Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 4

Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

My old shrink moved to Birmingham and is texting but he can't do much. I wnt to die. Why won't someone help me
Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

My stupid toilet is broken, won't flush, keeps refilling, crap, hub will be mad. What do I do?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lefthook View Post
37 hours in!
Great job, keep it up.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I don't know if I've asked you this....I'm sure I have.....Have you been to an AA meeting?.....Can you go to one?.....Be around people that want to help you.....I ended up in AA by saying....God, please help me.....And I haven't drank since.....Sending extra prayers for you SoberForMySon.
SFMS, I have to agree with Sapling. You've said how much it's helped coming to your SR family for the support & encouragement, & none of us are docotors or therapists (well, actually, some just might be...) but we aren't giving you medical advice. We're here to hold your hand & help you thru the tough times. Maybe that's exactly what you might find with an AA group. I've never personally been, but so many of our friends on here have been, & they have voiced how it's saved their lives. You'll have people right there, face to face, to talk to. I'm sure just like many of us, they'll be able to relate, give advice when they can or just be there to give you a hug...and it's free. I don't think you have anything at all to lose just by trying it. Think about it my friend. HUGS!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Groder, thank you so much, I am feeling better...at least as far as getting back on track. I could definitely use a nap right now tho, but I do remember when the energy kicked in & I loved it! I'll worry about catching up on laundry & housework when that happens.

Bumble, I'm so with you on the whole weight gain thing. I also have put on like 35-40 lbs...UGH! Doesn't exactly do much for the self confidence!! I had to be honest with myself & really add up the amount of calories I was consuming just because of what I drank. It added up to anywhere between 800 and almost 2000 calories DAILY! I've spent the last several years dieting, keeping track of food calories, & eating my body weight in salads, only to totally sabotage it by cracking open that bottle (or bottles) of wine at night, and then b***h & complain why I'm not losing weight. Funny how much I've been in denial & lied to myself in the past. That's something else that I'm doing my best to change, is being honest with myself. That's one of the first things that brought me here.

Think about all of you often...praying for everyone wherever you stand in your sobriety!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

SFMS, I know we're not supposed to give medical advice, buy it sounds like you need to go to the dr ASAP... Not a therapist, but someone who can prescribe Meds for the panic. Worry about insurance later. If your dr can't see you, go to the ER. NOW. I've been to the ER three times myself with combination panic/alcohol withdrawal, there's no shame in it. It could be dangerous if you don't see someone soon
Old 09-20-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

SFMS, I understand the total frustration of hitting those insurance roadblocks...I went thru the same thing with my son when I was looking for some help for him. Nobody in the area, or even anywhere close, would take the insurance, & there's no way I could afford $200-$300 weekly appts. But I was told, that if it ever came down to it, we would never be turned away from the ER, & they could at least send us in the right direction. I know your fear of doctors...but I think I'd much rather deal with that fear than dealing with what you seem to be struggling with on a daily basis...$ be damned. Your life is more important!

Worried about you my friend! Hang in there.
Love ya sister!
Jazzy
Old 09-20-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

x alcoholic drug addict boyfriend is back in town

Unbelievable. I was doing great, and at work today my exbf shows up out of the blue. I have not seen him nor had contact with him for almost two years. I told him if he ever came near me again I was going to call the police.
We dated for just a few months. I met him when I was about a week sober, an after I met him I started drinking again. He is an alcoholic and also a crack addict. I found out about the crack only after I dumped him. He was also becoming abusive and I'm sure that would have escalated. I gave him $500 to move to a different city to get a job and told him I never wanted to see him again. He sent me an email shortly after saying he was sorry, etc. I replied and said I wanted no further contact and I would call the police if he came near me. He has called and left phone messages about once every two months, saying he's sorry, he's changed, etc. I doubt he's changed and I don't care if he has. I have not responded to any of the calls, figuring any response would be encouragement. Then he shows up today at work, probably knowing that I won't make a big scene at work.
I am so angry right now. I want a drink. My first real craving in 16 days. I'm not going to blow my sobriety over this guy! I'm not sure if I should call the police or what. I can't believe this is happening now but maybe it's better that it's happening to me as a sober person. I don't know what to think or do right now.

SFMS: I think you should get to an ER. I'm very concerned about you. Reach out for help, please.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

SS so sorry. Not sure what you should do, aside from ignore him, he's toxic!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sobersunshine View Post
I'm not going to blow my sobriety over this guy!
You go girl!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I'm here! Good day all ... Been out of control busy at work but wanted to check in and say all is well on day 18! Anxiety is minimal and cravings are less. I think about drinking every day but I'm beginning to realize I probably will for the rest of my life. I have so much I want to post but time is limited for me during the week. Look out this weekend for some long winded posts from me! Ha ha!

SFMS- I too suggest going to the ER. I am worried about you as well. You say you need help and they will help you there. Blessings and I'm sending all the positive mojo I can muster.

Back at you guys later if I can stay awake long enough once I get home!

Peace and love to all!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Sobersunshine - that really sucks. I find relationships can be a terrible trigger. It's interesting that the only time he showed up was when you got a bit of sobriety under your belt. I know you're having cravings but it sounds like you're much better equipped to deal with them and him now. Hope all goes well. You sound strong. xx
Old 09-20-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Sobersunshine - glad to hear you are feeling strong! He's not worth ruining your happiness over, or your accomplishment.

SFMS, how are you doing?
Old 09-20-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Hanging by a thread. Want to forget fear and love life!!!! Even if my fear happens, I won't have wanted to waste this time. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. Words from Rent, the best musical ever. No day but today!!!! Rent changed my life before. Inspired me beyond words. Encouraged me to leave abuse and find. Life. So why not now? I live this moment as my last... There's only this, only tonight. No day but today. Ok now I need to live that!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I know this is a recovery site, and my brand of mental illness is beyond the scope of this board. And I want to thank each of you for supporting me. I am truly sick, but I do try to encourage and help others, and myself. You're all brave and awesome, be it twenty days or back to one. I love you all for your beauty and power. And I thank you all for your concern and care. I may be the little lost cause of the thread. But I feel part of something here, crazy or not. And I love this thread. Keep up the great work, my friends. You inspire the lost, and you're joining the living.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're not a lost cause SFMS - and in fact a lot of our members suffer from some kind of mental illness as well.

If you haven't checked it out, I hope you'll look at our Mental Health forum as well
Mental Health - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I know you have many trials - no shrink, fear of docs, small town, not many AA meetings...

The important thing is you keep trying to find solutions. You're moving on from where cutting or alcohol where your only solutions. You've come a long way already.

Answers are there somewhere. Sometimes it means facing fears or leaving our comfort zone but they're there. Don't give up

Sorry I didn't post to you Figgy - oversight. Welcome back

SoberSunshine - if you feel at all concerned, worried or threatened I think the right thing to do is to call the Police.

D
Old 09-20-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Dee, you inspire and help us so much, keep our threads going, and moderate. We would be lost without you. You rock!!!! I will check that forum when I get home from work in a couple hours. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks SFMS

There's also an anxiety one too

Anxiety Disorders - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

just a couple of extra arrows for your quiver

D
Old 09-20-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Day 4 almost done, and I am sober and relaxed.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

:-(
That is all