Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 7

Old 09-24-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Keep up the fine work, Murk. I echo what Grace said. You can do it!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning all , dark dank and wet here in Whitechapel London have a great week all !
Old 09-24-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi again, quick lunch time check in.

Dank, dark and wet here in the North West too DarkDays. The rain is persisting down.

Enjoy your afternoon everyone

Gxx
Old 09-24-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Murked

D
Old 09-24-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wecome Murked to SR,

Hope your journey will be as rewarding as it has been for the rest of us. Take a day at a time and after a while a new world opens up where you will feel better, do better, and be free of the chains of alcohol.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Murk, you are very welcome here. You are in a very exciting time of your life (it may not feel like it), you get to discover yourself all over again and get healthy. It's awesome. Good for you for going to the meetings. Keep posting!

My dog's name is Harley. And yes, he IS gorgeous, actually! Everyone who meets him says how handsome he is. (I am a very proud mum) We went for a 5k run together last night, he is my little running buddy. I don't use a leash; he's slowly getting better at running along with me. He's only just two.

How are you doing Dickensen? How are your grandkids? Are they in school?

Darkdays and grace---I'll be joining you soon in the rain. It's only a matter of days before it starts pouring. Wish it was english rain though! *Sigh. You guys are so lucky to live there.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, Grace, there's a healthy eating thread in the health and fitness section. Come post there, it's been slow lately! (summer diets have gone out the window i think)
Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

Im doing great today Grace2. Loving life sober. I have been in and out of the program for about 2 years. and today is day number 3 for me. I went back out 4 days ago on my 60 days. but hey i cant beat myself up over it. Keep coming back. But all in all everything is well. and i hope your having a great day.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi there

I'm fairly new to SR and haven't posted to this thread before so hope you don't mind me joining in.

You all sound so upbeat, it's great!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Nicky! Nice to have you! Welcome!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Can anyone help me out with the time difference. I'm in the UK and it's 9.45pm at the moment.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am in the Eastern United States, and it is 4:45 pm on Monday 9-24.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Smile

Hello all and a Happy Monday afternoon or evening, I guess, depending on the time zone. Sounds rainy in England, please send some to CA, we are truly in the midst of a drought. I hope all of you had a restful weekend. Welcome to all the new members. Thanks for the replies about my mom, actually, my spouse's mom, but she is mom to me too. She seems to be holding her own, patience is definitely needed, right now it is in the phase where the same question will be repeated about every 5 minutes. We always make sure to tell dad things too, to make sure. This has been sort of creeping up the past few years, she still remembers most people, but not some. At least it is not early onset, I read a few books about that, people can get it really early in life. There is a book called Still Alice that deals with the subject. It is very interesting, also Ice Cream in the Cupboard. Reading these makes me appreciate "memory" although mine has suffered a bit. Anyway, I better go before I write a novel, ha. Take care all!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

Nicky, Time difference well i am in Texas and it is 4:00 pm here right now. and yea man welcome most deff. I am new to SR as well but if your in the program you have a huge family man. Everywhere in the world you have brothers. We are all working towards a similar goal and keeping faith alive. Faith without works is dead! so keep it up.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

bloss,Not too rainy in Bonny Scotland but hell of a windy. Had a great weekend, hope you did too.
Was actually getting right into your novel there.........lol
Old 09-24-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Nicky, I'll even take the wind, maybe blow the heat away. Plus you have castles there. Oh that's right we do have Hearst Castle (ha, ha). Had an ok weekend, thanks for asking. Take care and don't let the strong wind sway you!
Old 09-24-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

Service Work

Hey Fam. Today is a great day, I am going to do some service work today with my sponsor. We are going out to a hospital to bring a meeting to those who cant get out to go to one. I am very excited and am looking forward to helping struggling addicts and alcoholics! I hope everyone is blessed in all their endeavors today.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too Nicky

D
Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

In particular,

I am doing fine taking a day at a time like everyone else. I just returned from a business trip to Ontario and then Mexico City where I picked up some unwanted weight. So I need to get back to my normal low carb diet. But then weight is my third priority behind staying away from cigarettes and booze. My grandchildren are fine. They are 3 and 2 years old. The oldest just started pre-school this month for 3 1/2 hours per day. They are coming down from Wisconsin to Northern Illinois this weekend so I will get to see them.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

Had a great day today. Took a meeting out to a hospital where some people were detoxing. Man it was good for me, because i got to see where i was. I was in those same rooms not too long ago detoxing, and people brought meetings to us. It was good to give back, and actually be the person bringing the meeting to them. All in all it was a great day. Stayed sober for one more day, and i get to do it all over again tomorrow. One day at a time, that's all it takes. I love AA and i love recovery. I couldn't as for anything more today. Life is good, and the friends i have made in AA are awesome. I thank my higher power for everything he has done for me today.

*Prayer*
God allow people to treat me tomorrow, exactly how i treated them today.

Keep coming back.