Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 5

Old 01-23-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Bernie-I have a great recipe for crunchy top lemon cake if you would like it
Old 01-23-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bernie2823 View Post
TTBABP - hope tomorrow isn't as bad as you suspect. It will be another day sober and clear headed though!
Thanks. True about sober & clear Headed. Glad you are recovered from the flu and back to work. Go slow at first - don't run yourself down.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
p***enger

Oy! Won't bore you w/my work problems, but on a day like today I would have taken refuge in a bottle several times, and would probably be peacefully near empty by now. Instead I ate too much sugar, drank too much coffee & not enough water, and dealt w/pretty pesky cravings.

Fortunately made it back home where my husband has chili on the stove that smells delicious. And cold as it is, no way am I going out again in search of a bottle.

Walking home past a lot of bars & liquor stores, I just kept thinking, when I get home, I can post to the class. You all are a lifeline! So grateful for everyone here.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good for you courage. Hope you enjoyed the chili sounds delicious
Old 01-23-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Evening all, its been a long few days mentally and physically. Glad to just kick back with my feet up and watching tv, oh I know there is stuff I should be doing but it will still be there tomorrow and I will be more awake to get er done.

good job Tam on your decision, i know it will work out as it should.

Sounds like the work demon is making its rounds, had an audit today, oh gosh really? He wanted a graph printed out and of coarse its the one program that has my number and NEVER prints out like its supposed to, so 20 tries later, and a few bald patches from tearing my hair out I got a passable copy, grrrrrrr

Family issues are still not resolved, deep ones that I havent shared with all of you, made worse by information that was given to me at the funeral. Havent shared the latest with hubby (involves his family), I am stepping back and letting a few days go bye, hubby gets home and rested so that we can look at things in a calmer and hopefully smarter way.
the great side is Im to exhausted to think about how nice a glass of wine would be, as i am sure i wouldnt get halfway through it. that is a fight i am also putting off until tomorrow, but am planning on NOT getting er done.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of your loss Tazzle, thinking of you.

Back on the wagon personally, day 5 today, not going to count days this time, didn't work out last time, will have to think of something else.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning all

Tazzle-sorry to hear things are difficult,I hope they improve

Napster-welcome back and congrats on day 5-hardest part over with.

Hope everyone has a better day at work

Off to the gym now.see you later.x
Old 01-24-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
p***enger

So glad you came back to the class, Napster! We're here for you in good times & bad. :ghug3

Tazzle, I know times have been hard for you lately, but it truly inspires me that you're staying sober and you're able to really be there in these rough times. Think how much better the good times will feel, when they come!

Best wishes to all --

--
Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Mornin' Class. I'm at work - yuck! Not much else to say at the moment.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NapsteR1 View Post
Sorry to hear of your loss Tazzle, thinking of you.

Back on the wagon personally, day 5 today, not going to count days this time, didn't work out last time, will have to think of something else.
thank you Napster and everyone else for their thoughts and prayers.

counting days wasnt my strong suite either, to me it is always like I was looking backwards instead of concentrating more on the present and future
Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tazzle View Post
counting days wasnt my strong suite either, to me it is always like I was looking backwards instead of concentrating more on the present and future
that's a very good point, your counting back so the longer you go the bigger the number then you say Drink. and each time you count you have to think "since I last had a drink" so every day you have to think about drink. I could never stop thinking about it.

I'm going to mark up important dates to 1 year date - 26th Jan 2014, like we had an offer accepted on a house yesterday and our moving date should be the 2nd May so that's one, then 10th wedding aniversary this year will be 27th Dec etc and then count down towards them from today - so today is 1Y minus 351 or Moving Day minus 97.

So looking forward to things which have nothing to do with drink but because the number of days to them keeps getting smaller I therefore must have gone a long time without drinking because that number gets smaller?

That will be more forward looking and if nothing else the math should keep me entertained!

blimmin booze...

I did have the pleasure of offering to be the designated driver for a group of 4 of us that stayed over out of town for a works training event. Watching them get pissed and talk bollocks and swear loudly in a small curry house full of elderly cross people was actually a help!

What wasn't fun was trying to get a rear wheel drive car out of a snowy car uphill car park later!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hey all, checking in. Back at work but I'm kind of on auto pilot. I am not contagious but I'm certainly in no position to run complicated queries or make team changes today.

Tazzle, hope everything works out with the family situation.

Courage and TT, hope you have better work days.

Napster, glad you are still with us!

Howdy to everyone else that I missed!

I have an app that counts my days for me and I hadn't really looked once I hit 30 and today, it is 40. I completed a whole Lent! Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-3307984683.jpg (81.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 01-24-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Congrats on 40 days Tam
Old 01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi all, still buried but I wanted to quickly check in... So many great posts over the last day or so...

Congrats to those celebrating another day and my heart and prayers go out to those of you struggling or dealing with family issues...

I love this class!! You guys have been so instrumental to my sobriety... I wish I could address everyone but the stack on my desk just keeps getting bigger and bigger...

Big "SHOUT OUT" to everyone!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome back Napster, nice to see you and well done on the not counting!

I had a massive crave today (it's always, always when I work) I even posted it on the dreaded facebook the words "I have a very deep desire for a glass of wine". I was amazed how quickly the replies came back saying things like "don't do it, you are doing so well", keep it up etc. Lots of encouraging comments about not drinking. It appears others may have noticed my "faulty off switch" too.

I do have to say that, once the crave had passed, how much I was looking forward to a night on the sofa with my son and tv. Before I would have been "busy" in the kitchen, but now I can just relax and enjoy some "down" time at the end of the day. It is really rather lovely.

Ready - yes, yes and yes again to the lemon cake recipe. I am very much in the baking mood now.

Keep going everyone, you are all wonderful

xx
Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Good job Bernie!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi everybody --

Hooray for you, Tam on 40 days -- I'm still right behind you at 39! I don't put a lot of value on counting days -- the only reason I do it is because I'm going to meetings and it gives me something to say (they always ask people under 90 days to introduce themselves & give their day count).

Bernie -- glad you got through that craving. Sounds like you're going to have a nice evening.

Tazzle, I hope you're doing ok. Let us know -- we care!

Hope everyone has good and sober plans for the weekend. If you're still in the midst of this cold snap, stay warm!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

hello all!
Wifi I can identify with the work issues, I had thought that today would be a kicked back, almost boring day with yesterdays audit being done and over with and turned out quite well actually. But I was wrong, more financial issues, which meant more search, find and fix,, sigh. Oh my AV was screaming the closer to 5 it got, hubby gone, wouldnt have to hide the bottle, but thanks to having SR on my phone I was able to get focused and head straight home to my dogs and the tv shows of MY choice! it was easier typing this than the drive straight home was, truth be told, but today I did it!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

G'night class. Hang in errybody!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good night TTBABP

just got the news that hubby will be home late tomorrow night another validation for not drinking tomorrow! I cant get enough of those I will tell ya!