Notices

Class Of January 2012 Part 8

Old 09-12-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I FINALLY got the cleaning bug, everyone else got in the beginning. I have been organizing, going through closets, etc.
It is amazing how much I let go for so long b/c I was to busy getting wasted every chance I got.
It feels good to finally be making head way.

My daughter & I put up fall decorations.
It's nice to do little ordinary things... not drunk.
It's nice when she asks what I'm drinking, I don't have to lie.
It's nice to not worry if she gets sick in the middle of the night, if I'll even hear her.
Or to go to school/church functions at night & worry someone will smell alcohol on my breath. It's nice to be free & not feel like a hypocrite.
To have all these little blessings that add up to a life worth living to the fullest.

I'm so proud of our awesome class. We sooo rock!
1 year here we come
Old 09-12-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

PCL I love this time of year..time to decorate love love love it! I have been doing good, know cravings, lots of determination! My husband asked if we could go to a bar tomorrow so he could watch the football game (we don't have the expensive cable channels)...Hell no! (the 'hell' was exaggerated real long!!..lol)....Good Gawd...It's all good tho we have not been to a bar in years, I think he really wants to see the Bears vs. Green Bay...Anyways did alot of cleaning today Check in tomorrow morn....Night wonderful class mates♥
Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great post, PLC!! I used to always feel like a hypocrite, never again!
Tonight was the first choir rehearsal of the season and held at the director's home. They always have wine and in the past I was the only one who had more than one glass and then bought a bottle on the way home. I didn't mind not drinking tonight, it was a relief really. How nice to just enjoy the evening talking and laughing (and singing) without those worries and obsessions.
Have a wonderful Thursday class!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Since it's time to celebrate the changing of the seasons and our collective sobriety - tomorrow I am making caramel apples. Each one will have one of you all's initials on the stick. Each sale will bring a big hug and prayers for continued sober living from me to you. Ladies - I loved reading each of your posts above. Stop and realize how far we have travelled in a relatively short amount of time. It's amazing! Love, love, love you all!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks, Nel,Kat & NBC!!
Caramel apples with our initials??? You are so sweet & creative.
This time of year makes me so nostalgic....and I want to bake! Pumpkin cheesebars, banana nut bread, cinnamon apple crumb cake. Mmmmm!

Congrats on 8 months Dark Days!!!!
And a day early for NBC & me!!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats to you all on 8 month's!!!..Super job!!... I have been cleaning closets out getting ready for my garage sale next week! I got to hit the attic and go thru Christmas stuff I have way to much!...lol..Its funny I thin it out then next year I go garage selling and by more...oh well its fun.....PCL here are the pumpkins and apples to get you started on baking some yummy goodies, but you gotta share with us [IMG][/IMG]...[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-13-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Great to read everyone doing so well, your food sounds delish plc.
All good here also
Old 09-14-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Happy birthday to my soul sister PCL. 8 looks mighty fine on you! 2/3 of the way to one whole year. Staggering, isn't it (no pun intended!!) March on, beautiful - very proud of you!! :day1
Old 09-14-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congrats to NBC and PCL!! 8 months feels good doesn't it? And thanks NBC for the caramel apples, that's a real sweet thoughtful and symbolic gesture. TGIF to you all. It was a crazy day for me and I'm happy for the weekend. I'm glad things are good with you Seannie. Have a great weekend classmates!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

:day2Congrats on the 8 months PCL and NBC!!!
You gals rock. Just keep doin' what you're doin' cause you're doin' alright in my book!
So proud of you both. Love you xox
Old 09-14-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks NBC for the congrats thread, you my friend should be applauded more than I. I have huffed & puffed & whined & grumbled throughout the 8 months.
You, on the other hand, have done it gracefully & elegantly & inspirationally.

You have the best attitude

Hope EVERYONE has a great weekend!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good Saturday morning, everyone! Very rainy, drizzley morning here. First time in months the air has not been on. Being from Seattle I love the sound of rain - go figure

Grandson turns 5 tomorrow. One of my employees traded days off with me and I plan to drive up and join my family for his birthday. A year ago I drank the isolation and pain away - today I mapquest the route to their home. This, my friends, is what our struggles on this path are all about. Healing, happiness, and living free of our alcohol addiction. I for one, LOVE it!!

Wishing each of you a fantastic weekend filled with love, serenity, hope, and joy. Keep up the amazing work! Love and hugs, T
Old 09-15-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you've done amazingly PCL - as has NBC, and everyone else here, over the past 9 months or so...no matter what the day count might be, everyone reading this is still here and that's awesome

have a great weekend guys

D
Old 09-15-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

NBC, that made my day to hear you're going to your grandson's 5th bday. Those are precious days, for sure.
Relish in the simplicity of God's grace & love.
Enjoy your time & be careful in your travels.

Thanks Dee You are the best.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I am so happy for and proud of you guys on the 8 months, very well done.
Enjoy the party nbc
Old 09-15-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi guys been soo busy getting ready for my sale, I may not get on much this week....I hope eveyone has a great week coming up!♥....I hope to rid of my clutter and make lots of money!!!....Take care guys check in soon♥
Old 09-16-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Roadtrip!!! See you all tomorrow evening with a big ole birthday cake grin on my face. First totally sober outing in 12 years - what a feeling!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Awesome NBC!
Wishing you love, laughs & little sticky 5 yr old kisses!!
I'm so excited for you
Old 09-16-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work Nel & Seanie! You guys are doing fabulous!!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey class, wonderful posts! Congrats on the sober-time we all have regardless how much that is, the day today is the only one that matters :-) NBC, have a wonderful time with your family!

All good here at home, in fact more then good, fantastic! I love being here, love being sober and testing out old situations which would have made me want to drink in the past and just feeling the calmness of not having to. Each time I face such a challenge I know I have done it once and after that it is not a thing for me anymore. So just love being sober :-)

Have a wonderful Sunday class!