Notices

Class of February 2013 part 3

Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Checking in. No desire for alcohol since Feb. 20. Went to an AA meeting - my first- last night but either everyone was rolling in late or the meeting date has changed, so I went for a drive.

Originally Posted by justme2013 View Post
...I would have outpaced them all, and they drank a lot. But I know I would have continued on into oblivion once I got home, by myself. Feels so good to be home now, with a cup of tea. And I'll feel great in the morning!
This forum provides exactly the kind of support I need, even though I mostly read. Thanks to you all! Have a good night.

That was me, too justme. Congratulations on stopping altogether.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Welcome newbies, day 5 for me. Feeling happier today. Have a great Thursday everyone.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hope you're all doing good! Day 12
Old 02-28-2013, 01:03 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melissa6381 View Post
Bunny- you are a beautiful person and this group would not be the same without you <3 <3 <3
as are you Mel ~ you are a wonderful woman, brave and strong, and I thank you for being here with us!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firstweek View Post
Hope you're all doing good! Day 12
I've done myself an injustice its actually Day 13 - how did that happen! Last week I was counting the hours and now I missed a day Not going to allow myself to get too "secure" - this is a delicate path we tread! Good luck all have a nice day x
Old 02-28-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

This thread makes me wish it was a leap year so we could have 1 more day in February.

Day 31.

I have met the enemy and he was me. Was.

Have a great sober day! We can do this!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, loads of great stuff written on this thread, will miss it. Day six for me today, the sun is shining and i feel good. Even having five days under my belt makes me feel a little smug when i venture out! I know how in the past its when i have to keep alert, remembering why im doing this and making sure i dont go back there.

Some inspiring stuff on these pages helping so much in keeping me sober, i thank you all.

I think someones mentioned it before but where do we all go from here?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:47 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Hi everyone, loads of great stuff written on this thread, will miss it.

I think someones mentioned it before but where do we all go from here?
We aren't going anywhere- all the other classes post in their start month threads still. You're stuck with us
Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Have another sober and great day Amigas and Amigos. Long 10 hour drive today. All by my lonesome it gives me time to reflect. Thank God for satellite radio.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
now's the time

Goose1, I used to have to drive long distances alone on a regular basis... Audio books are great for that!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 2. Not the best night sleep but the shakes have gone, the anxiety is more manageable etc. I shall never forget yesterday, torture.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thumbs up

for anyone who missed this:

The February 2013 thread will continue for as long as you guys keep posting

When we hit March this thread moves to the Daily Support forum, and the new March thread will begin in this forum for all the March newcomers

Hope thats clear
D
Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi, I posted in the Newcomers Forum and explained that I am quitting TODAY once and for all - I am sick of living my life like this and was (harshly but rightly) spurred on this morning by my 13 year old son saying 'if you carry on like that, you will die before your time' !! I am going on a work trip on Saturday for 10 days and that is going to be hard (eg to stay away from bar, minibar etc). I need YOUR help so please stick with me - I'd be so grateful !
Old 02-28-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll find a ton of support here Icandothis2013

SR helped me turn my life around - I know you can find the help and encouragement here to do that for yourself too

D
Old 02-28-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Hotels and motels have them interwebs. I think our newest member is taking us with her on her work trip.

Class of February...
ROAD TRIP!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey Goose -
I do the same thing... if I'm understanding you correctly. I decided to quite (half heartedly - cut back) around July of last year. After a nasty binge Christmas Eve... where I don't even remember setting up "Santa" with my wife and feeling like garbage Christmas Day... I decided enough. Tired, so tired of the cycle. But, I don't think I was fully committed. I always wondered when I would be able to have that good micro brew I so loved. I wouldn't just have one or two - ever, though. It would be 6. Then 8. Then a shot. Then a glass of wine... then the hangover... followed by a micro brew in the a.m. to get me steady...

So tired of the cycle.

This past weekend I decided to fully commit. I'll never be able to drink normally. Not now, not 30 years from now. I, like you have seen the awesomeness of 12 - 14 days (14 being the longest stretch) and the hell from day one - 5 or 6 (for me). I know what the first day will be like and how hard it will be to not pick up that first drink. Not because I'm not fully committed but because my body craves the poison because the poison has made it feel so terrible. I know I won't sleep day one and day two will be a tired, anxiety driven, am I dying, sad hell. I won't sleep day two. Day three I'll be short of breath but slightly better - other than exhausted. I'll function a little better on day three but will still have anxiety and disappointment. Day 3 I might sleep. And then it improves until after 7 days I'm usually somewhat back to normal.... running 5 miles/day again, eating clean and healthy...

and this time... that will be my new cycle forever. God help me to remember what I was doing never, ever worked... and help me to never go back to the hell of day one. It sure isn't worth it.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Wow 3rd thread already! I've been busy working haven't been able to check in and read posts as much. I will have to spend some quality reading time tonight catching up. I enjoy reading how everyone is doing and I like seeing everyone's individual progress.

As for me, today is day 26. I'm getting close to 30 days and that makes me really proud. The last drink I had was on 2/2/13, so I will look forward to March being my first COMPLETE calendar month of sobriety.

Time to get to work for me. Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

March will be my first full sober month since I was 20 or 21. That's over 10 years...

Let's rally and do it together and congratulations on 26 days!!! Truly an accomplishment. You deserve 31 for that!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good Morning Y'all! Morning of Day 7 here. I can't believe if I make it through the day, it will be one week sober. When, not if!!!

I love keeping up with everyone on SR. I've never seen y'all in person but I feel connected to y'all as we are all on the same journey.

The one thing I've noticed is that I'm positive when I wake up...

After the meeting I went to last night, I was a bit depressed. That's happened after all three meetings I've attended. I think it's just that making it a point to go to meetings makes this real... I dunno. I'm also really shy so it stirs up some social anxiety....

Anywho- everyone have a great, sober Thursday!

Blessings,
SR
Old 02-28-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
now's the time

Good morning, Day 15. Haven't slept but it's almost six am so chronologically it's morning, even if my body's denying it!

It's funny; I know from the doctor that the damage I've done is not too bad. But for some reason my withdrawal period seems to be lasting forever compared to others!