Class of December 2012 - Part 5

Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes and good thoughts Courage

D
Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Courage-also sending best wishes and positive thoughts your way. At least you are able to deal with this sober and focused.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Thanks for the positive energy and thoughts Tazzle.

gonzo-you're right, visiting the doc is the right thing to do. Hopefully I'll feel a weight off my mind too,as you did,

courage-stay strong. My thoughts are with you

Off to work for me today.Only 2 weeks left after today. Still not completed on the move but its going through.Fingers crossed it is all ok and we hear good news soon. Feel very much in limbo with it all,so many changes and challenges but at least I can deal with them sober.

Day 80 for me today though I had to check as losing count

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:03 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
sorry you feel down 2inconsolable.
Are you staying sober?

D
Yes. Maybe I'm feeling down, but at least I don't feel like I'm on the edge all the time.

OK, I'm going to work and then I have a meeting. It's gonna be a looong dayyyy.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:26 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hey folks.

My thoughts are with you Courage, I hope the biopsy comes back quickly and clean.

I'm not in a good position to say much tonight, feeling weirdly paranoid and guilty. I feel deeply ashamed, though I have no idea why. I left work in a great mood, and now just feel that shame. It's like being alone in the dark with a candle and knowing that there's something scary just outside the light, but when you look there's nothing there.

Going to have an early night, not get myself worked up.

Love and hugs to all.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope there are better times ahead for both you guys.

D
Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning everybody, and thanks for your kind thoughts.

What strikes me most about this medical thing, is that I had almost exactly the same issue about 1.5 years ago, and it's all a blur -- drunk, fearful, drunk. Now I'm just going to meet this problem one step at a time. And it's probably nothing -- my complaint (which is a petty one, I know) is the intrusive testing.

2Inconsolable, I'm glad to hear you're staying sober!

AliceTW, hope you wake up in a better mood. Sleep can sometimes do wonders.

Ready, hope you'll tell us more about the move -- are you changing residences? What's the new place like?

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Morning all. Hope everything checks out okay for you courage. Busy one today, have the first and larger tender closing this afternoon so the butterflies are kicking in, is going to be over 3 mil and know I have a good bid put together, will see how it goes. First one in a long time that I've done up completely without a few drinking episodes going down while I was doing it up.

Got a chance to slip up last night and see the niece and nephews, my brother is taking the oldest to Disneyland tomorrow for 2 days, so to say he was a little excited last night is an understatement. They're so awesome, I can say that as an uncle because I get to go play for a few hours and then go home, no diapers, tantrums etc, its great. Nephews are 5 and 2, niece is 8 months, they are also a reason I am going for sobriety, realized how much time Ive missed spending with them due to instead drinking or being too hungover to go up, would be one thing if they lived somewhere else but its a 15 minute drive.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I've been out drinking and feel guilty and a failure

I'm upset that I nearly got to 2 months and went out drinking (alone) on Sunday. A new thing for me too is that i decided to ask for some heroin while i was drunk. I've never had it before and i handed the money over to another heroin addict, he went to the guys house to get some but luckily he wasn't in. If he had of been in i would of had it for sure. Not quite sure what's happening to me here or why i'm loosing the fight. Me? heroin? never. Why am i now asking for heroin? my mum has got cirrhosis and i'm finding it difficult to deal with, very painful. This is all i can think is why i wanted pain relief. I'm sober now and my flat is very untidy and unclean, i feel terrible. I was doing so well, even started to exercise. Don't want to carry on with AA as i feel like a failure and have to start again. I'm not making many female friends, just males, but one of them wanted to come round to my house and i've got a bit freaked out thinking why does he want to watch films with me at mine, is he after something or is he just trying to be supportive. Can i no longer post in December now i've drank, i'm february now i suppose?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

sorry to hear that Newlife. You're always welcome here,don't worry Please don't leave AA-they've seen it all before and will understand. I would stick with the women though. I know from going to AA and what Ive read on here is that mixing with the other sex is strongly advised against.All are vulnerable, many are mixed up and you could be putting yourself in a compromising, if now downright dangerous position at least mentally and emotionally,possibly even physically if you let the guy round. You don't sound keen in any event,sounds as if he is pressuring you.

welcome back 2inconsolable

gonzo-hope your tender goes well. nephews and nices are fab! Mine are grown up now but I still think of them as little people

courage -there is nothing petty about not liking the testing -it' s very personal,totally understand. My thoughts are with you. we're off to Scotland-think it will be a better quality of life particularly for our son.

Alice- I hope your mood improves. I second sleep
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

thanks ready. The welcome means a lot Yeh think i'll stick with the women, talk to men on the phone, but only let women round to mine. I could be putting myself in a awkward situation couldn't i. He's been very helpful and supportive though. I just wish I could stay away from alcohol for life. Thought i had it, got the whole thing, but i obviously didn't. Suppose it will take time
Old 02-26-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hey, don't get down over it. I tried not to think of never in the early days -it was just too daunting. Just getting through the early days was all I concentrated on
Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Yeh, going to try to ring someone next time i loose control. Yeh one day at a time works better
Old 02-26-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
p***enger

Newlife, don't beat yourself up, but please get some help. I'm sure that in AA people will be much more glad to see you back than disappointed about your slip, and besides that, you're going to save your own life, not make them proud of you.

I also agree with Ready that you should stay away from the men in AA. Even after 60-odd (and I do mean odd) meetings, I basically only say "hi" to men unless my sponsor is with me. Even though I feel and appreciate the support of some of them, I need to remember that my thinking is still screwy and my boundaries not secure.

Take care, don't drink, and be grateful you didn't pick up that heroin. And you're still part of our class, as long as you want to be!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
p***enger

Gonzo, wishing you a great outcome on the business deal and, whatever happens with that, tons of joy in being a great, sober uncle!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

thanks courage. i keep thinking about other people, and i need to stop it. its for me to save my own life like you said, with my counselling and meeting that's on tomorrow i hope my mind will be in a better place. i need a sponser, but she didn't reply to my third message, she's replied to the others but not this last one, and that was over a week ago so i feel a bit of rejection, telling myself that she has a life too and it's not all about me. need a sponser soon as but feel cheeky asking.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey Newlife

Each of us can really only live one day at a time - personally I think that a good way to live our recovery too - I found it a little less daunting than never in the early days

I do recommend you check out the February thread - it's good to be with people at the same point of the journey I think - but ultimately it's best to be where you feel comfortable - it can be December February or both

good to have you back

D
Old 02-26-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread - we continue here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

D