View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
jaz06

Groder, thank you so much, I am feeling better...at least as far as getting back on track. I could definitely use a nap right now tho, but I do remember when the energy kicked in & I loved it! I'll worry about catching up on laundry & housework when that happens.

Bumble, I'm so with you on the whole weight gain thing. I also have put on like 35-40 lbs...UGH! Doesn't exactly do much for the self confidence!! I had to be honest with myself & really add up the amount of calories I was consuming just because of what I drank. It added up to anywhere between 800 and almost 2000 calories DAILY! I've spent the last several years dieting, keeping track of food calories, & eating my body weight in salads, only to totally sabotage it by cracking open that bottle (or bottles) of wine at night, and then b***h & complain why I'm not losing weight. Funny how much I've been in denial & lied to myself in the past. That's something else that I'm doing my best to change, is being honest with myself. That's one of the first things that brought me here.

Think about all of you often...praying for everyone wherever you stand in your sobriety!