am always alone and bored and have no motivation for anything. So I know eventually the bordem will bring the excuse to drink again to feel happy.
I don't know how it works in your part of the world, but when I called the local number they offered to send someone around to my house. Two guys came around, spent a little while talking to me and then returned that evening to take me to the meeting. I would never have got there without them...
Old 04-02-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

i went to an alcohol recovery centre, and freaked out
i had signed up that day, but never went back again.
because i didnt tell anyone, no one could hold me accountable.
how many crazy experiences and hardship could i have saved myself from,
if i would have just gone back.

but now i have a friend who has seen me in a bad state and said she would come with me to an AA meeting if i wanted to, but i always feel like its too much out of the way for her, or that she is busy.

maybe we underestimate how much our friends DO care, or if they don't
we should just do whatever it takes and GRAB anyone to get it done, even if it feels
awkward.

i can talk this talk, but i am not sure i can walk the walk. But it is advice i want to believe in for myself.

good luck CLIGHT for the next meeting
Old 04-02-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clight View Post
Hi, everyone

So i decided i would go to a earlier AA meeting which I tried and once I got to the church where they were having it I got so nervous that I had a panic attack. I jumped in my car with thinking I am having a heart attack pored my whole bottled water on my head and clothes and didn't even think I would make it home. When I did get home I ran cold water on my wrists and took my meds and now still a bit shaky but better. I think since I suffer panic/anxiety and thinking about it all morning till afternoon did me in. Now since I think it was facing all these people is what made me a wreck. I am thinking it is time to see a psychologist. I don't know if I have social anxiety or what now. This stinks because i want to stay sober but need more help.
Yea, I think you are right on this one clight. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Go back and you can read about all the fun I've had with panic attacks and anxiety. Call in the professionals. Not just a general doc, get a top gun. It doesn't have to be that way. Get a good doctor psychiatrist, be completely honest, and keep close going to them so they know what is working and what isn't. It took me a little time to get my medication just right but I haven't had to be in the hospital or call an ambulance for 3 years. Yes, I have done the water on the head thing too. I've even fainted. Have a nice scar on my chin from that one. You can get help with your anxiety. Go get it!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I am finishing up day 6 tonight with so much on my mind. I stress myself to much with everything. Well, day 6 is a done deal and tomorrow is a new day. Everyone have a great night!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi all. Panache you go girl and spend that 70 pound on something nice for yourself.

Peeps the sleep patterns do settle. Like snaggle said we are getting proper REM sleep now we're not just comatose from knocking ourselves out. And girls we may have coped with two bottles of wine and getting up at 6.30am but remember that debilitating fatigue in the afternoons?

My skin has broken out a bit, you'd think that I was 13 again, I figure that my body is doing an internal flush and this is the result.

Day to day is so much easier. Small things that used to make me flare with irritation just wash off. My concentration has improved too, I don't have to pull my mind into focus it's there when it should be.

I notice a few people mentioning they miss drink as a reward. I've found it helpful to always know what I'm going to have to drink before the situation arises, less so now that I'm getting used to not drinking but it was very important a couple of weeks ago. I also find making a bit of an 'occasion' about what I'm drinking even with an every day evening meal really helps. Ice, a nice glass and something special.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi my Sober Marchers

Panache, huge congrats on your meeting! clight I am glad you will call AA. Maybe there are visitors like RaggedyMan suggested?

RE: sleep. Still an issue for me, sorry to say, even after 32 days. But waking up tired is so much better than hung over.

RE: panic attacks. I've only truly had one when I stopped drinking last year and sweet weeping mercy, my withdrawal was pure hell and the panic attack scared me to death. So grateful that didn't happen this time around. 360shoes offered some great advice - see a pro if you're experiencing panic attacks..

Big love to the Sober Marchers!

Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

Good evening lovely Marchers,

I had a little bout with a food illness last night... first I thought the pains and nausea were associated with the ongoing 'detox' but when I spilled my lunch in the eve and the pains subsided, I knew it was something I ate.

It left me quite limp and depleted and it took all my energy to make some tea and toast before settling down for the night. I was able to make work today but was tired and cranky. It's hard sometimes to go thru these physical terrors... anxiety, panic attacks, illness... all on our own.

I chose my signature when I first joined because I found I was trying to escape the pains that were happening to me while it was happening. If I was feeling anxiety at work, I thought I just needed to go home and take a hot bath and it will all be ok. When that didn't work, I thought tea...bed...melotonin. But I found I couldn't run from it... No matter where I went, there I was. In pain.

I can rightly say, the drink is just not an option anymore. I've distanced myself enough to understand the cycle and what the poison was doing to me. It had become a merry-go-round, and a gamble with my health... and no matter where I go, there I'm going to be.

I don't want to be sick from the poison anymore. I want to be happy and healthy.

March On Sober Soldiers...
Old 04-02-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hey Phebe:

Old 04-02-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Or the flip side of that inconspicuous look, North....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Far Side.jpg (33.9 KB, 56 views)
Old 04-02-2013, 11:27 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Morning morning morning how is everyone? panache well done you, I'm a bit scared about AA but struggling on here and now can't imagine how I functioned at work after 2+ bottles of wine a night have a great day everyone xx
Old 04-02-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Well trust me to go and jinx myself, worst night sleep yet, took ages to get off and woke every hour or so. Bloody itching as well grrr. Knackered this morning

Oh and look a "recovered" alcoholic on the BBC news well good for you

#badmood ignore me
Old 04-02-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-9-a.html

D