Class of February 2013 part 3

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

Have a good day everyone

D
Old 02-27-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome MrBeagle,

Hope you jumped the bridge over to here.

Day 14 for me and I am sticking with February for my "home" thread.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Mr Beagle - Just in time, March is just around the corner. Day 11 here. "This stuff is poison to me." Other than our today, Day 1 is probably the most important day and decision we ever made. Congrats on Day 1 of sobriety.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Coffee is good this morning. Got to run, long work day ahead. Stay sober Amigas and Amigos.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good Morning Y'all- checking in at the start of Day 6 here. Wow... Sleep was fitful- my upstairs neighbors were partying & ultimately ended up fighting. At first I was irritated because I was exhausted. Then I took a breath and realized that maybe this was happening at this moment for a reason... As a reminder of what I don't want to be! I popped in some headphones and read until I fell back asleep.

Hope everyone has an awesome,sober Wednesday!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 13 and the urge is there to drink to relieve the fear, but I will stay strong. I have to! Trying again not to indulge my mental illness, boy is it hard.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello all,
Reading all of your posts has been a real help to me. I have tried to stop drinking in the past with little success. I really want to stop and knowing you are all here doing the same is wonderful. A million thanks!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi to you all. Just checking in on day 2, feeling p'd off today and angry. Just walked out of a meeting, it was too much for me to bare, felt like an abused child. They all p'd me off. One women sat next to me and ignored me, and sat sniggering at other peoples shares, which i thought was rude. There was another women that didn't return my text couple of weeks ago when i was struggling and i went out & picked up. Why pretend to help if you don't want to. I find some of the men arrogant and it's very clique. They all know eachother. I don't feel ready to share but i felt the pressure to. Generally p'd off. Sorry to sounds SO miserable
Old 02-27-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Sounds like you need a different group NLFM.

Welcome back Bizooky. Many roads leading to sobriety and they are all explained someplace on this forum. Read read read!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 10 for this alcoholic....enjoying a walk daily and starting a healthy diet too....
Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLifeForMeeee View Post
Hi to you all. Just checking in on day 2, feeling p'd off today and angry. Just walked out of a meeting, it was too much for me to bare, felt like an abused child. They all p'd me off. One women sat next to me and ignored me, and sat sniggering at other peoples shares, which i thought was rude. There was another women that didn't return my text couple of weeks ago when i was struggling and i went out & picked up. Why pretend to help if you don't want to. I find some of the men arrogant and it's very clique. They all know eachother. I don't feel ready to share but i felt the pressure to. Generally p'd off. Sorry to sounds SO miserable
I can relate to this. When I first started in AA (many years ago with some relapses), I had many of the same reactions you have mentioned. Except one night when I walked into a meeting, p'd off that no one greeted me. Couldn't they see I was new and needed help???? Then I looked around and saw another person standing alone, so I went and introduced myself...

Turned out it was their first time and she was having the same reaction as me. Now having been on the other side of the fence (knowing many people and enjoying socializing, I have never forgotten that and try to greet people at the door. The cross I have to bear with that one is that sometimes I will greet someone who says: "Don't you remember me? We talked at yesterday's meeting!"

Not an excuse but YOU must raise your hand and say you are new and would like (many) phone numbers. I guarantee you will have a different experience.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Checking in on day 24 with nothing new to report. Each day is slightly better than the previous, so small incremental improvements are being made. Stay vigilant everyone, February is nearing an end!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Is it too late to join the February group, or should I wait for March? If it's not too late, I'd like to become a part of this.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

February 27th... YOU ARE CLEARED TO JOIN!!!

Wecome Mvngon
Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard Mvngon!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome.

I came as close as I have yet to giving in today. Just thinking I want an afternoon free of the fear, a break, it's so hard living like this. But thus far I have resisted. Still badly tempted but I really want day 14 tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

well its 7pm here. today has been the longest day of my life. Still feeling very vulnerable, shaky, exhausted and dizzy and very very anxious. Can't believe I feel like this again
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You never have to feel like this again once you get through this! Hang in there.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post
well its 7pm here. today has been the longest day of my life. Still feeling very vulnerable, shaky, exhausted and dizzy and very very anxious. Can't believe I feel like this again
But you got through the day!! It gets better, but a little at a time. Today is Day 14 for me and I am just getting my energy back (my brain is still lost a bit).

Glad you are here....
Old 02-27-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcomes!

I'm going to look through this thread more thoroughly when I get home from work. So far, this looks like a great, supportive group. My best to you all today.

Oh, and Pamel, today is my day 14 too! Glad to read you are getting your energy back. I'm noticing that too. My brain....well that's another story.