Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 6

Old 04-23-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Congratulations INH on your 90 day milestone. That's fantastic!

Believe me the idea of going anywhere that involved alcohol used to fill me with dread but somehow, somewhere along the line things change.

Loved the Rocky Horror. Mind going to the theatre as a teeny bop all dressed up to watch it

Glad your AA buddy seen sense. Gotta focus on ourselves in the early days. Good call.
Sounds really selfish when I see it written above, I never was good at putting my feelings down. Hope you understand what I'm getting at.

Hi Hypo and Jeni. Happy St Geogre Day.

Catch You all later
Nicky
x
Take Care
Old 04-23-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go INH - congrats

D
Old 04-23-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

INH- so happy to hear of your 90 days!!

You are awesome, and it is so well deserved xxx

Old 04-24-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
No I didn't get dressed up lol, I thought about it, but couldn't do it. I did get a red V drawn on my forehead. But I was no where near the only one. I think I would like to go to a showing with more people, if I do I will bring a script of what is yelled at the screen.
I think over here it is more dressy up than audience participation these days. It is pretty much constantly on at the big theatres. In Birmingham you constantly see blokes in stockings out in town.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Morning/evening guys

Jeni thank you for pulling me back in the fold. I was getting a bit stuck in my ways and posting very little but feels good to post here.

Have a happy, healthy day everyone.

x
Old 04-24-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day Nicky

D
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caledonia1 View Post

Jeni thank you for pulling me back in the fold. I was getting a bit stuck in my ways and posting very little but feels good to post here.

x
You're very welcome....although I was being the teeniest bit selfish because I love having you here with us xxx
Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Aww how sweet. Keep it coming
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Am SO pleased its Friday! What a day!

How's everyone doing?xxx
Old 04-26-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

All good this end. I have been off work a lot this week so that's probably why I went to a SMART meeting today and will hopefully be able to get to one next week too, but then that's it It's nice, it's like AA but people talk back to you. Lots of cross talk and very supportive. Being able to articulate things helps consolidate it in my head for me which I could never do in an AA meeting for some reason.

I am a bit worried about work in a way. I have an appraisal coming up and because I haven't been getting on with my boss I am a bit worried about it. And I am worried I am going to be hyper defensive and tell him about all the stuff I'm p;ssed off about. I'll try to keep my gob shut. I am riding this job out to the bitter end.

How is work going with you Jeni? x
Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm good. So pleased its Friday! I had such a difficult day at work, lots of conflicts to resolve and an angry Dad of one of the pupils who raged at me for 10 minutes on the phone! He was being totally unreasonable and I hate dealing with anger. I got all hot and flustered and felt cornered. Then I had a weeping parent, then a weeping teacher.....and a million other things happening at the same time!! Phew, time to chill out now for sure!

I'm glad you enjoyed your SMART meeting, I don't think we have them round here, but they sound really good.

Don't worry about your appraisal, it is never good to spend time imagining scenarios. If you do your best, you won't have much to worry about. Keep your cool my friend xxx
Old 04-26-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Oh bless you, that sounds tough. I am sure you are a fantastic mediator though, no matter how unpleasant it must be.

Yeah my problem is more a personality clash than an actual work based problem so I am sure I won't get fired for that. Though I am not sure it's good when the boss doesn't like you.

Enjoy your well deserved weekend Jeni X
Old 04-26-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Do you actually know he doesn't like you? Clashing over stuff, disagreeing over work issues...well that doesn't always indicate he doesn't actually like you? You may be being a bit hard on yourself here??x
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I am a total bitch to him cos he's really annoying... well maybe snide and patronising. He never does what he's supposed to do. I should be being hard on myself because I don't know how to be a pleasant employee. He acts weird around me because I think he's a bit scared of me because I always say what I think and he hates confrontation. Or I am being paranoid.... x
Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hi guys

Difficult day at work for me too. My poor client was agitated and impatient all day topped with what seems like every member of my family want a *favour*AND my wee ones poorly too

Having said all that chilling out now after stuffing my face with a takeaway and enjoyed a nice hot bubbly bath.

Here's to soberiety.

Hypo Think Jeni's got some great adive there, running scenarios is exhausting, it may never happen. (())

Phew Jeni what a day you've had, exhausted just reading your post.

Enjoy your weekend ladies.

x
Old 04-26-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hypo must have been posting at the same time. You sound rather harsh towards yourself if you don't mind me saying. I'm sure he values your opinions more than you realise.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hypo...you paranoid???? Never!!

He sounds like an annoying ****, I would have to smile sweetly and just get on with my work if I were you. I couldn't be bothered to enter into any sort of conflict situation, no good for my sanity. Stay cool xxx

Nicky, it sounds as though you've had a trying day too. Still it's the weekend.

Deep breaths girls!!!xxx
Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Deep breaths all round It is nice that after any kind of work stress though that we don't have to drink on top of it anymore. I am liking the takeaway and bubble bath idea Nicky, much more relaxing x
Old 04-26-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Drinking?.....now that's REALLY stressful. So pleased that's not in my weekend plans xxx
Old 04-27-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Just back in (1.30pm)from a fabby girly night at a friends house to celebrate her 40th.

Still gotta pinch myself that I can actually have a social life without booze.

Now just need to work on hubby.........lol