Old 09-25-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Nice pic nbc
Old 09-25-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Great to put a face to the name, I must try get one up
Old 09-25-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

faceit, you are doing brilliant, keep going and stay strong.
I agree with you we all just 1 away from going back to the **** that we don't wanna go.
I know I can't drink again, and in away I feel relieved that I have finally accepted that fact.
Love to all folks
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi class my mouth feels a little better, my poor dog is having ear issue trying a few things on him..poor baby;(.....NBC your pic. is beautiful! The face fits the heart we have been seeing here♥ ...Dee, no I hate to admit it but I don't really have a plan, I'm gonna make a dr. apt and go talk to him and get some labs done. I thougt maybe its time for a good scare again if thats what it takes..Frustrated with myself....Anyways I don't want to take up space by repeating things I have said in the last several weeks....love you all! Off to clean a little.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Nel, I'm sorry if I came across harshly. I really didn't intend to give advice or come off as if I was trying to tell you what to do. NBC, thank you for your post. I really struggled as I typed, and kind of felt I should have retracted my post. But my heart cried out to help Nel. Again, sorry if I offended anyone. This is the "fixer" coming out of me that I am working on daily. A long way to go...sigh.
Whatever you do Nel, know that you are in my prayers, as are all of my January family. xo
Old 09-25-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thougt maybe its time for a good scare again if thats what it takes..Frustrated with myself
I've done the rabbit in the oncoming headlights kind of drinking Nel...it's a kind of fatalism where you think, oh well I'll just hit my bottom...

Sometimes those bottoms are more than a scare.

I didn't deserve that kind of treatment/abuse I gave myself - and neither do you.

Slap yourself around - get proactive Nel - you're worth it

D
Old 09-25-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Look at us - loving, caring, compassionate, recovering, feeling, living, helping and hurting all at the same time. Sharing our feelings and reaching out to one another is a beautiful thing. We don't tuck tail and run any more. I suffer with foot in mouth disease. If I have overstepped my bounds, please know it was not done intentionally. Like FIAFI I want things fixed, only yesterday! Patience is still not part of my makeup. Stiving for progress, not perfection.

Faceitandfixit - I simply adore you. Thank you for being gracious, good, kind, and wise. Love and hugs, T
Old 09-25-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think being straight and telling the truth is what friends do.
It's particularly important on a site like this.

Doesn't mean we have to be brutal - but noone here has been anything but compassionate kind and understanding

You have a lot of people who care for you Nel - both here and the real world...remember that other people think you're worth it.

I hope you'll shake this off and believe it again too

D
Old 09-25-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Dearest Nel, I have an abundance of faith in you and if I can do it you can to. You know in your heart what you need to do and like Dee mentions a plan, a different plan then what you have done so far is needed.

Fixit, your words show a world of kindness and caring so never apologize for that, I hope you would do the same for me if I ever need it.

Take care wonderful class
Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Originally Posted by seanie1888 View Post
faceit, you are doing brilliant, keep going and stay strong.
I agree with you we all just 1 away from going back to the **** that we don't wanna go.
I know I can't drink again, and in away I feel relieved that I have finally accepted that fact.
Love to all folks
Thanks for this post Seanie! So happy to read of your "acceptance". For me, when I finally accepted that I could never take that first drink safely again, it became so much easier.
Good going, so proud of you! xo
Old 09-25-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

We all love Nel & each other. Our words are only spoken with love. We understand the struggle. We all understand the pain.
We only want the best for all of us. To be sober & free.

There is no happiness.... "real" happiness in alcohol.

Our words may seem a tad harsh, but when you see someone you love standing on the edge of darkness, you want to save them by whatever means you can.

Love & hugs to you all, beautiful family
Old 09-26-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

My dear wonderful class I never felt your words were harsh at all!!.. but words of love, understanding, caring, and sound advice on getting back on my sober path ....Its what I need, so please don't ever hold back because it will not help me...You say what you mean but your always kind about it and I appreciate it so much!!! Faceit I never felt your comment were harsh at all... I gotta agree with Seanie your are brillent and strong♥..Much love to you all♥...check in later
Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Great posts classmates, there's nothing more I could add. We all care a lot about you, Nel, don't give up the good fight. Like Dee said, you are worth it!
Nice to see your smiling face, NBC.
So right, Seanie, what a relief to accept that I can't drink again. I finally understand that "monkey off the back" saying!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 260 in about 30 min.

Got another frigging cold, this is ridiculous.

Starting to think I am picking these up at gym, when I was running outside never any probs.

Think I am going to give gym a miss and revert to running outside again.

Good to see you are well.

Cravings pretty quite , in fact they are getting so much easier to deal with, but one must always be on guard.

Jeans are getting pretty loose, feel very happy about that.

Nel, you can do this, you know you can.

One year peak is getting closer , onwards and upwards !
Old 09-28-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi ya kids! Seriously, can you believe this is the last weekend of September? Unreal to me how fast this year is going. Headed out Monday afternoon to spend a couple days with my grandkidlet. Wow, who'd a thunk that Grammi Tammi, sober, is kinda cool? Apparently Easton does, and that is all that matter to me! Oh Lord, what's next, flippin home movies of him? Say it's not so! ~laughs~ Time to slap on some warpaint and head to work. Soberliciousness for each and every one of us on this fabulous Friday. Love, hugs, and smiles.....T
Old 09-29-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm up early this rainy Saturday morning feeling great and energetic. I can't help but remember when I would wake up on a Saturday feeling depressed, anxious, fat, and nauseous, like a sick slug! I don't really have cravings anymore but Friday nights can be tougher for me and I'm grateful and proud of myself for having ignored that evil voice in my brain one more time. I'm grateful for SR and my classmate's help. Big virtual hugs to you all. Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

That's great Kat keep up good work, well done
Old 09-29-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Had a great day! Just checking in. Seems quiet here. Hope everyone is just busy with sober life
Old 09-29-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Kat - sick slug is way too visual! Being from Seattle, we have those gross things everywhere. My kids would pick them up when they were little - ever try to get slug goo off of anything? Not fun at all! Glad you are having less cravings on those Friday nights - you are doing so amazingly well!!

Hope it's a great weekend for everyone. End of month craptasticness at work. Always on pins and needles trying to hit my numbers and praying for sales. All good tho. Will check in tomorrow - love and hugs, T