Class of February 2013 part 3

Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

did you ever seek help SFMS?

D
Old 02-27-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Yes, over a year ago. Didn't help. Paranoia is apparently very hard to treat.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberForMySon View Post
Yes, over a year ago. Didn't help. Paranoia is apparently very hard to treat.
You can do it! I really didnt think id get through today but i have. If I can you can too! Get back on the wagon with all us newbies
Old 02-27-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Do you have a Beagle? I love dogs.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Do you have a Beagle? I love dogs.
I Don't, I used to. I'm a sucker for pets, absolutely love dogs. Atm i have a rabbit, she's very cute!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Paranoia is apparently very hard to treat.
ok sure - but alcohol is probably the worst thing you can try and treat paranoia with SFMS. It's like pouring gas on a fire.

I'm sorry the last guy didn't help, I thought you might have found someone else since last we talked - you were thinking about it?

I encourage you to find someone else - keep trying...sometimes we need to attack the problem on a couple of fronts.

D
Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks. I know. Need the reminder.

And me too mr. I have four dogs, two cats, eight snakes, and a lovebird!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

First sober business dinner. Waiting for clients to arrive, but staying away from the bar. Strangely not really craving. AV must be laying low for the moment. Must remain diligent! Day 7
Hope all are doing well!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

My net went down and I sure did freak. Glad to be back.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi y'all!! Checking in on the evening of Day 6. Work was super busy today so I was distracted. Between meetings though I had a flash of anxiety. But I settled down relatively quickly!

Sfms- hang in there! I hope you find peace soon. I also love dogs. Mine is a rescue and I like to think he saved me, not the other way around.

Blessings,
SB
Old 02-27-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Dancediva

Welcome.

I came as close as I have yet to giving in today. Just thinking I want an afternoon free of the fear, a break, it's so hard living like this. But thus far I have resisted. Still badly tempted but I really want day 14 tomorrow.
SoberForMySon, you can do this! You so got this! Stay strong and good things will happen. You know if you cave it will only make things worse right? Know that we are all rooting for you.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Dancediva

Checking in on day 18! It's been a crazy busy week. I'm trying to get more workouts in which help my moods tremendously. Tomorrow I'm going to meet with a therapist for the first time. I'm kind of nervous (understatement!) and have thought about canceling many times. I'm feeling better right now and subconsiously I think maybe I don't even need help and that I can do this with just the online support. I'll probably go ahead and go though cause deep down I know I'm messed up. I'm so glad our group is going strong! I was trying to get replies in to people but I honestly can't keep up with everyone! I love reading everyones comments though.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
I can relate to this. When I first started in AA (many years ago with some relapses), I had many of the same reactions you have mentioned. Except one night when I walked into a meeting, p'd off that no one greeted me. Couldn't they see I was new and needed help???? Then I looked around and saw another person standing alone, so I went and introduced myself...

Turned out it was their first time and she was having the same reaction as me. Now having been on the other side of the fence (knowing many people and enjoying socializing, I have never forgotten that and try to greet people at the door. The cross I have to bear with that one is that sometimes I will greet someone who says: "Don't you remember me? We talked at yesterday's meeting!"

Not an excuse but YOU must raise your hand and say you are new and would like (many) phone numbers. I guarantee you will have a different experience.
Thanks Pamel, I think i'm feeling sorry for myself a lot of the time, especially because i picked up a drink and felt guilty going back, like i'd failed.
Something really strange happened tonight so i'm giving the meetings a miss for a while! a guy who has rang & texted me being supportive over the last (2 weeks) told me he loved me?! i am really freaked out, we haven't kissed or anything, but he's said this to me!!! even left me a voice mail crying saying he can't live without me. I've met him (once) for a brew, and seen him at 3 meetings and he's telling me he loves me, is in love with me. I text back saying i was sorry but i can't deal with this, i don't think we should talk anymore & that we are both vulnerable. I'm in shock that he has done this and said it, he more or less invited himself round to mine the other night and i had to say no a few times before he got it. Thank goodness i didn't let him round. This has scared me a bit. What should i do?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely keep your distance newlife - whatever this is, it's not love - he hardly knows you, or you him.

D
Old 02-27-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Sober birthday 2/7/13

Newlife- I absolutely agree with D. You are doing the right thing to stay away, but also to put it into words that you are not interested. Staying silent is another form of yes to some. Is there another meeting group near you that you could check in to? You do need the support. Or at least when you do go back to that group, you should keep around authors when he is around. And state in their presence how you are not in a relationship space. Might help him to understand the message with others witnessing- even if you don't pointedly direct it at him.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober birthday 2/7/13

Good evening my friends!

Checking in here and thrilled at all the love. I have never been the cheerleader type, but dang, we are really great!

I see you. Each of you. You are afraid and alone. You are braving any excuse to have a 'normal' day. You are keeping your mind busy with work or chores or music or books or the sky! You are passing up on the bottle. You are choosing to be present in this moment because this moment, be it beautiful or painful or fearful, is the moment your life is starting. Really starting. No more hiding. No more secrets. Yes, there will be some things to set right. But the future is CLEAN. That terrible weight, that horrible waiting and planning to drink and to lie about it, is gone.

Every day the voice gets softer and less frequent. Every day the pain and sorrow diminishes. Every day we care a little more for our own lives. And every day we come here to care for each other.

I love you all. Thank you for being part of my strength.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Dancediva

That was awesome bunny44!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

That was just what I needed to hear bunny44.

Today is the end of my second day of not drinking. I went to my son's ensemble concert tonight and was able to be fully present. What a treat. Even better I'll wake up tomorrow with out all of the guilt, shame, and regret.

Thank you all for sharing! Your courage keeps me strong!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hey everyone - Welcome to all newcomers; Paddler, AshleyNickel, NLFM, Mvngon, Bizooky. Hope I didn't miss anyone. Wow, the "Love" month is really growing. One thing that got me to this point is the emotional and physical hangovers after my million and one binge drunks. And the cycle was always the same. I mean I could tell exactly what my mind and body was going to go through to the "T," day by day until I started to feel better. "This stuff is poison to me." So today was some of the same. I do some driving to service accounts. My thoughts are always pf future sobriety. Weeks, months and years down the road. It is somewhat frustrating that I don't enjoy my sobriety in the moment. Hopefully someday I will be able to live in the moment. Day 12...tomorrow with a 10 hour drive. Does anyone else experience the same?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bizooky View Post
That was just what I needed to hear bunny44.

Today is the end of my second day of not drinking. I went to my son's ensemble concert tonight and was able to be fully present. What a treat. Even better I'll wake up tomorrow with out all of the guilt, shame, and regret.

Thank you all for sharing! Your courage keeps me strong!
All right way to go Bizooky. I'll bet your son was proud and happy to have you there. Way to be there for him. Something to build on, keep it up!