# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 11

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-10-a-20.html

D
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Undies! Beginning of day 26 for me. I can't tell you how many 30 day coins I have had over the years. Here's to staying sober one more day. Will check in later.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You'll do it Sober1ck, doesn't matter how many you've collected in the past. Concentrate on now. Stay focused and stick close.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Congratulatons Alice on 30 days

Welcome back to Pan! Great advice and support that you are offering.

Welcome Mydee!

Duane - I am going to my doctor's appointment today. I am sure he will order bloodwork. I too find the fasting pretty horrific because I am hyoglycemic. Even after the test and eating something I feel unwell. In terms of sociability, it's always been probematic for me as I tend to be quiet and shy. I think the drinking cost us all a lot in terms of so many different areas in our lives, that it will take time, patience and perseverence to rebuild our lives.

Nicky - I did manage to get two coins this week! The plan is to hit another meeting and pick up another coin tonight. I think TTBABP gave you excellent advice on tackling life changes. But, I too get feel frustrated when I feel like I should be much further along in many areas of my life. The chronic fatigue has really impacted my ability to function. Yesterday was a bad day with a terrible headache and sweating/chills. Today seems better. I have to remember "baby steps".

Boozefree - You have such an incredibly positive attitude that just shines through. I hope that your Aunt's funeral is not too sad. Always, remember that we are here for you! Here's hoping that your dog does not need surgery. I am glad to hear that your cold is improving.

((Grace)) - I am sorry to hear (and was quite surprised) that the court hearing didn't go as smoothly as you thought. But, once again your positivity about the situation was inspirational. It's evident how much you love your grandchildren. Thank goodness, today is your last day of the week. I hope you have something really nice planned.

Wishing everyone a great day!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Quick visit

Hi Tanja, I hope your blood works went well and the results are favourable, is the fatique related to to you being hyoglycemic? I agree with you that the drinking has cost us a lot, but lets perservere and get our lives on track.
Thank you for your kind words, they really do mean a lot. The hearing was just a shambles and we were surprised to say the least when O's mummy turned up. We allowed his mum to have a supervised visit this morning as she went back this afternoon. My son took him and they went to McDonalds I think and round town. To be honest I feel sorry for her and I do want her to have some access to him, but over here.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Grace,

No the fatigue and horrible headaches are not related to my hypogylcemia because I eat plenty I have never felt so bad as in the past year. Between the menopause and the insomnia I often feel like I am losing my mind. Hopefully, the doctor provides some relief.
Thank you so much for your concern.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh dear Tanja, lets see what the blood tests show then, good thing you're getting them done then if there is anything that needs treating it can start getting treated!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am freaking out it is so windy here, could be damaging winds. I have anxiety, and worried about my house and family. I am a baby, I know. But, want to drink and pass out to sleep through it.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes to Tanja and duane

prayers to you Matt - I've just been through storms floods and tornadoes here myself - it's scary but have faith, my friend

D
Old 01-30-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

wwg Real scary winds here last night too. Hang on in there, it shall pass and so will your desire for a drink. Take care

Tanja and Duane Thinking of you both.

TTBABP and Tanja Thank you for your kind reminder, baby steps from now on.

Grace You are one strong lady. Still so positive it's amazing x

Well on Sunday night I told my husband that my week ahead was one of those where you just want to curl up in bed and lock the world out. Well it sure has been that kinda week so far.

Thankfully this still wasn't bad enough to go backwards.

So grateful to be sober and have supportive SR friends like you all.

Wishing you all a happy, sober day/night.

x
Old 01-30-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Sober1ck like Grace says, doesn't matter how many coins you have so far the fact is you're here in a good place now. You're sounding so positve just now, have faith in yourself you can do it.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tanja hope the drs can figure out whats going on and help you out!

WWG hang tight. Hopefully the wind will settle down soon.

Just got home from the funeral, the service was really nice. A lil old lady that was a friend of my aunts was hitting on the priest telling him how handsome he was haha. He seemed to get a good laugh out of it too. I am so grateful for SR and to get thru all this recent stuff sober. I feel like I really have made some good changes in my life finally after struggling the past 3 yrs with a week here n there or a month sober.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're ok BF

D
Old 01-30-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Evening Everyone:

Just getting to read posts today, the day flew by. All is well here. I even managed to do some yoga today.

Nicky: Hope the week gets a little less tense, take care and just take it as it comes. Big hug coming your way from me.

Grace: I'm really hoping all goes well with O. As long as he can stay with your family, maybe the mom can visit more?

BF: Glad you are feeling positive

Tanja, WWG, Duane, Pan, TTBABP, Sober1ck, Alice, MyDee, and everyone
Have a nice evening/night
Sleep well,
Bloss
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So happy to be sober, but not easy.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dear Undies
Just a brief note tonight - long, long (but overall) good day.

I am thinking of you all as my head hits the pillow.

TC Pan
Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
You'll do it Sober1ck, doesn't matter how many you've collected in the past. Concentrate on now. Stay focused and stick close.
Very good advice Grace for so many aspects of life.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

We'll see what nightmares I have to report tomorrow...watching Silence of the Lambs. Never seen it, just about 20 minutes in... creepy! But 26 days sober!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
mydee

Hi all,

Thank you for the inspiring posts

It's always nice to know that we are all in this together. Yesterday was a **** day but I can say I wouldn't have been able to do it if I was not sober. It's been a long time that I have felt grateful for my sobriety but I am today.

I just kept hanging on, stayed close to the fellowship, and finally learned how to accept my situation as it is. It's day 269 or something for me and looking forward to more.

I hope I get to catch up with you all more often!

Lots of good vibes,
Mydee