Administrator

Class of December 2012 - Part 5

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-20.html

D
Old 01-22-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hey all, I am checking in. I be sick! Again! I spent the day yesterday with babies and I got their crud I guess.

I talked to my sponsor about my friend moving in and she said I just need to sleep on it and then lovingly tell her but not to tell her she is my trigger. So, I texted and said, I love you, you can't stay if you aren't sober because I am not strong enough for that. And that's it for now, haven't heard back. The other day when I had texted, I said that I can't be around alcohol but her response led me to believe that she would still move but just wouldn't bring booze here. Oh well, we shall see.

I am going to miss my home meeting tonight but there is someone with a compromised immune system who goes and I wouldn't want to get him sick.

Everyone have a good night, I'm going to hopefully sleep this off soon, the partner and I are watching Robin Hood Men in Tights (that has nothing to do with anything other than I love that movie! Lol)
Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Morning

Hope you feel better soon Tam.You've done the right thing with your friend, and all you can do. Try not to worry-it will not change the situation.

Busy day today,shopping, gym,bills to pay,baking, clean the house thoroughly will check in later

have a good day everyone
Old 01-23-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go Tam. I know it's hard but self preservation is the only way!! It's about time we all put ourselves at the top of the list. No guilt, no shame. If you had asthma and she was a smoker you would have told her that smoking was not allowed. Proud of you for taking a stand!!!

good Morning to all. It's a chilly 4 def F. You know it's cold when the dogs look at you and say seriously!!! You want me to go outside???? Pray for me today. I have to take our son to the dentist and he has never gone to the dentist with out puking on the poor guy. He has a very sensitive gag reflex. I guess that's why he makes the big bucks! lol..

Ready. Hope the house is clean as a whistle and your relaxing with a wonderful cup of tea!!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
p***enger

Morning everybody!

Sorry to hear that you're sick, Tam. Hope it's not the flu!

I have a long day of meetings today and then I'm going to hear a woman I met speak at a meeting tonight. I'm trying to improve my attitude towards work, because I'm totally stalled there.

For those in cold places today -- I hope you take a break today & find a warm spot to enjoy a hot (nonalcoholic) drink!
--
Old 01-23-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Morning all!

Ready, good job on the gym. And the paying bills. Yuck.

Life, um.... Good luck. That's got to be stressful for your son! The dentist should just know to wear a rubber lined smock at this point, like a hairdresser. Lol

Courage, I am not sure what this is... Feels like a nasty head cold. Don't know what I tell you about work... Is it time to change positions?

I am still sick, worse today, I lost my voice. Now my poor son can't hear me nagging him.... Off to drop him at school and then to my glorious bed where I will stay until I have to pick him up.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
I'm trying to improve my attitude towards work, because I'm totally stalled there.
Good luck courage. If you find a way that works - clue me in. I hate my job right now.

Tam - so sorry you are sick. There's a slew of stuff going aroung in addition to the flu. Take care.

life - I fell so bad for your son (and his dentist). This too shall pass.

Ready - what are you going to be baking?

I have a very aggravating work day ahead so that's why I decided to check in here first to see how everybody is doing to keep centered and focused. This is going to be the kind of day I used to finish off with a lot of wine. But as that is no longer an option I am just trying to remain as calm as possible for as long as possible. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah!!! My son made it!! All are happy.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi all, quickly checking in...

Life - Glad things went good at the dentist (bad visual on your first post)

Tam - Hope you feel better soon...

Courage - Ditto what TTBABP said... Work is just sucking right now... This too shall pass right???

TTBABP - Stay tough today!!!

Big shout out to everyone!!! I hope you all have a safe and sober day!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Morning all, just a quick check in. Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. Arctic front rolled in hard here yesterday, enjoying a lovely -8° C. All good though, not much going on so just cranked up the fireplace and going to get some stuff done around the house to keep busy.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Class!

Tam - sorry you're under the weather and hope for a quick recovery. You made the right move with the roomie situation. I have an old friend that wants to move and she was hoping I needed a roommate. I.think.NOT! Her boyfriend is in jail for drugs, she's prob on drugs and wants to move in with me?

Ready - sounds like you have an action packed day - make it a good one!

life - sorry you're dealing with the cold, stay warm! I'm happy your boy made it without incident.

gonzo - hang in there with the cold as well.

courage and TT - I hope work gets better for you two.

My day is off to a banging start with blood pressure going through the roof and almost in tears with my internet being interrupted. Last time this happened I gave up and off to the carry out I went. I was just accepted for the new job and with unreliable internet service, it's not looking good. I need to calm down, take a deep breath and try to focus.

Everyone stay warm, stay sober and stay healthy. (seems like a lot to ask for right now)
Old 01-23-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ever hit that wall in the afternoon? I wish i could just go close my eyes for a little but no chance of that. I think this is when I would have a drink or two for a little pick me up because this feeling is somewhat new. Water and caffein will have to do.
No urge to drink just an observation.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Cat - I hear you about internet service. We have become so dependent upon it and use it for so much that when it crashes or freezes its a big problem to get anything accomplished. I hope it kicks in and does not interfere with the new job. I have my fingers crossed for you. Hang in there you can get through this.

Life - glad your son got through the dentist visit!! I hit that wall somewhere between 2-4 every afternoon. I have been resorting to peanut M&Ms today. Really haver to stop though - none of my pants fit.

Thanks WiFi - as it turns out today was not a bad day just a wasted unproductive day which means the really awful day will now be tomorrow. Everything that was supposed to occur today did not and has gotten pushed to tomorrow in addition to all the things already scheduled for tomorrow. Double duty and not really sure it can all actually be done just have to give it the old college try.

Be well class
Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey class,

busy but productive day-didn't manage the baking TT

sorry to hear that so many of us are struggling with work. I'm not happy at work either though only work pt and only on a short term contract which finishes soon.

cat-hope your internet is working again soon

glad your son got through ok life

gonzo-it sounds cosy,wish it was cold and snowy here

I realized this afternoon that I've got past the time I relapsed twice last year when I got to 42 & 45 days and drank.

Don't know if it's psychological or connected or wholly separate but over the past couple of days I've felt a shift. As though being sober is normal, not drinking is just a normal habit. Feel quite peaceful. Beware the AV lurking ready to strike though
Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
I realized this afternoon that I've got past the time I relapsed twice last year when I got to 42 & 45 days and drank.

Don't know if it's psychological or connected or wholly separate but over the past couple of days I've felt a shift. As though being sober is normal, not drinking is just a normal habit. Feel quite peaceful. Beware the AV lurking ready to strike though
YAY!! No matter what may be troubling me today - this makes my day a little brighter. Not only becasue I am so pleased for you Ready but because I truly feel such a sense of community with all of you that when you reach a goal or achieve a milestone or just feel good - it makes me know that we are all in this together and can all reach those goals and milestones.

(Oh my that was sappy & hokey - but truly heartfelt)
Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTBABP View Post
YAY!! No matter what may be troubling me today - this makes my day a little brighter. Not only becasue I am so pleased for you Ready but because I truly feel such a sense of community with all of you that when you reach a goal or achieve a milestone or just feel good - it makes me know that we are all in this together and can all reach those goals and milestones.

(Oh my that was sappy & hokey - but truly heartfelt)
Thank you TTBABP,that's so lovely of you. I couldn't have done it without you all. The support here, daily check in and accountability are such a great support. How are things with you?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifeanew View Post
Ever hit that wall in the afternoon? I wish i could just go close my eyes for a little but no chance of that. I think this is when I would have a drink or two for a little pick me up because this feeling is somewhat new. Water and caffein will have to do.
No urge to drink just an observation.
Just think how worse you would feel if you had a hangover too Many many afternoons when I just could have collapsed from tiredness from the night before. Does anyone wonder how on earth we used to just get through the days
Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Does anyone wonder how on earth we used to just get through the days
I would always wake saying never again!!! but by 2 or 3 a drink sounded good. I feel like we are all making progress on breaking that cycle of dependance.
Feels good to go to bed tired rather than not remembering going to bed.

Off to a board meeting. Not looking forward to going out in below zero weather
Old 01-23-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifeanew View Post
I would always wake saying never again!!! but by 2 or 3 a drink sounded good. I feel like we are all making progress on breaking that cycle of dependance.
Feels good to go to bed tired rather than not remembering going to bed.

Off to a board meeting. Not looking forward to going out in below zero weather
Very well said. Every morning it was never again. By evening I thought just one glass would make me feel better,in any event it couldn't make me feel any worse.

Then it becomes a bottle plus,rinse and repeat every night.....
Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello all

Ready - mmm baking! Are you watching Great British Bake Off for Comic Relief? It has inspired me to start baking. I am thinking of attempting some lemon drizzle cupcakes........

Tam - sorry you are unwell and well done for putting yourself first with your friend - that takes a lot of courage.

Cat - stay calm, easier said than done I know.

TTBABP - hope tomorrow isn't as bad as you suspect. It will be another day sober and clear headed though!

Lifeanew - I know that wall, that is my wall - is that you hitting it the other side? I wonder if it has anything to do with being dehydrated? I don't think I am drinking enough during the day and that may have something to do with why I drank so much wine, so quickly in the evening - as I am drinking so much lime and soda in the evening now instead. Just a thought.

Dee - hope you are better soon

First day back at work today after the dreaded flu, still lost my voice though, but figured if I lost my job now I could always charge by the minute on the phone with this voice!!!!! I lost another 5lbs with the flu so have now lost 8lbs in total, silver linings etc.

Have a great day tomorrow and I hope those down with the flu get better soon. x