Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 6

Old 03-05-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

I forgot to say - glad all is well Courage

D

Last edited by Dee74; 03-05-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Morning all

Great news courage, treat yourself with some chocolate and ice cream or be very indulgent and have a spa day Thanks for confirming about qualifying. I would be very nervous to speak in a room, but then again maybe being in AA and when everyone does it makes it easier to do. Do what you feel comfortable with

maples, hope you are ok. your AA group sounds really supportive and a good bunch of people. my suggestion of AVRT wasn't implying you stop AA or anything

Tam-no laptop still in shop, I'm at work at the moment. can't stay away from SR but only able to log on for a short period

cnh-good to hear from you. stay strong and stick around SR -you can do this

TTBABP - hope your husband is feeling better and makes a speedy recovery

gonzo-enjoy your new game. at least you won't smell of alcohol even if you forget to shower

not much to report here. At work. my headaches eased last night though woke with it today. It's gone now thankfully, hopefully that'll be the end of it. I spoke with the pharmacist yesterday who said it is normal and should ease.

Take care all.xx
Old 03-06-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Morning, all!

Courage, glad your test came back negative! Wahoo!

Maples, I'm glad you feel better after the meeting.

CNH, stick around!

TT, it will just take a little time, two weeks away is a lot... Especially at work. Hope your husband is on the mend.

Gonzo... Good luck, on the game and the showering. Lol

Taz, so wise!

Dee, good morning! Love the wisdom you interject.

I am going to work early today, have some stuff I have to get caught up on. Trying to "work my steps" around my boss who is a contrary person by nature (you tell him the sky is blue, just for fun, he will argue that you're wrong... For hours).
Old 03-06-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Great news courage! So glad to log in and see that!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I was reading another thread last week and someone said that even if they could suddenly drink in moderation they would choose not to as they just prefer living without alcohol. I've been thinking about this a lot since then. I really like not drinking now. I think if someone plonked a glass of wine in front of me now I would not want it. then again, catch me at a low moment and I might change my mind....

Anyway, there is hope for the future that in time we will celebrate and be happy and content being non drinkers.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
p***enger

Thanks everyone for their warm thoughts -- sending them back to you with an extra mental squeeze.

My mother died this morning. I don't know any details yet. It was unexpected but not really a surprise. She was a strange woman, and I'll probably still be trying to figure her out when it's my turn to die.

CNH08 & Maples, I hope you'll stick around here, and I hope you'll keep striving hard for sobriety. You can do it if you really work at it -- like they say, if you're willing to do whatever it takes. There's nothing good in the direction of a drink.

Sorry I can't do more individual messages today --
Old 03-06-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

oh Courage, I'm so sorry about your mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

you've had a pretty rough time of it recently. you're doing so well staying sober -I'm proud of you
Old 03-06-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I am so sorry Courage, thoughts and love being sent your way.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Courage I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I agree with ready that you have had a tough time of it but you have manged to reamain sober and supportive of us here. You are a very strong person.

Ready, Courage, Tam and everyone - thanks for the well wishes for my hubby. It is much appreciated.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

What music do you listen to at work? Home? At work I have my computer set with Pandora, mostly new country, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, throw some old school Johnny Cash in the mix also. I hadnt thought a lot about it, but on my walk home I realized how just how many songs had something to do with drinking, partying, etc. With the AV ever lingering on my shoulder, I wonder how much this affects me however subtle? So today i switched stations to a easy listening, folk type genre. I do know this style helps me when I am agitated/angry, and with my recent work issues, this might not be a bad thing. What about the rest of you? Have you ever given what you listen to any thought? Or am I over thinking this?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Tazz - I am a pop/rock type girl myself but I don'y really get to listen to mucsic much anymore. In the car I listen to talk radio - nothing at work and at home I always have the TV on for background noise.

I do know what you are saying about the drinking and partying references perhaps having an effect though. It seems that on TV 90% of the time people relax at work, on the weekends with friends by having a drink - often a glass of wine - my favorite. Sometimes seeing those images does make me long to be able to sit and have a glass of red. I don't but it makes me want to. So I do think the songs could be affecting you.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi, December. I'm still here.

Courage, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm sending warm thoughts to you...

I have a word for Maples too - when you fell apart just got back up again. I am in your corner.

Tomorrow I have a day off and my girfriend comes to visit me. We argued a lot some time ago (I don't know if it were arguments - more like saying sh... to each other because both of us felt hurt). Then we had a break. After that we've come to agreement and we started to talk normally again - but not in person. Now she wants to spend a day with me and I didn't have any objection. I missed her.

I hope that it will be a good day.
I could use a good day, you know.
Can't wait to see her.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

2inconsolable- I know it will be a good day! and yes you deserve and have earned a good day, or two or a dozen!! Start off positive tomorrow and it has to go that way!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thank you, Tazzle Have a good day too.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Courage.

good to see you 2incolsolable.

D
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Sorry courage
Old 03-06-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

No, I didn't go off the deep end. According to my counter, I'm at 3 months 6 days.

Courage - I'm so sorry about your Mother. My deepest condolences to you.

I'm just making a quick drive-by before my 8pm shows begin. Everything going well at this end including work, health and weather. Yesterday I got my first paycheck with the new job, just in time, since my $$$ had dwindled down to nothing. ~I'm back in the saddle again~ Steven Tyler

It's been a great 3+ months being sober.

I'll try to check in on a more punctual basis.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 3 months Cat

D
Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Had a mens faith meeting tonight. We read the prodigal son from the bible and discussed the concept of forgiveness.

Luke 15:11-32 NIV - The Parable of the Lost Son - Jesus - Bible Gateway

Not all AAers, but lots of us. It was good, feel tired but content tonight.

Off to sober dreamland...
Old 03-07-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that courage! What a roller coaster month for you.

Hey everyone I've not really checked in properly for a few days. I'm starting to think a lot about beer, about missing it, and wanting it.

I don't know it it's the beer really or the social side. I've noticed on Facebook that my sister is now hanging around with my old bar friends (my sister is one of those mythical creatures that can "have a good time" at a pub (no, honestly!) without drinking o_0). So I'm not worried about her taking up my drinking habits, but it's like she's replaced me to them, and then they have replaced me to her (I live in a different town now).

I've not been thinking about my relationships much during my sober time so far and it's suddenly sort of hit me how very lonely I am.

*twitch*