Notices

Class Of November 2012

Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Thanks NewLeaf. I just woke up from an impromptu nap, LOL. So at least that took a couple of hours off the clock.

Rochele, that's a tough situation. I'm in a house with no alcohol. I can't imagine trying to get sober and actually holding bottles of alcohol and having them in my home. Be strong!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

No Dee. I have no more immediate family, outside of a heavily drinking brother I see on Christmas.

We travel to my husband's family and with just 3 days under my belt, I am not talking it up to much at present. I had not really said anything to my husband either. I do not get overt support from him. He will just not buy me a bottle of wine tonight(and he did not, so he seems clued in) and not offer me a beer.

It is easier to bring it this trip than have it go noticed I did not or am not drinking. I just won't drink and that will be fine. I did it 2 years ago when I quit for 4 or more months. I won't be pressured, but all will be drinking around me. In fact, my host buys the mineral water she knows I like, since she noted i was trying to drink "less."

Bringing it there is no issue for me. Sitting next to it now is.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Day #6 here, for me.

There's a TON of alcohol in our house and there always will be until my husband quits drinking, too, which will NEVER happen. And hardly a day goes by - or weekend at least - that doesn't involve some sort of alcohol related celebration or meal. In fact, I went to a pre-match (soccer) tailgate yesterday, watched the game, and then went to a sports bar to celebrate my daughter's team's win. I had to remind myself why I'm here on the forums to help me get through it all. It WORKED. I figure I need to keep focused no matter what and win the challenge of keeping my newest record going.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing and helping me thought this!

One day at a time.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

November 2012 represent!

I'm in!

jDuBmAc
Old 11-17-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome jdub

D
Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

Originally Posted by jdubmac View Post
I'm in!

jDuBmAc
wb jdub. by the way, does anyone know if you can go back further than 18 pages on the alcohol forum. i worked my way from the back to the front, on page 6. but it only goes back to like early october?
Old 11-17-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Well my bored self decided to watch intervention all afternoon. Probably not the best idea but I could not stop watching. Really did get me thinking though. There is going to be a lot more to this than just not using. Duh! Lot's of soul searching. I guess I'm trying to figure out why I felt I have to use. If I can find the problem, then I can attack. I've been fogged so long. This flood of emotions sucks. Am I still the sad, introverted kid I was before I found drugs and booze? Not that I wasn't sad while using, because I was. I really have no desire to use right now, I'm just shattered and exhausted emotionally. Wife is worried as she has never really seen me so fragile.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Wow lots of good posts. Looks like everyone is taking this serious. Awesome.

Originally Posted by ForMeForThem View Post
...so I reminded myself that I don't want to have to log on here and tell you all I didn't make it...
Great minds think alike. That's where I was at today. The short story is I didn't drink today and just made a killer pot of black bean chili.

The long story...
Day 15, woke up and got an unexpected (early) call to go mountain biking with a friend. Nice to be able to just go. I would probably have gone even with a hangover but that just sucks so bad. Had a great ride and came home to remember that I ALWAYS have 'a' beer after mountain biking. Really ended up being the hardest day in over a week. Tried to use what I know about urge surfing. Tried to think it all the way through. I'm not a psychic, but it would have gone like this (guaranteed)... have a beer to keep my rocky mountain high going, then another, few more, wife is home so try to put on a good show, maybe have a few in the garage and let her fall asleep before I come in, bed, snore, bad breath, sleep like crap, wake up at 2 am hot and sweaty, get up early and take the kids to church hungover, regret, disgust.

Be strong, and that goes for me to.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

ID10T

go to the main Alcoholism forum page

down the bottom of the page at the left you'll see 'display options' - make sure you have it set to 'from the beginning'

D
Old 11-17-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

Arrdubya

I spent a lot of time asking why too...I spent so much time I forgot to stop drinking, lol.

I think not drinking is the important thing...it may sound counter-intuitive not to look for reasons right now, but if my experience is any guide you can solve a lot more problems with a little sober time behind you

D
Old 11-17-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Thanks D, I really needed to here that. I'm a former soldier, so find, fix, & destroy are my goto techniques. I'll try and relax and be more patient.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Baking loads of cookies to freeze for later this week. Keeping busy and making kids happy. they will have to sample them to be sure they are okay.

Cranberry/oat/white chip and pumpkin/choc. chip(new variety for me).
Old 11-17-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

we routinely close threads at about 500 posts or so to help the forum run smoothly

please join us for part two of this thread here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D