Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 11

Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks Grace, day 15 today.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I guess I need to focus on getting healthy, and be happy. I hate that I have to much weight gain, and time wasted in the past.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Me too Matthew. Massive congratulations on day 15, that is awesome. Knew you could do it. xxx I just concentrated on staying sober for the first few months, then when i felt more stable I started on the healthy eating. One thing at a time for me!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi Undies.

Caledonia, I have very few drink dreams, but milestones mess with me. The second time I had a year, I fell just after. Maybe I was disappointed that I didn't get more out of being sober. I can be kind of a brat, in spite of my grown-up age. "Worry is interest paid on trouble before it comes due," William Ralph Inge. Thanks for reminding me about baby steps; I can do those. And so sweet for you to reach out to your friend who lost her way. That's part of how this works.

Grace, sorry you had to leave Riding Hood early, but I guess your g.son can catch it later, maybe in abbreviated book form. It's not the same as losing a post, but I have that kind of frustration with the app the controls the dvd player. "Home" is right by "pause." These are the moments that just make we want to tantrum "That's not what I meant! #@$#!!!!!"

OLL thanks for the perspective on trust and relapse. I try not to pretend that there isn't a next drink. I want to stay on this sober path, though, if I can, because there's always more to do, more I can change if I'm willing.

TTBABP didn't know you were such a great dancer! Thank you.

WWG, I have many regrets. Every now and then, it's possible to appreciate that you have something to contribute, and part of it is where you've walked for whatever reason. Hang in there.

Hi Midnight, bloss, BF, tanja, benice, dickensen, and duane... and anyone I missed: Have a great day.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thanks Sober1ck, you write such intense posts. I am going to get my g.son the d.v.d of Red Riding Hood, then at least he can watch it in his own comfort zone, it really isn't worth stressing him out like that, his happiness is paramount, don't want to take that away from him. By the way, I have that with the d.v.d and the t.V too!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Woohoo Sober1ck way to go on 30 days! Great job!

Nicky I've been hangin in there really focusing on a day at a time.

Well Undies today's the big day. My Boxer whose 1 1/2 yr bday is today is getting her big TTA surgery. If your not grossed out feel free to YouTube TTA surgery. It's very intense and even though I work general practice and do surgery every day we don't do anything this complex. Very worried for my poor girl bc she will be in a huge amount of pain and 4 months recovery. She tore her ACL and surgery is the only option. She will spend the night at the surgical speciality clinic and I will pick her up at my lunch tomorrow and bring her back to work with me. Praying everything goes well and she has a smooth recovery!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Nice post sober1ck!
WWG...CONGRATS!!!! do not lose sight of your MAJOR accomplishment Sunday! Stay with the baby steps and give yourself credit where credit is due! If today is day 15, that means you made it through Superbowl Sunday! Now that's hard for a lot of us, but so much more for someone who's big trigger is any football Sunday!

So I have been at this in earnest since July. Had a few day ones in there and now on day 39 I think. I disregarded the weight gain in favor of one major struggle at a time. But I've had enough...adding exercise now...
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

BF, I'll have to have a look on U Tube, I find anything like that fascinating. I hope it goes really well and your lovely doggie makes a rapid recovery.

Benice, you and me too on the weight train, I've lost a few pounds, but it will be a slow process with me, like everything is!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

P.S Oh and it's blo*dy snowing now! Not a happy bunny.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Every single one of us here has regrets about the time and money we have wasted, but we have to draw a line under it and live for today. What is the point in wasting even more time dwelling on something that we can't do anything about.
Exactly what I, and I am sure many others, was thinking. Enough time wasted already, Let's get to living and not wasting anymore!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

BF - good luck to your pooch!

benice - Seems weight gain is an issue with all. I gained about 10 lbs over the last year since quitting smoking and now another 10 lbs since my last drinks on 11.30.2012. I must get back to some sort of exercise myself but the only thing I can bear is walking outside and its too cold and dark too early here right now (I know excuses, excuses). Good luck to you. Let us know how its going. Do you have a particular exercise regimen planned?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

TTBABP, too right!
My weight gain is the same, you'd think it would have dropped off without the booze, but in saying that I never had a sweet tooth until I gave up the wine, then I couldn't stop eating sweets and chocolates, obviously my body must have been missed the sugar in the alcohol, but I concentrated on getting my head straight first and now I'm going for healthy eating and exercising when I can. Walking is my thing too, I love it and it unravels my head, I like swimming too but just dont get the chance to go, and yes, it is too dark and cold.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies! My sleep is getting better, though I still have some troubles to fall asleep.

You know, I haven't been posted here for about ten days by far, and I feel like I'm cut off from my best friends. I even lost my inspiration and don't write poems any more((

It's really weird that it was my addiction that brought me to such great people and to the place where I can feel so much at home.

My best wishes to all)

Have a great day.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey Midnight, I have more good nights than bad nights now, I used to be dreadful, up every night, used to see every hour of the clock, so has improved. I think it will for you too, in time.
We missed you lots and I'm glad to see you back.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Morning Undies

Lots of great posts to read today, really reminds me to be grateful for sobriety and read all your wonderful insights. Usual Tuesday here, trying to do enough, but not too much. Slept better last night, but the eating thing has really taken hold since the holidays. It's hard to get back to healthy and for me less. I don't do anything in moderation, its all or nothing. Guess, I fit the mold for an addictive personality. I accept that, and I'll work with it. As many say, small (baby) steps. Keep my priorities straight!

Grace: I'll keep wishing warmer weather for you, hailstones, I know it causes damage, but what a wonder of nature.

M.B.: Glad you slept better and have more time to be here. We need group power, strength in numbers.

B.F. Hope the surgery goes well and doggie is home soon!

TTBABP: I keep promising more exercise and one day I'll do great, then several days go by. It will happen and through it all I won't fool myself into thinking a drink will help me lose weight, that was one of the lies my AV had me believing.

Benice: 39 days, that's great. I agree one struggle at a time.

Nicky, Tanja, WWG, sober1ck, everyone
Have a good day
Bloss
Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Hello Undies!
Just got back from the doctors office and I am pretty happy with my results. Everything in my bloodwork came back in the normal range. This includes even my good and bad cholesterol. This is pretty amazing since my cholesterol was always sky high. Everything liver related was normal too.
I let my doctor know why I hadn't been around for the last 8 years. 8 years ago I had high liver enzymes, cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure. Was 20 lbs over my current weight and didn't exercise. I can only imagine what my numbers would have looked like if I had gotten blood work a year ago.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

duane: Good news! Have a great day
Bloss
Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

OK I do not mean to harp on the weight/eating thing but a former co-worker who retired several years ago just dropped by unexpectedly with a GIANT pepperoni pizza in hand. So to heck with my yogurt and banana - I had two of the biggest slices ever. They were goooooood. Who am I kdding - I will also eat the yogurt and banana when I get hungry at about 4:00.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I feel good all day, and then during the evening when I would usually be drunk I get headaches. Is that odd?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

WWG - I don't think its odd but can't begin to guess why. If they are bad headaches maybe a check up is in order.