Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 11

Old 02-07-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
F.P how lovely to see you again, you've been missed. Nicky is going to LOVE that pic, it's fab!

Many congrats to you on achieving 9 sober months. Awesome.

Thank you, Grace! I see the Banana Boys who serenaded me on my 8 months milestone have two new members. Who dey? :-)
Old 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

FP, the sassy, sexy one on the left is me, can't you tell? The other one is Dee! xx
Old 02-07-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

F.P. Loch Ness Elephant, that is sweet!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

F.P. Congratulations on your 9 months - I'm dancin' right now for ya
Old 02-07-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

FrenchPink - Congratulations!!!

Love reading everyone's posts, reason, wisdom, and wit tonight!

Hope all of you in Nemo's way stay warm and safe!

Grace - work is stressing me out lately, but what else is new?

Take care all! xo Pan
Old 02-08-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Good morning Friday F'Undies

I managed to get a good nights sleep last night, so I'm all refreshed this morning and ready to take on the world.
I phoned the Doctor's this morning on behalf of my daughter to make an appointment for my oldest g.son, while she took his sister to pre school. He has been crying in the night with a pain in his left side, below his ribs. The receptionist tried to fob me off and offered me a call back from the nurse. I insisted on an emergency appointment, he's 5 for goodness sakes, and got one for later on this morning! If I was drinking I'd be making excuses not to phone in case they could tell I was slurring my words and I certainly wouldn't dispute anything the receptionist told me! Progress!

Morning Bloss, morning TTBABP, here's wishing you both a good day.

Hi Panacea, try and get a bit of Pan time, even if it's only half an hour. Work to live not live to work! Stay focused and be kind to yourself.

Stay safe and sober

Just for today, The only person I will rescue is myself. I will not try to save the world, just for today
Old 02-08-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Good for you Grace. You have to be firm with healthcre providers sometimes. I understand they have a hard job dealing with sick, distressed people all the time but they become very jaded. Hope your g.son is OK. Poor baby.

Still sharing a compute after my office flood this Monday. Hope to have mine back soon but have to get off this one shortly. So check with you all later.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I woke up sad this morning. I made myself shower. That was a good idea. That made me fresh and gloomy. Now that I'm at work, I can get busy.

bloss, thanks for talking about the urge. I'm reminded of the acronym SLIP: sobriety lost its priority. I feel that today. I'm going to need an after work plan. My options are men's meeting, gym, movie, and drink. Best choice for where I'm at is all the above except drinking alcohol.

Originally Posted by OneLessLonely View Post
Not killing someone drunk driving
No hangovers of debilitating anxiety, guilt, regret, headaches, nausea
No planning around drinking, more free to do whatever else you may want to
New hobbies
Save money
Save your life
Better truer relationships
Healthier body
Healthier mind

I actually needed those reminders myself today so thanks for asking. It's not always easy but it's always worth it.
I need the reminders too.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Friday Morning:

Grace: good for you, sometimes it is so hard to get Dr. Appointment. Hope gr. son feels better soon. Staying sober makes it easier to react to all sorts of situations.

Sober1ck: I hadn't heard slip, good term. Yep, when that little thought hits, I have to squash it immediately. I don't want to give an urge fuel.

Post more later
Everyone have a safe, warm day
Bloss
Old 02-08-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Sober right now, but riding out this storm without booze eill be tough. So scared of damage to my home.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
F.P. Loch Ness Elephant, that is sweet!
You took the words right out my mouth bloss.

so much FP. Congratulations on your 9months. It's truly amazing how far we all have come.

It was so uplifting to log on tonight. I'm sorry I'm not giving much back to everyone in SR at the moment, more taking at the moment I'm afraid. I am truly routing for you all. Just plodding on at the moment and extremely busy.

So looking forward to a proper catch up next week when the kids are off school and no routine for a full week. Yeeha!!!!

Love to you all and hoping any struggles you may have are little ones.

Soberiety is the greatest gift.

x
Old 02-08-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hi again Undies

The end of another day and the beginning of another week end, time flies by.

Thanks TTBABP, he's fine, a bit of a water infection, some antibiotics and he's already feeling better. Children are so resilient. I don't usually make a fuss like that but I just think when it's a child you just don't risk taking chances and he hardly ever goes to the Doctors, anyway all is well.

Sober1ck, thanks for sharing that acronym SLIP, I had never heard of that one before. Oh, and I need those reminders too! Plan ahead for the week end too, keep yourself occupied. Keep posting and stick with it.

Thank you Bloss, he's on the mend, honestly I don't usually say boo to a goose, I'm quite pleased with myself. I hope you've had a good day.

Stay strong WWG, the storm will pass, you came out of that hurricane Sandy unscathed and you will do the same this time.

Night night all, sleep well
Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hallo Undies and Happy Friday...I must say that I am glad it is the weekend and hoping to maximize the time away from the office.

Not much to report - I hope all is well and those in the snow storm in the US are safe and warm

take care Pan
Old 02-08-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Nicky, we were posting at the same time, I know how busy you must be, I find it a struggle too trying to juggle home life, work life and S.R, we can only do what we can do. Just post when you can, we understand how it is. xx

You too Pan, just post what you can, when you can.

Oh yes and to all of you affected by the snow blizzards, be careful out there, stay safe. xxx
Old 02-08-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
rmr

Hi all,

only 5 days and strggling. really struggling
Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's why we're here rmr - what's going on?

D
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hi Undies. Super tired but wanted to check in. I promise to catch up on all the posts tomorrow! 4months sober today woohoo!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi rmr
Warm welcome to the *Undies* as we've nicknamed it. You've taken the first amzing step by stopping and coming to SR. You'll get lots of support here. Feel free to post the good and the bad, we're all routing for you.

Booxefree You are such an inspiration. You've overcome some difficult times during your 4 months. Be proud.x

Grace Thank you so much for understanding. If it wasn't for all the support from SR I'm not sure I would have made it, just feel a bit guilty for lack of posting this week. x
Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you're doing ok Nicky

congrats BF!

D
Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Saturday 14.15

Good afternoon Undies and I hope all is well in your world.

I've not done anything interesting this morning, slept quite well last night, went grocery shopping, put it away ( my pet hate), put a wash on, had lunch and that's about it. Boring is good though, I can cope with it.

RMR. welcome to 'The Undies' I'm glad you've joined us, you'll get lots of support and we are a very caring bunch here. The first week is hard but you can get past it, we've all been there so we know what you're going through. Be kind to yourself, plenty of rest, eat as well as you can, lots of water to re-hydrate and read and post here as much as you can. What are you struggling with? Are you having bad withdrawals? Are you getting any help or are you doing this on your own? You're amongst friends here, you don't have to be alone.

B.F 4 months is a massive achievement, be proud of yourself, we're proud of you. Just fantastic.

Nicky, just come and post when you can, you know where we are, as long as you're well and sober everything will work out. xx

See you laters alligators

Stay safe and sober.

Just for today, I will feel peace;