Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 7

Old 09-28-2012, 01:33 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good morning

Just a quick hello as I've got a busy day ahead. Hope you're all well and sober, I'm sure you are.

Bloss, it's such a nuisance when the Internet is being awkward. happens to me quite a lot.

Catch up with you all a bit later.

Stay strong, stay sober.

Big hugs

Grace
Old 09-28-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Morning, afternoon or evening wherever you are wish you all a great day!

Had a really fabby meeting last night felt all warm and glowy inside after it and eternally grateful for my soberiety.

Catch you all later.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning all! So glad you are here!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning to all or whatever time of day. Just checking in, we are at the coast for a few days. Our Internet service and cell phones sometimes don't work as well as in the valley. Cool and foggy here, nice change from hot Central Valley. We don't have nice seasonal change here like in eastern states. Managed to get ahold of our cable service to report outage and ended up upgrading system, then went to Costco and got a new T.V. Found out we needed a different modem and cable box. To top it off, our old router wasn't working, so on the phone at midnight to customer service, I think he said he was headquartered in India. So today, we are missing a power cord for the system, the service rep. Didn't give it to us when we were at the store and it is almost 30 miles from here.

Have to say, very frustrating and in the old "drinking" days I probably would have ended the day with wine, instead of Chinese food and sorbet for dessert with hot tea to drink.

So, all is well...sorry to go on! Technology is so wonderful, but sometimes
. Everyone have good day...free of tech stress...ha!
Bloss
Old 09-28-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

im what's called.a technophobe. thankfully my hubbys quite good on that front.

great to get through days like that without a drink.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Just popped in to say goodnight

It's been a long day and it didn't end up how I planned! I ended up having my 3 g.children all day, the oldest one, aged 5 couldn't go to school because he threw up on the way, all over himself and all over the car so he had to stay with me while his mum worked, the middle one was tired, talk about Tantrum Tessy, and the little one piddled his pants about 6 times. Oh the joys! By the time they went home the house looked like a bomb had it it and I stunk of sick and piddle! Bathed now and p.j's on!

Hi Nicky, glad you enjoyed your meeting, I'm a technophobe too!

Hi EQ, hope you are well!

Bloss, that sounds like a very frustrating day. Hope you enjoy your few days on the coast though, it's nice to have a break.

Well its 23.30 here and I'm off to bed now to read a couple of chapters before I go to sleep.

Night night, be safe

Gxx
Old 09-28-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Night to Grace...Nicky, I'm not too techie? either...a meeting sounds good!
EQ, hope your day has gone smoothly and the same to all the under 1 year group...

Bloss
Old 09-28-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thanks, folks. They gave me employee of the month today at work. Lol Didnt sleep well last night. My dad is sick and canceled our weekend plans. His Dr got his.labs and got.him on antibiotic all done today which i am pleased about, but, he cant have visitors for four days per Dr. He lives alone two hours away. He is 82. Wont let any of us come. I just do not want him to get dehydrated.But at least he is texting me. I had a flu shot today but it isnt effective yet. Plus he has an infection. Anyway, I was hugging and kissing.on him when I saw him last.night so I am a little nervous. Lol I feel woozy but I think I am imagining it. Lol
Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

EQ: Hope your dad recovers soon, and you are ok, employee of the month is nice! Sleep well tonight and have a good weekend...
Old 09-28-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi again

So much for going to bed earlier. It's now 02.26 and I'm back up due to the other half snoring like a road drill!

E.Q well done on getting employee of the month. Hope your dad makes a rapid recovery, bless him.

Hi Bloss.xx

Gxx
Old 09-29-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Grace you must be exhausted today after your grandkiddy ordeal, topped by hubby snoring........lol It can only get better.

EQ Hope your dad's well soon and gave me a wee giggle when you said he txt you....at 82!!! Wow love it!

Have a great weekend guys. Sun is shinng in Bonny Scotland, very rare indeed.......lol
Old 09-29-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

I'm running late today due to sleeping in a bit later this morning after last nights antics! I't been a bit quiet on here the last couple of days, hope you're all okay and if any of you are just lurking in the back ground, get posting! Had a pretty non eventful day so far, nipped into town first thing with my mum, did a bit of grocery shopping ( my pet hate) and back home. Got a bit of housework today after yesterday's events.

Nicky, I'm not feeling too bad at the minute, quite used to sleepless nights but I'm sure it will catch up with me at some point. The sun isn't shining here, it was earlier though, it's cold and windy and looks like it's going to lash it down any minute. I'm all prepared for the washing line dash!

Well anway, hopefully catch up again later.

Stay safe and strong

Big hugs

Gxx
Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Grace, your day yesterday made.me exhausted so I went to bed early and slept in and I rarely do eiither. I so enjoy your posts.

NickyTam, my father looks and acts 62. His mother is 106 and looks 80. She is independent and would live alone but for her eyesight. She does everything herself. Good genes however I think I take after my Moms genes. They say whomever you look like is whose physical genetics you often pick up. Dont know if that's true. But I certainly look like my mom and have her introversion, art skills, and her fathers alcoholism. He was the town alcoholic sadly and was always in the gutter and would steal from them to buy alcohol.... He died young before I was born. So I am not following those footsteps!!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi all
Warmish Saturday here on the coast.

Grace, take a nap if you get a chance! Stay dry with all the rain

Nicky, have a great Saturday

EQ, glad you had a good sleep

Thanks for being here everyone, helps to come here, don't feel so alone.

All who are here, have a pleasant day

Bloss
Old 09-29-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi all
Been a hectic week, so glad it's the weekend although I'm currently lying on the couch feeling sorry for myself.
Picked up sort of bug and feeling *yuck* courstesy of my beloved kids.......lol
Went to watch my girls get their next grading at TKD BRILLIANT!!

To think that these are the type of special moments I could've missed had I still been binge drinking. So happy and grateful I;m not drinking anymore.

Anyway back to feeling sorry for myself........lol

Take care everyone and thank you all for being such fabby listeners.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:38 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi again

Had a lovely bubble bath, all pj'd up, watched the X Factor and now listening to the neighbours having a cracking fight!! Not that I want to listen to them, they are so loud we have no choice. Great Saturday night entertainment, better than t.v any day!! Ha ha.

EQ I'm glad you like my posts but can't understand why! I think I'm soooo boring! I wish I could write like you, your posts on some of the threads are outstanding and so clever.
I smiled to when I read about your Dad texting, I think that is brilliant and you still have a Grandmother too, Wow.

Hi Bloss , the chances of me having a nap during the day is nil, not with a two year old living with me (my live in Grandson-long story). Not to worry, at least he goes to bed early and usually sleeps a good twelve hours. Phew!
Hope you're enjoying your time on the coast!

Oh no Nicky, hope it's only a 24 hour bug and you feel better tomorrow, look after yourself.

I thinks that's it for now, but I may be back.

Night night

Gx
Old 09-29-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Nicky, hope you feel better soon...

Grace, a bubble bath sounds lovely...

I had a good afternoon at the beach and the nursery. I bought some flowers that are supposed to attract butterflies...made a beef pot pie for dinner and watched a little T.V./SR, etc.

Hope everyone has pleasant a Sunday (restful), would be good.

Bloss
Old 09-30-2012, 01:10 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

bloss, Love the idea of a flower that attract butterflies, they seem to be a diminishing species these days. Ah....beach what I'd give for a bit of sunshine right now. Lucky you!

Grace, I actually think your posts are very honest and encouraging, not boring at all.

EQ, how's your dad doing now?

Everyone, how you are all feeling positive and enjoying life.

I'm still not feeling very well but nothing a little rest won't cure. Enjoying the pampering from the family.

Wet and windy today so just the right day for cosying in.

Catch you all later.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi everybody

Hope you all have a happy, productive Sunday. I had a mamoth sleep last night, must have needed it! Not doing a great deal today, bit of housework, make a traditional Sunday dinner and I may make some cup cakes with the little one.

Bloss. plants to attract butterflies sound nice, it's Autumn here, so time for getting rid of all the dead wood and planing bulbs for spring. I'm not in work this week, so that's one of my projects to keep me occupied.

Nicky, make sure you do have a good rest and let the family wait on you for a change.

Catch up again later no doubt

Big hugs

Gxx