Notices

Class Of November 2012

Old 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm working through Day 8... Intense cravings the past few days starting around 3:30 (when I'm still at work). I usually wasn't drinking until after I got home but maybe I just used to anticipate it and that's why I'm having the cravings. When I'm home finally, I feel ok. Strange.
Anyway, just looking to finish out one more day and hoping these crazy cravings die down soon.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i want to be a november gal !!
im in it ,, and im on it xxx
cleo xxx
Old 11-01-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

November 1st it is for me. Hope I can keep it together this time!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 11-01-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm all in. First NA meeting was tonight. 40 days no booze, 3 days no drugs. Lets do this.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day two beginning here. I feel great and ready to face it. Worried a little about stupid stuff, but trying not to do that.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

SFMS I'm glad you feel a bit better. I have had a few good AF spells where I found the anxiety does go. You will feel proud of yourself and you will be able to go to that park and not worry what anyoone thinks.
I am also on day 2.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Uggh Back...

I was so excited last time I was here. September 3rd was my sober date. I think I was cocky, well maybe not cocky; but over confident. I lasted 9 days, and told myself I could have one drink. I was wrong. This time something is different(I know I have said this before), but my actions are different. I signed myself up for an intensive 16 session outpatient program, along with going to AA last night, which was day 1. I prayed to my higher power who I choose to call God, and make sure that I do this as well as read my bible daily. Just have to make it through today....this time that's all I am focused on. Good Luck everyone!!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 2 sober from alcohol. Feeling soooo exhausted. I'm going to start taking B vitamins today. I feel so run down.

My ankle is hurting. The last day I drank, I tripped over something and fell and twisted my ankle. I also made a complete jerk of myself with my friends. I may not have any friends left. Drinking was a lonely world.

But, I'm feeling positive today. Forward we go.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks BF!

So far so good. Went to yet another NEW playground today and got a new friend's number and found yet another new friend (a dog trainer) and got her on Facebook. Productive day! Since going out and being sober, for the first time in my time in this new town (over a year) I have made friends, three friends in two days. Not bad! I resisted the urge to hit the store on the way home, and it wasn't even that hard. Sure, it is tempting, got a long afternoon before hub gets home, but I'm so glad I didn't. Looking forward to my show coming on soon (SVU) and taking a nice long shower. It would be a gorgeous afternoon for some dog walking, too. My dogs are all in good weight and not fat, and my young one stays really fit cos we play ball out back, but my senior dogs are in need of more muscle mass. They've lost it during the time I was a drunk and not walking them much. So all in all I am feeling really positive. Physically I feel awesome, and just from the lack of bloating my jeans are looser already! Mentally, I feel proud of myself and excited. Scared and anxious about other stuff, but realizing that's life and I can't escape from it with booze, and booze was only giving me MORE to worry about. My one big thing from two years ago that I can't let go of still may bug me, but I'm slowly getting past that, too I think, or at least realizing that nothing is going to happen most likely and I need to live my life to the fullest. I am finally making friends, and finding places to go, and feeling like a part of the community and not so lonely. It's really great and amazing what even a couple days of not sitting around drunk can do for you. Imagine what a lifetime of sobriety can do?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

SFMS, that sounds wonderful. And, just imagine how much better you are going to continue to feel. It's going to get so much better! So much to look forward to.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
062412forever

Day 2 here, but 5 of 6 days sober. Got to get through today, and the weekend without tricking myself into thinking I am okay with having a drink or two. That just leads down a familiar road we all know so well. I wanted to go a AA meeting this afternoon, but having serious heartburn over the whole thing. Hopefully I can work up some confidence and just go. Have the schedule of meetings, just need to do it. Good luck all. The weekends are a trigger for me, so just going to try to get through it hour by hour.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

hi yall, day 1 for me, im determind to beat this , and i would normally have put it off, to say monday!
its a friday and usually my hardest to not drink,, but y know what? i dont reckon it matters what day it is,, for me this is just "my day one""
fingers crossed,,big hugs to all
lv cleo xxx
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Gonna have another go with November this time. I gave up for a couple of months earlier, went on a bit of a binge, I didn't feel I was giving it my all. Determined to have a go this month.
Day 2 today x
Old 11-02-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

welcome to the November group! we can all do this together!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Still having lots of worry. Thought of a new reason to be paranoid- what if someone reported me as I left, thinking I was driving drunk with my child (even though I wasn't). Now worried CPS will show up or something. I hate my mind sometimes. I know I didn't do anything wrong, and there's no booze anywhere in my house or anything. But it would likely be the end of my marriage, and I'd lose my son that way. So now I am terrified and wondering how much time has to pass before I can be sure no one called them with my tag number. Hate anxiety.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Smile pls dont worry hun x

hi you, sfms x, ive been following yr posts and im so sorry that u are in this situation at the mo!
u poor love,, but i dont think u worrying about it is helping,, as far as i have read, u havent done anything wrong,, gee ive done worse!!
i know its so easy to say "stop worrying" but you are just a mum, like most of us, we sometimes dont do as the others do, they didnt take any of yr details, and surly they have more pressing matters than lil ole you?
not that yr not important aghh u know wot i mean hun,,, just try not to worry so much, its not going to help u, i hope i havent sounded uncaring,, i really feel for u, and anyway if something was gonna happen, it wouldve done by now eh?
keep smiling and try to forget,for now,, look after urself,, lv cleo xxx
Old 11-02-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks! I know as backlogged as they probably are, it could take a while, but I know you're probably right. The person who called the cops, who was probably the only person who knew I was drinking, may have even left by the time the cops got there. Plus, they already had called the cops, who talked to me, so yeah, it's unlikely they'd do anything further. Worrying sucks. I am in no shape or form worried CPS would take my kid or anything. I am just worried about what it would do to my marriage. I have nothing and no one and if he chucked me out, I would have to leave my son, and he's my whole life. I just have to hope nothing happens. In the end, I have changed my ways and turned it around, so I have much to be joyful about. Drinking really has the potential to ruin lives, and I am very lucky I got away so easily (assuming I do, and deep down, I think I will). I really doubt anyone called, but I am paranoid as all heck. And things are going so well, I just want to focus on being sober and enjoying my son and my new life and my new friends.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

good for you hun,, sfms,, u must concentrate on u and yr hubby and son right now, but more importantly you,, you can do this, and i know how us moms worry, its our job eh?haha
chin up hun and take care xx november is a fab month,, enjoy it,, im only on day 1 but feel very positive, never before have i felt this happy to say "cheery bye to my demon", bring it on,, lv cleo xxxxx
Old 11-02-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good for you! We can do this together I'm not even tempted at the moment. I want to be the best mom in the world for my little guy. I am just thanking my lucky stars something far worse didn't happen. In the end, the worst that happens is a fight with hubby probably, and that's small compared to what it could have been.