Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 7

Old 10-27-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

WWG, YOU CAN DO THIS. Jeni is right, you can dust yourself off and start with today. 10/27/12 has a nice ring to it as a sobriety date, and it will have a great ring to it a year from now.

Try to keep busy, some people meditate to lessen anxiety, some people exercise like crazy, that has helped for me. But as you know, the one thing that makes anxiety go away for a short time (booze) makes it come back worse than before. You can do this, fellow Undie. :-)
Old 10-27-2012, 09:05 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I am getting over last nights failure. I just took my toddler to the Comic Book store, and now we are off to a Halloween Birthday Party. I am need to do this for my family, and myself. This storm has me so worried, all I can picture are trees destroying my home.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Yeah WWG don't worry the important thing is that you're being honest about it and you're back here. Also you didn't totally go off the deep end, that is a good sign.
You're only human and this is really, really hard and it is so commendable that you are trying. That really is the first and most important step. (I'm not talking AA steps, I'm not an AAer, I just mean the first step on your journey to recovery). You CAN do it, just don't give up, you know why? Because you are worth the struggle it takes to succeed.

Oh my god, two days to go! I feel so happy and thankful right now. And it finally is sinking in that I really have done it, and I am so proud of myself, for the first time really.

I know I still have to be careful, but I feel so much stronger in my sobriety than I did even a couple of months ago. It really does start to make sense, after awhile.

Pancakes on a rainy saturday morning, here. Oh yeah, you want something to take your mind of drinking? QUIT COFFEE. I quit it a week ago to help with my anxiety and holy moly it is really hard. Think about coffee now instead of booze.

I'm running in a 5k race tomorrow, did I say? It's my first one and really momentus as I started running when I quit drinking and it has been an epic battle.

I gotta go, I'm interviewing a girl in an hour for an article I'm writing.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Stay safe HRB.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi Undies
Welcome and contratulations Duane.Looking forward to reading posts and getting to know you. Great bunch here!

Jeni Wow 5 months is fantastic and the worry of your AV seems to diminish through time, I'm on my 8 month and it's been a while seen I felt any "fear" but hey it's good to be on our guard, always.

Tanja I'm sure I did congratulate you on your 90 days but my memory still isn't fantastic. So, well done Brilliant!

OLL How stressful is decorating. I sympathise with you, I'm aonly doing my spare front room and the whole house is upside down but you........with a new house.....phew exhausting!

(got nail extentions on, look lovely but a total nuisance to type with.....lol)

Grace you have the patience of a saint and so thoughtful.

bloss my friend, so glad you're well again.

HRB Wish I had half your stamina, I'm still up down like a yoyo! Can't seem to find a balance at the moment.

wehave2day I'm like you so grateful for the advice and support from all the undies. Nice to share the good and the bad.

WWG how you doing now? Well I hope, just a day at a time and the longer you go the easier it gets.

FP Just love the elephants. Gave me a right 'ol giggle.

I'm just chilling out tonight and I MEAN chilling. Freezing here, even had a flutter of snow yesterday. I mean SNOW in October what's that all about.......lol

Hi IP an EQ know you guys are busy but thinking of you both.

Have a happy,healthy evening/day.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Tony

Sober Day - Today

I think I'm more afraid of giving up my character defect crutches than anything. I want to be sober and free but I also want to be happy with the base model of me that God made. I had to get external affirmation with career and bodybuilding and that's what my lie is to get out the door. I know better. Hope everyone is well.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Good morning Undies
I should say late morning, been lolling about.

WWG: Have a nice time with your child at the comic book store. Today is a new day, try not to dwell on yesterday. The lesson could be that the beer was not the solution to your anxiety over the storm. Do what you can to protect your home and family from the storm. After that rest in the fact that you have done what you can. Pray, meditate, whatever works for you, remember how badly alcohol hurt you, but don't dwell on the past. Take care, good thoughts coming your way from everyone here.

Nicky: I couldn't type with nail extensions! I'll bet your hands look nice, my hands and nails are a mess. Have a lovely day.

IP: good luck on the 5K, pancakes sound good to me!

WeHavToday: good day to you!

Jeni26: Have a great week off

Grace: Thanks for the variations of the just for today poem!

HRB: glad you are feeling better, I guess eating healthy is a good idea for all of us Undies

I am going to do some have to do's, things I have been putting off. Tomorrow we are taking my husband's 85 year old dad on a hike, he still does ok with a cane. The dogs will be crazy happy! Have to make sure they don't knock anyone over.

Have a good weekend Undies

Bloss
Old 10-27-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

wow! bloss 85 and can still hike. I just love hearing of healthy and fit elderly. I was out visiting a client the other day, he was 92!!!! Oh my goodness, so alert and well looking.
Guess a healthier lifestyle is now required by me. Really need to get of my butt and do some excercise apart for walking the dog....lol

WWG Admire your honesty. Please don't dwell on your blip but learn from it. Take care.

Saturday night 7pm here and I'm already in PJ's.......haha. The kids have got friends sleeping over (yet another thing I could never commit to with my drinking binges) They're all singing and having a rare old time to themselves. Lovely to hear happy voices.

Enjoy your hike bloss. Sounds ace.

Pizza here! Catch you all later.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I'm feeling a little better. I was just at my friends house for a B-day party, and did not drink a drop. This is one of my drinking pals, and I was the only guy not drinking.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good for you but I could never put myself in that situation at such an early stage.Please be careful and stay strong.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

23 25 Sat

Hi all, hope you're all well, it's been soooo cold here, sunny but perishing, I know there's been snow in a few places. How is it with you Nicky as I know Scotland is generally a bit colder than it it is here, or so they say? Got my daughters two staying over tonight, 3 & 5, so her and her husband can have a rare day out. This afternoon, we made Halloween cookies in the shape of bats and iced them, we also made a loaf of bread, as I've been promising them for weeks. Smells gorgeous. but it's that heavy and hard I may paint it and use it as a door stop!!

W.W.G big hug from us all, I know how you've struggled and I slipped several times before I got my act together properly! The most important thing is that you have picked your self up and come straight back, and it takes guts to do that, one day soon, maybe today, it will just click into place and that will be it! I have great faith in you and I know that you will beat this! I've been wondering, is it usually a Friday that you slip, or is it any time over the week end? I know you find it difficult those couple of hours when you finish work before your wife gets home, but just wondered if other than that there is a specific day when you particularly struggle. If so, maybe we could all get our heads together and have a think how to get round it!

Jeni, that was a very thoughtful post for WTH

Yours too Wehavtoday.

IP, I'm so excited for you, I can't wait till I'm where you are now! Good luck with your race tomorrow, do your best! I hope the weather is kind to you!

Nicky, I've just re-read your post and see you had a little sprinkling of the white stuff yesterday! Can't believe it's started so early, I think we're in for a long, cold winter, I can't type with nail extensions either or undo buttons!

Tony, life is a million times better without alcohol. If you're struggling share with us, we've all been there, if you're winning let us know and we will celebrate with you.

Bloss, glad you like the poem/prayer, enjoy your day with your father out-law. I wish my poor old dad could still do things like that, bless him!

Going to bed now, must remember to put the clocks back an hour!

See you tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Geez...Grace forgot about the ruddy clocks!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Grace, you are right Friday I seem to slip. I am so anxious for this storm I lost it yesterday. I am not much of a man, as I am so worried our house will have a tree fall on it I am freaking out. I need to be strong for my family, but fear this storm. I am really sad.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why not pray for strength and peace WWG?

D
Old 10-27-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Why not pray for strength and peace WWG?

D
I am praying. The funny thing is I don't want a drink in the least bit. I prefer sobriety, I just wish this storm would take a different track.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread Tony

D
Old 10-27-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

WWG - I'm right in the bullseye of this storm and I'm facing my fear sober. I realized today that I have no control over nature but I do have control over me. So I'm prepared as I can be and made sensible emergency plans. Here's a concept to ponder - if, and that is a BIG if, you and your family have an issue during the storm how will you be able to keep them safe if you are drunk? You may have to drive to safety or mobilize quickly and those are both things you cannot do while intoxicated. Keep sober to keep safe.

Hope that thought is helpful in keeping you sober these next few days...I know it is working for me!! Here's hoping both of us and our families are safe and sound when this is all over
Old 10-27-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Thanks IWillWin, prayers for your safety. Sober is the only option so I can keep my family safe and secure.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-8-a.html

D