Notices

Class Of November 2012 - Part 6

Old 01-02-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Hiya FMFT! Well done on the 2 months! My NYRs are the same as yours. I'm going to sign up for some fun night classes too. There's a relaxation aromatherapy course and a car mechanic (basic repairs) one I fancy. My slip taught me to listen to my body (I truly didn't enjoy moderation and counting and that fear/inner dread that I would go ballistic again), to not give a sh*t about what others think of my sobriety and to keep occupied.

Day 3 here and feeling great. I'm not getting the same withdrawals as the first time thankfully as I hadn't been drinking big or frequently.

S x
Old 01-02-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nomis View Post
Hey Sazzle, we've missed you big time here in this thread. Pretty darn happy to see you back!
Aww Nomis, I'm all teary! Thank you. I missed you lot too but I didn't feel I could post as I was drinking. Anyway, as I've said, my inner peace isn't worth disrupting for a few glasses if wine withy dinner to look 'sophisticated'!!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I just saw this and liked it. Thought I'd share it with you all. Good advice for the new year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (72.6 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-03-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Wow FMFT, it's like those quotes know exactly what is going on in my head. And I thought I was the only one who thought those things.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Nope Nomis, you definitely aren't the only one!
Old 01-03-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Bashforth

Hello everybody, and Happy 2014!!!

A whole calendar year sober behind us now!

Onwards and Upwards!

Love and be loved.

--Bash.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

A Bashforth appearance! Wicked, glad to hear you're still doing well.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Thanks FMFT that's just what I need! Especially the thinking one. I think way too much!

Good stuff bashforth! That's a fantastic achievement.

I'm doing fine. A little depressed, but fine. I keep reminding myself how lucky I am. Hopefully it will start to come naturally to me soon!

S x
Old 01-30-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone, The site popped into my mind today while I was driving to work and dealing with a bunch of stuff from my employees.

But, I have the tools now to try and deal with it in a healthy way!!! Ill be 15 months sober as of Sunday. I will be celebrating at a conference in Vegas. Looking forward to seeing what meetings are like in Sin City.

Hope everyone here is doing well and the number s have not dwindled too bad.

Keep up the work everyone|!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you JSD Philly

D
Old 01-31-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Congrats on 15 months JSD!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Congrats on 15 months JSD. Enjoy your sober time in Vegas!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

February 25th made 15 months for me. Just checkin' in. I've been to five AA meetings already this week. So I'm still doin' my thang. Things are going great for me. I really don't think I could be much happier. Hope you all are too!

-Matt
Old 02-26-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Things are going ok here, still sober and checking in here everyday.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Still sober here as well!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Hey November people. Waaaas uuuuuup. I still log in every day, but like nomis said, we're old news. Nomis, I saw you on the movies thread. Have you seen the Will Ferell movie? what do you think about good ones. I just can't get into any that are too deep or too dark. 'Everything must go' is about as sad a movie as I want to watch. I used to watch intervention. That was always interesting to watch while drinking. I haven't seen any episodes since I stopped drinking.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey guys

congrats on 25 months Squizz

D
Old 02-27-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Hey VR,

I saw you on the movie thread as well. Really enjoyed Everything Must Go. When I saw you liked it too, I thought "I was right, VR is a dude with good tastes"

As for other movies, nothing really jumps out. I agree that the subject matter always walks a fine line between overwrought melodrama or not being serious.

Here's a little anecdote I'd like to share with you guys. I work in a very small community with lots of abuse issues. Because I'm an outsider and new in my sobriety, I don't feel comfortable being open about my recovery. And I'm a teacher who works with kids. So the way I see it, it's nobody's business but my own.

Anyways, I was dealing with a mother who was having a bit of a meltdown. She has been sober for almost a year after dealing with some serious drug addiction issues. She, and others, told me that she is still sober, but going through a tough period. I really had to bite my tongue hard not to say anything, but I thought, boo hoo, cry me a bloody river.

I'm positive with my job I have at least twice the stress to deal with in my life that she has, and aside from my first couple months of sobriety, have never used my recovery as a crutch or an excuse. Instead I have ONLY seen it as a blessing and something I'm extremely grateful for, not something that is weighing me down. I dunno, perhaps I'm not being emphatic enough, but her attitude got me a little hot under the color.

Rant over, hope everyone else is doing well
Old 03-02-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Nomis I love your rant. Something similar happened to me at work. One officer has been extremely rude to us all and the managers. We were told to take it easy in him as he's sober (coming up 2 years). I didn't feel much empathy since, I'm struggling too and even with my little slip, I'm not taking my sobriety out on others.

I read most days but find it hard to post if it's not positive. I've been going through a stage of watching though provoking films. VR & Nomis, I saw everything must go a year ago. I should revisit it. Flight is also on my wish list too.

Glad we're all here. I feel I'm just bobbing along just fine. Not amazing, but I can take mundane as long as it's sober mundane.

Sazzle x
Old 03-23-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Hi Novie friends. Just wanted to check in and say hello. I'm almost at 5 months. I have good days and bad days but doing what it takes to keep moving forward and never go back. Anyway, I was thinking of all you and how important this thread and those posting here have been (and still are!) to my journey. So thank you and I hope each of you are doing well!