# 22 (permalink)  

Yey 1st March
Old 02-28-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I meant Gonzo. Lol. Dang autocorrect.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congrats to everyone who made it through February sober!

For a short month it sure has been a lot of days. I still have 29 minutes to get through, and then I'm putting the whole darned month in a bag, filling it up with bricks, and throwing it off a bridge. Find me a smiley with that image!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Morning all, just a quick check in. At work for a few hours here then going up to the hill this afternoon. Fairly quiet weekend planned, weather is supposed to be garbage so we'll see what comes up, probably get all the road sand out of the garage, other indoor fun stuff.

Anyone heard from cat or wifi or napster lately? Check in gang if you want.

Hope everyone has a good Friday.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

I was wondering about them too gonzo hope they are ok

Well here we are in march

I went to the doc today he was brilliant. I was totally honest with him. He has booked me in for full blood tests for liver kidney thyroid iron, vits, sugar, everything really. He said I.d done a good thing which was very positive. We talked about moods I said I felt low, despite eating well, exercise, fits etc. but I feel worse than I dida month ago. Anyway he,s prescribed me anti depressants and I feel better already, even just for talking to someone and maybe even a placebo effect with the meds! I,ll see how it goes.

I Couldnt get on Internet this morning laptop broken. Borrowed an iPad off someone but its a weird keyboard so apologies for typos

Hope everyone is ok.x
Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hello.

Congratulations to everyone who made it You're proving that it's possible.

My two days off were a little bit strange. At first I fell into a really depressed mood. I didn't eat, I didn't change my clothes all day, I barely could move. Luckily everyone in the family were tolerant (let's just leave him, he's probably tired, he needs to rest) and my sister was pretty damn supportive

I guess that I needed that and to shake it off today to finally feel better.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi everybody,

Just checking in this evening. Trudging the road. Need to remind myself of all that I have to be grateful for today: my bottom wasn't in a hospital, jail, or cemetery; a few people still seem to care about me; my sponsor thinks I'm right where I should be; I have a job and an apartment and enough money in my pocket to get by (plus a bit extra); though a better future isn't guaranteed, it's possible if I don't drink.

Big hugs to all my sober brothers and sisters who started in December!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi all.

I'm thinkin a lot about relapse lately, not "thinking about" as in "contemplating if I should" but just thinking about it at odd times. So I'm trying to remember reasons for being sober, reasons why drinking "just a little" isn't an option, thinking about why I'm thinking about it.

Pixie, congrats on 60 days! We must've quit around the same time since my 60s is around now.

Courage - hey I won't get any urges from the valium. I forgot about it last night altogether so there's still that quarter left. I've always had issues sleeping, and have always taken some sort of herbal concoction or another before bed so it's in the same vein in my books. I don't get any sort of 'buzz' or even notice the effect of the valium any more, especially since I'm taking under 1mg of it. I don't know why I even bothered to, it's a placebo thing I think. I could take a tic tac each night and it'd work as well to help me sleep I bet.

Gonzo - bring on the autumn!!! Hazaar for colder months and get rid of this heat! haha! Way to go on 1 month Be proud! I'm proud of you.

Tam - my sister lived in Phillipelphia for a year, she loved the Phillies. I am a Braves girl myself I do love baseball, it's starting to pick up in Australia (slowly... nothing'll replace Aussie Rules Football).

RAL - great news about your doctor's visit! I honestly think that my doctor's hold a prime place of honour in my recovery. I wouldn't be sober if they hadn't helped me feel like a decent person. I was always scared they would see me how I saw myself.

Gotta run, friend staying this weekend and he's up and about now.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Howdy all!

Alice, I'm from Philadelphia originally, but I've been in Florida since I was 13. We were thinking of getting tix to the spring training games... But I don't like sports and before I would have gone just for the free beer. Lol

Ready, glad your visit went well. And I love the use of the word brilliant. Lol

Courage, that's a good list.

Pixie, congrats on the 60 days!

Gonzo, congrats on the month!

2inconsolable, glad you got your space and support from your sister.

I was going to head out to a meeting but my son's grades took a dive again and we got an email about behavior so I'm playing warden. Had a good day nonetheless, it is my partner's birthday on Sunday so we took today off from work. I ate way too much but still a good day.
Everyone have a good sober day!

Lynn
Old 03-01-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I was told I no longer need 1to1 support as I appear to be coping really well according to my alcohol counseller... only had 2 sessions haha,he refered me to a group meeting on a friday so hasn't just abandoned me though.
I put my strength down to SR, I thank my lucky stars I found you all..
Stay strong everyone
Old 03-01-2013, 11:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Morning all

Good to see everyone sounds a bit brighter after gloomy feb. love the image of you throwing it off a bridge courage. Are you feeling better? Have you had any news from your doc?sending you positive thoughts

Kissy that.s positive news you sound upbeat

Thanks tam. Enjoy the birthday weekend. Hope your son is ok. Are things any better at home?

Alice it's bizarre how much better I feel just from talking to the doc. He was so understanding and made me feel good. I didn't realise how much I was holding in till I told him, unburdening myself almost. Each day I'm going to try and do something that makes me feel good. Yesterday I helped a friend get some financial stuff sorted out.he was in a state and desperate not good with paperwork or organising. He felt so much better after we d sorted stuff out. I felt better for helping. Maybe I'll look into some volunteer work when I ve finished work and moved.

2incons hope you feel better after your rest our body must have needed it

Today we are going for walk,it's a lovely day.

Happy sober Saturday all.x
Old 03-02-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Morning all! The birthday weekend continues with bagels and coffee at Panera. The poor kid next to us got a cinnamon bun the size of a car and her grandpa keeps telling we to eat more... She's a little green. Lol

Ready, have a good walk. And things are so so at the moment, the bad grades and grounding have set him off again.

Kizzy, that's good work! I love your avatar btw.

Off to a meeting and then to meet with my sponsor... Hope my homework was ok on step three. I've never been spiritual. I was raised with nothing so it is a really foreign concept to me.

Here's to another sober weekend!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi all,

Kizzy, that's great news that your counselor says you're doing so well. Hope the group meetings go well!

Tam, sympathies with the kid thing -- it sounds like you have a good attitude about it, though.

Ready, great news about your dr visit.

Alice, hope you have a great weekend with your friend.

2Inconsolable, hope you're ok. Glad you have some support around you.

Wifi, Napster, Maples, Cat, Bernie & others who may be lurking: We're thinking of you & wishing you well!

--
Old 03-02-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

morning all. Well I didnt start march off like I should have. Had a HUGE fight with co worker, . She had fired off a nasty email to me early in the day and she finally showed up at the office later in the afternoon, so I had all day to work up a good head of steam and anger. Well around we went,,anyway I came home and finished off 2 bottles, hubby had one glass, maybe 2. I cant believe I am not as hung over as I should be, sleep was screwed up, both by my emotions and alchohol. reading the other posts just makes me madder at myself for not finding a better outlet you all are doing so well with your urges and addictions. It wasnt an urge, I just started drinking. Im just really pissed that I allowed myself to drink and that I gave her the power to take me there. I thought I was in a better mind area where wine wasnt what I reached for, but I guess I was way wrong. I just had not been that angry in such a long time, I was physically shaking when I was talking to her and it took me close to an hour to get myself under enough control to speak to her anyway in a controlled manner. I finally told her her that I couldnt deal with her right then, so she said sorry and to have a nice weekend and walked out the door.
I should have done some meditiation, I should have went on a multi mile hike, so many things I should have done but didnt. I drank instead. will be beating myself up over this for awhile I am sure.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Ah sorry to hear that tazzle i know when I ve relapsed in the past it has been because of anger,hate, envy, fear all of which I now understand to be resentments. Since being on sr I've tried to learn to let resentments go, easier said than done maybe but can be done. One thing someone told me on here is to forgive people who wrong us, in order to let the anger go and not build up. Being angry with others only hurts us, not those who we are angry with. I know it all sounds a bit cliche, I was sceptical at first but it really does work. Please don't be angry with yourself either, let it go, start again. You.re back here which is great and a today is a new day to start again. Sending you warm wishes
Old 03-02-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
p***enger

Tazzle, so sorry to hear that you drank but it's great that you're being honest about it. I can easily imagine what happened -- the last couple of times I drank, when I was trying to quit, my crazy thinking just took over so much that I wasn't even really aware of the urge, I just did it.

I hope you'll restart and get more support this time around, whatever it takes.

One question -- did you have the wine already in your house, or did you have to go buy it? I know if there was a drop in my house I'd have drunk it by now. I still sometimes check the place my husband used to hide liquor from me, hoping there's something there. Fortunately, so far there never is.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Taz, that really could have been any of us. Don't bat yourself up too badly. What would you say if it was one of us? Start over, start clean. But remember this and learn from it. Hugs.

Lynn
Old 03-02-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey all. I've had a 'first' - the entire house is in a state of cleanliness that I am comfortable with and so I'm going to sit down and watch TV for the rest of the day (it's 2.30pm now). This normally never happens as I'm usually always buzzing around picking up something or other to do. It's an unusual feeling but a welcome one haha!

Taz, stay strong and don't beat yourself up too much. Learn the lesson and hold it close, but don't obsess over the negative feelings or the old shame cycle might start again.

RAL- I know what you mean about talking to the doctor helping. For me it makes a big impact to share the big shame and not see the person run from the hills. And it's nice to be able to talk to someone who actually does want to listen, and better - to help! Not just criticise and give out arbitrary advice like "just be happier... just don't drink... just smile more". Glad you've found a good connection with your doctor, that's really important.

Kizzy - congrats on your progress Good news.

Courage - the weekend with the friend was kind of annoying. Money is very tight at the moment, and when he was coming down he said "What are you doing for dinner" and then "I'll bring something with me". So I thought great, he's going to shout me dinner as a thanks for letting him crash on the couch. Nope, we went to get pizza and he only had $15 on him so I put in the rest. Then in the morning (he was going out to a festival, which is why he's borrowing couch space), I was talking to the cat (as I do) about breakfast and he pipes up "what's for breakfast?". I said "Oh I assumed you'd eat out". I ended up cooking his breakfast for him (eggs, sausages, omelet, and bacon) - I don't even cook breakfast for my boyfriend unless it's a special occassion... actually I don't even cook breakfast for myself 9 days out of 10! Then after he came home he said again "what do you want to do for dinner" we decided on going out and it seemed like here he would shout me dinner as thanks for the three nights of couch-space and breakfast. But no, at the counter to pay and he said "I don't have any cash" so I ended up shouting HIM dinner. *sigh*. So that's almost 100 on his visit this weekend. Lesson learnt. I'll have to fix up my budget somehow and go without somewhere else to make up for it, what a pain. Sorry for the rant, it was really annoying me. I have another friend who stays over often but she is a uni student and understands that money doesn't grow on trees so we have an unspoken arrangement where we generally take turns to buy groceries and we cook at home when she visits.

Tam - sorry about the trouble with you son. I hope things are on the road to getting better now. On an unrelated note - where did you get your username from? It's very different to Lynn
Old 03-03-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

I was wondering the same thing Lynn. I love wondering where people's names come from.

Alice that sounds very annoying with your friend. Maybe clear boundaries might help in future or just say you have no money. Sometimes we just have to say no. Some people wil take advantage it can be hard to stand up and say no but it's a good feeling once its been said.

Sunday morning here. Hopefully my husband is taking our son out today. I just need a couple of hours quiet time. Had a busy day yesterday, long walk, visiting rels, out to lunch, another walk, ice cream! Felt quite tired.

Have a great day everyone