Notices

Class Of January 2012 Part 9

Old 02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love Matthew 5: 16 for that kind of stuff, PCL, even if I struggle to uphold it 24/7:

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”

D
Old 02-20-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - just a quick check in before heading to work. Fat and sassy here - no complaints. Bracing for a snow storm - ack! Don't like the white stuff. Nel so happy the liver is loving you as much as we do! PCL and Kat and FIAFI - marriage is difficult under the best of circumstances. In recovery, as we are, it has to be even more difficult. I applaud you wonderful ladies for communicating and working through your individual situations. Hell, I can't even get through a 60 minute dinner without being irritated so you all are true heros in my book Billy new jobs are always a challenge but keep on plugging along, sweetie - you rock! DD - do a round of something at the gym for me - PLEASE! LOL Seanie - so, so, so proud of you! Limbo - let us know how all is going. Dee - Happy Wednesday to my favorite and most awesome mod!! Love and hugs, T
Old 02-20-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

PCL, I was literally laughing out loud when you mentioned your hubby's tv watching! Mine is addicted to tv, and I absolutely hate it. You'll laugh, I went so far as to buy him a wireless headset for Christmas so I didn't have to listen to the obnoxious drone. (Please forgive me, tv aficionados!) Just had to share this.

Great bible passage, Dee. I try everyday to keep my mouth shut and act with kindness. Some days better than others. Human nature.

Hope your snow isn't too bad, Tammi ! The weather in NJ has been really strange lately..extremely high winds for the past couple of days. Feel like I should be shouting "Auntie Em" !!!

Nite All xo
Old 02-21-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Lol FaceIt.... He has a wireless headset but hasn't used it in a long time. I need to reinstate that rule
I'm kinda on thin ice with him b/c I came off my antidepressants last week, which I think is what triggered my craziness, Beast activity but I'm through the worst of it. I had tried 3 other times to come off & couldn't get past 2 days. But they weren't working for me anymore & side effects stink.
I am feeling a lot better, still having withdrawal, it feels similar to alcohol withdrawal which freaked me out. The anxiety is subsiding.

I would just like to know what it feels like to be a non chemically enhanced human.
I believe God is the great physician & He & His word are the only medicine I'll ever need.

Hope the rest of the gang is good.
Sorry, I've been so self absorbed.
Proud of you all!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee, for the bible verse, it's perfect.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:54 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Hey everyone - cold, snowy, icy, icky here. So glad it is Friday and I only have to drive to and back from work in this crap. I HATE winter weather due to being so dangerous. Too responsible to call out but this weekend I aint goin nowhere!! Nothing much to report. Got an awesome perfect cup of tea maker from Teavana. I'm practicing my tea brewing skills for when BP comes to visit his Ellie Mae. Probably need to learn how to make crumpets as well!! Shower time - hope everyone has a safe, warm weekend filled with love and laughter and no snow storms!! Love and Hugs, T
Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

NBC, be careful on those icy roads. It can be very dangerous. I moved from sunny flat land FL to West NC snowy mountains. It is scary! Have had my truck stuck in snow many times.
Slipping n sliding. So I feel for you.

Nel how's it going?

How's weather over on pilgrim island?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Glad to be sober today and not back on day 1. Well it would not be day one, that could be years away if I had drank yesterday after intense cravings.

Kind of feel a lot better now, I really do know alcoHELL is over for me for ever, can't go back wont go back. Have a great weekend all, very very cold here in London, need some warmth.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Stay warm, safe and dry T !

DD, thankful to read you averted the Beast. Sending prayers and good thoughts out to you, stay strong!

Cold and rainy here in NJ today, thankful it's not snow. Spending the day chauffeuring the kiddos back and forth, back and forth. Trying to get some chores done in between, lol !

Stay warm and sober, friends!! xo
Old 02-23-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hey gang doing good here, we got a couple of inches of snow the other day. I am so ready for spring!! I am on day 54, no drinking and no smoking ...The other day was crazy at the store, long story short I did walked away from the alcohell aisle empty handed, it was a struggle but besides that its has been fairly good....Hope all is well with everyone...Love & Peace Nell.♥
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hot buttered crumpets are a skill Ellie, I am sure you can cope. Best cooked on a fork over an open fire
Old 02-24-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Hi gang! Supposed to get another dumping of snow tomorrow only this one they are calling a blizzard with wicked winds. Ugh! Had a nice, lazy weekend. Laundry done, shopping done, bills mostly paid - can't complain. My immediate boss' last day is Thursday, he has taken a position in Houston. Really going to miss working with him. Job is going good, looking forward to getting more organized in the office areana - it's taking a backroad to service, which it should, but I will feel more at ease being more on top of those pesky papers and reports. Gonna watch red carpet oscars. I have a good friend who is an executive sous chef and he is in LA tonight and cooking for an after party event. How cool is that?? Stay strong, everyone. Fantastic job, Nellie (now don't you be pretending to be Elle Mae and confuse our favorite pilgrim!!) DD - way to slay the beast. PCL and FIAFI - I simply love to read your collective writings. Love you all - T
Old 02-25-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi all, great job DD you the man.
hope the mood evens out pcl.
Nice one Nel, your doing great doll, we about same time, i'd 7 weeks on Sat.
To the rest off the gang, keep it up u'all doing fantastic.

I've dropped back on my meetings but not because they doing nothing for me but just because i've been so busy, working, exercising, family etc its hard to juggle all,
but i entend to get a couple in this week.
I still working the AA path, I get on my hands and knees morning and nite, and ask god to help me on my way, read the book and try learn about the steps and program.

I've really had no cravings this time around which is baffling me to be honest because around this amount of sober time my Av would usually be driving me nuts, (not that i want any AV so stay in ur box) lol
I put it down to my true acceptance in step1 and that God will remove it from me if he honestly sought.

Take care all.

Oh ps on the weather front its not bad here in emerald isle, sunny, cold and fresh
not raining which makes a change
Old 02-25-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
So it goes

Good work Seanie
Old 02-25-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Good to read ^^^^ everyone's positive achievements.
Nel, so proud of you, each time you say no & walk away, you get that much stronger. I'm ready for spring, too. I want to plant a small veggie garden.

NBC, I'm so impressed with your acclimating to so many new environments in such a short time, I think I would be overcome with fear. You are such an awesome woman.

Seanie, keep up the good work man. With God All things are possible

Billy, how is the new job? I'm sure you will impress them w/your charm. There's something special about you.

DD, we kick Beast A$$!

As for moi, my emotions are leveling. As much as they can for a woman! I feel a little wild, more hyper...But I'm feeling more like myself. I felt like I was in a fog. Like present but not REALLY there.

Anyway, Kat & FaceIt hope you are staying warm up north & not working too hard, yeah right!

Where's our lovely Limbo????
Wishing you all peace & love!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

I like how everyone sounds, still working hard and devoted to sobriety. Since we are talking about the weather, all these snow storms have missed us and just a bit of snow is predicted this week. I'm hoping we at least get some in the mountains, maybe I can snowshoe again before Spring. I shouldn't be thinking about Spring yet but the light is changing and it feels different out there. Enjoy the rest of the week class!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hey class!

Just a very quick one, am helping my brother in his store these days and crazy busy doing 14 hour days. Still not "officially" working but I am having fun getting out of my own head and doing something for someone else for a change. Will post proper in the coming days and wonderful to read your posts as always! Thanks for asking about me you wonderful wonderful people :-)

Love, L
Old 02-27-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

We have so much snow here today thought we could build a snowman in class today. I got the head started...humm should make it a smowman or a snowgirl??..lol...Just a little fun, not much going on here I justed wanted to pop in and say hello...Hope all is well with everyone....Love & Peace Nell♥
Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

I love when I go back and read all my typos....good gawd!! Oh well that's just me,I'm always tripping over my words...lol..It's true! ...Day 59!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Way to go on 2 months Nel!!
!