Notices

Class Of November 2012

Old 11-03-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Another day down!!!! Worried but happy!!!! I am so into my sobriety now.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Not that I am wishing my life away but the weekend is almost over! I stayed in last night drinking elderflower presse instead of joining my friends watching fireworks. I got a few drunk 'missing you' texts but I was happy in the warm nurturing my fragile soul!!

I have a bit more cooking to do and then I have meals for each night after work. This is one tactic I'm going to use to break the habit of after work drinking with colleagues.

It's a dreary rainy day here and I do I don't feel bad for cocooning away from the world today.

S x
Old 11-04-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Reaching out

I'm joining the November Class! I've tried to stop so many times before and failed. No one knows what I'm struggling with, so maybe this time can be different because I'm reaching out on this site. Maybe I won't feel so alone and support will help me do it this time.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Sober since the 1st of this month and I'd like to join the class of November 2012. Had such a terrible hangover I could barely function at work, which is a problem because a lot of people depend on me. Also couldn't eat for 24 hours; too sick. This was my turning point.

Detox isn't too bad, do have powerful cravings though. Gonna take it one day at a time...

Nice to meet you all!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning, day 4. So glad to see you!!!
I hope everyone has a nice, healthy Sunday.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Day 12 begins. The past couple have been a pain, lots of temptations swirling through my head. I will say it gets easier to say no to these temptations the more sober days I have behind me; maybe that can inspire others who are just starting out like me. Stick to it, it gets better. Not like I'm some guru with less than two weeks under my belt but still...

Hope everyone's weekend is going ok. For those of you going through tough times I send my best wishes. Thanks everyone at SR!!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day four and struggling. Not craving beer or anything, but my anxiety over my worry is so bad that I am dying for some relief. That makes it hard. I know all the risks and how dumb it would be. I treasure my four days. But I am so freaked out. I can't settle down from terror someone reported me. It's making me sick. I just want some peace. Ugh.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all, Joining the November class! have only about 12 hours no booze, and starting to get a little antsy. have tried like a lot of people to quit multiple times, but just cant seem to make it stick.

Ive been through AA before and had at 1 time celebrated 7 years of sobriety from Meth and other hard drugs, and I am finding quitting Meth was so much easier than trying to quit drinking...and its not even close.

It seems like I am always able to get 1 to 2 weeks clean then my brain forgets all the reasons I quit in the first place.

A funny little story, years ago when I was going through treatment for addiction (Meth) and all the people that were in my class signed my Big Book. I went back through all the comment made by people that I have long since lost contact with. One comment in particular got me to break down and sob like I have never sobbed before. Bell was her name and she wrote "Jon, Im pleading with you to stay sober, you have so much going for you. you are only 28 years old and have the entire world ahead of you. You can achieve a great life..dont reach 40 and find yourself still struggling you should be married by then and have children. Remember me, Bell."

I turn 40 in March and Im still struggling. cant help but cry as im typing this. I dont even remember what Bell looked like but I have this heart wrenching yank that I really let Bell down but more importantly, I have really let myself down.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Welcome to you! It's not too late.

And guys, I did it! Yay!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well done guys and gals

Keep it going , one day at a time. Sometimes even just one minute or moment at a time.. Just dont pick up , even if your ass falls off.

Enjoy the rest of your sunday and start a good week.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

How is everyone? Lets get this group hopping. Check in, however you are doing, and tell us about your weekend.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome broodle, ForMeForThem, EricaL and IreLander

D
Old 11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
urban chicken

Day one for me.

Hey everybody
Old 11-04-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too Roosta

D
Old 11-04-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Welcome everyone!

Day four done for me. Woohoo!!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

My weekend was shite! I drank and tonight I just stopped mid-way and ate, ate, ate. I need to be sober to move my life forward. Loads of pressure. Dad ill. Coursework too much. Family strife. Need a job. Volunteer group looking for me to do a backdrop in 4 weeks. Feel.......need help!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I'm actually sober as of the end of October (which rhymes) but I'd like to consider myself a November!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi all, my first post.

Have made empty promises to myself and loved ones in the past about getting sober, but now is the time to stop lying to myself and others and do something about it.

I hope that this finds everyone well and look forward to taking part in this journey with you all.

Cheers, Dave.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

BPS and CTR; we will do it together!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 4... I feel ok. Stomach very upset. Volunteered to do phones at AA central office from 12 to 3am and really NOT feeling up to it but I will go. I must stick to my word or it will become worthless and mean nothing to anyone I care for.

My dad is ill too. Drinking himself to death after split with my mom after 30 years!!! It's all due to .... You guessed it! Drugs and alcohol! They are both in such denial. It's really stressful.

I'm still tired and sick but I went for a hike today and I got outside. I won't just lay there and dwell on it. Doesn't help.

I just hope I feel a bit better than this tomorrow. But if I don't, I'll hang in there. Recovery takes time. I spent many years abusing my body and mind so I need to be patitent and kind to myself.

Praying for everyone here! Thank you guys for being in my life!!!