Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 6

Old 03-03-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Funny... I don't remember what my username means! Lol I had made it up a long time ago but never used it (it's an email address for me) and when I came here, I didn't want anyone to accidentally discover me. Lol now, I guess I don't really care. Had anyone seen me drink, they either drank like me or figured I drank too much.

Alice, I'm sorry to hear about the schmooz.. You handled it far more gracefully than I would have.

Ready, hope you get your quiet time!

The kid is acting like a meanhead again, hoping just to get through the day.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning, everyone!

Tazzle: How are you doing today?

Sorry to hear about your free-loading friend, Alice. I can sympathize -- in NYC people seem to think you've a huge income & can go out to lunch daily, shop etc. -- I'm the only earner in my house w/a kid in college, and eat leftovers for lunch. But it's no fun to explain that to people, and I don't know why I should have to!! I hope at least your visitor was good company!!!

Hope you get that quiet Sunday, Ready!

Tam, it must be stressful with your son, but there will be better times. Is he getting good therapy or treatment?

Yesterday was kind of a weird emotional rollercoaster—I got a call at noon that my mother had fallen again & was taken to the hospital, but it turned out to be different from that – she seems to be having some cognitive issues. Another day, another bit of drama!

--Lates!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning all, just relaxing on Sunday morning here on Day 32. I've got a "buddy" like that too Alice, don't really hear from him for years until he needs a place to stay when he is in town. It's good to see him and he'll spring for pizza etc, but still, you know what's coming when they call or message after not hearing from them in forever.

Not much planned for today, it hit 10°C yesterday so spent a few hours getting a jump on spring cleaning in the yard. Evidently it was hard work because I was falling asleep at about 8:30 last night even while the game was on. Been up since 5:30 which seems to be becoming the new normal, only used to do that when I was in the middle of a runner. Only problem is I've had 3 bigass travel mugs of coffee by 8:00 and have to quit when more sounds great. More than that and I'll feel sick all day. Had my blood tests on Thursday and they called Friday afternoon, so going in tomorrow morning to see whats up. Just going to mostly chill out today, tidy a few things around the house, nice staying on top of it while sober instead of it being a huge job after finally stopping the sauce.

Stay strong today everyone.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey class. I've been busy with some personal stuff but wanted to let you all know I am till thinking of yu all. Hope to get back to reading & posting more regularly soon.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hope your blood tests are ok gonzo please let us know how you get on

Good to hear from you ttbabp hoping all is well with you. Sending you warm wishes
Courage sorry to hear about your mum I hope she is ok

iPad is going back to its owner this afternoon and my laptop isn't ready till thurs soi shall be absent till then I may log in quickly and read at work tho not too keen on doing that. See you all on Thursday
Old 03-04-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi everyone,

I'm off to get a biopsy this morning. Even though I'm a little worried and nervous, I have a lot to be grateful for.

Gonzo, I hope those blood tests come out fine. Let us know what the drs say, ok?

Have a good Monday (or whatever day), everyone!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope things go well for you both, Courage and Gonzo

D
Old 03-04-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

hope all goes well courage, thinking of you.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Good luck Courage!

At work right now and I am committed... To cleaning up my food act. Omg. I feel as icky as when I got hangovers.

Everyone have a good one.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

hello and good morning all. Its monday and I am nervous about dealing with co worker. But there is no way around it, and I no longer have the anger that I had, which is good. Now it is just annoyance.

Sorry for not getting back you Courage and everyone who responded to my post Sat. am. But weekends I get away (try) from the computor and play with the dogs, do stuff with hubby, you know living!
We did have the wine in the house, and as far as urges it doesnt bother me to have it in the house. But it definatly did not work in my benifit then for sure. Its the buying and hiding it that I battle, binging the whole deal. I do know that it took all weekend to get my body back in sync, fuzzy brain, just not right. And since hubby and I are both trying to lose weight, there is no wine around now because I drank it all friday night!! Anyway I am now more commited than ever to get healthy, I know I set myself back, with my anger and alcohol. But I cant do anything about the past, the bell has been rung. I just need to get back to the right path no matter what it takes.
I really want all of you to know how much I appreciate your support and advice, even if your words are not directed at me I gain strength.

Well I have put this off long enough time to get ready for work,,,any postive thoughts you have laying around kick em my way please,,,,
Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
p***enger

Wishing you a good day, Tazzle!

Keep it serene, everyone!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good luck gonzo and courage with your tests. Thinking nothing but positive thoughts for you both!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning all, tests were fine. Kidneys, Blood suger etc all checked out. 3 out of 4 of the enzymes in the liver were fine, 1 is out but not enough for concern, getting that rechecked sometime towards the end of summer just to confirm it pulls back in line. Other than that just the cholesterol is high, so lay off deli meats and dairy and get my ass off the couch and exercise instead of just keep making plans to do so. So went well overall, now back to work here.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

awesome news gonzo!!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi All, hope you guys are doing good, from reading the posts I have a huge amount of respect for you all. I've sadly gone WAY off the deep end again, Mrs N was disappointed at first, then hopeful then even more disappointed after I f*cked that up too. Building up hope in another person and then watching yourself sh!tting all over it (whilst feeling good about it as the liquor hit hits?!) is bad **** indeed.

Please avoid it - if you're living with someone who's giving you a last chance - don't **** it up - you won't realise it's your last chance til the door slams - don't let that happen.

This isn't a cry for help post - this is a thank you for all your help post but I'm not ready to quit yet - jobs good, kids are good - all is good, I know this will end in tears if I let it but…

Thank you again for all your support - I won't be here again soon as I feel like a turd posting on this site when I'm not the real deal at the moment.

Big loves to you all, esp Courage and Time, I WILL BE BACK
Old 03-04-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi Taz, good luck with the coworker. Let us know how it goes.

TT, glad you checked in! Come back soon,

Ready, thanks for letting us know you will be away.

Gonzo, glad your tests came back alright! That is good news indeed!

Napster, don't feel like a turd. Don't go too far, we miss you

Spent the day with a client and I have to log back in for a little bit but dinner first. Closing in on my 90 days and I don't know why I am watching it so closely...: I hadn't paid that much attention to the number of days since the 30 mark.

Everyone have a good evening!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
p***enger

Dear Napster,
I'm sure your path with take you to real sustained sobriety one day very soon, because I can read the need for recovery in your words. I'm sending you a big, fat, warm & healthy hug! Because it's an electronic hug, you can use it again & again!

Until coming to SR and AA, I didn't really believe alcoholism was a disease. Now I see that it is, and that it's mostly a mental disease. We have to treat ourselves as people suffering from a disease, to whom very bad consequences will come if we don't follow an apparently harsh regimen.

What's wonderful is that we can avoid a lot of the effects of the disease just by one action: not drinking. I hope everyone here does not take a drink today!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

end of the day, yeah! Work went fine, steady and not to crazy. Co worker came in late afternoon, we had a civil exchange regarding work stuff, it was tense and somewhat awkward, but that is expected. Since our boss and his family was there nothing was said or mentioned, and I am not real sure there would have been anyway. IMO nothing is gained by revisited the event, I can't waste my time and health on such a negative event anymore, and I hope she feels the same. My stomach is still not right not sure if its from stress, alcohol or both, maybe tomorrow will be a "fast" day, with lots of water see if that helps.

Hubby and I got a short walk in afterwork, he has a dr. appt tomorrow to check his cholesterol level, hoping our life style change has made a difference, not expecting miracles but a turn in the right direction would be great!

Courage how was your appt? If you dont mind me asking.

Napster- we will be here when you are ready. Just know we will miss you.

Wifi- where ever you are I do hope things are working out for you and are finding yourself in a better place. Hugs for you and good thoughts.

take care of yourselves everyone, cause there is a great Tuesday just around the corner!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Still trying to catch up all- so sorry to those of you I know I will miss in this post.

Gonzo - glad the test came back good.

Courage hoping you have good results too. And thanks for the warM welcome back

Thnaks to you ready and Tam also

tazzle - if you still need all good thoughts and vibrations your way. Heck even if you don't still need 'em

Catch you all later

Napster
Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't lose yourself to despair Napster - our addiction loves that.

You fell back into old ways - it happens - you got into a little trouble again - that happens too...

quit again. The sooner the better. No time to lose.

D