# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2012 Part 3

We continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 12-25-2012, 03:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wanted to take a minutes to with everyone a wonderful holiday. And to thank you all for the support and encouragement you have given me. Today starts day 8 for me. Which means for the first time in over 15 years - I have one week of sobriety. I am so happy, but I am still a little shocked - I can't believe I made it this far. So many times I wanted to "just have one" but you guys kept me going. I cannot thank you enough.

I have written a note to my mother letting her know that I have a week of sobriety. She hasn't really nagged me about it, but I know she has been worried for a long time. I''m planning to give her the note as I leave dinner to read after I am gone. Yes, wussy - but I don't know if I can handle too much drama yet. So far only BF, doc and two others know about my attempt outside of you guys at SR.

I wish everyone a sober and safe holiday. I have many family obligations today, but will not drink and will check in often.
Vickie
Old 12-25-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas friends!

I am sober today 8 days - an accomplishment I could not have achieved without all of you. Thank you so much SR family for keeping me going and, more importantly, giving me a place to go. Life can be lonely and hard sometimes - especially during the holidays - you all have made it just that much brighter.

Enjoy your day...and your sobriety! It's nice to wake up without a hangover, isn't it?
Old 12-25-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fdm

Day 1 begins on Christmas morning. All of the open bottles are poured out. I still have one sealed one, but I will either give it away or put in my emergency preparedness stash.

I admit that I am resentful today. I have some family issues with my mother and father and other family members. I think it's pretty damn sorry that grandparents, regardless of how they feel about the parents, would shun their grandchildren for Christmas.

I cannot, will not, and shall not count on them or my extended family for anything. This has been building for years. I've seen greed, selfishness, and depression from my parents over the years, and I'm not participating in their drama.

Please keep me in your thoughts. I need to be "happy" today for my kids and in-laws.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the comment Mittens, you types the words right out of my fingers!

Happy Christmas all and thanks for your help, would have fallen off on Sunday night otherwise for sure and would still be pissed now and would probably be sweating it that the shops are shut and I'd be running low on supply by now, leading to frayed nerves, arguments and a crap Xmas.

Ma's coming over later and she's going to be pretty flipping shocked she'll find me conscious!

Ta all
Old 12-25-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well, 1.00pm still sober. not even tempted but better not tempt fate saying that
Old 12-25-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone. Day 2 here but sober and going to stay that way.

FDN im really p****d off at a lot of people (mostly myself) for stuff but have decided to just try to block all that out for now and concentrate on sobriety as I reckon its the only way i'll ever sort any of the other problems out. Well done for poring all the booze out, I cant have any around me either, especially not in my house where I did 90% of my drinking.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Congrats Mittens, Lulu and Napster. FDM you got this.

Day 10 for me, I'm going to hit a meeting at some point, they're doing an alco-thon here, 48 straight hours of meetings.

I talked to a friend at work yesterday who had told me before he quit drinking due to problems and yesterday we talked about AA and all. I was really comforting to hear and to see the peace on his face from it...

I need to find a sponsor and would like to do that soon, just not sure who to go about it. Any suggestions?

Merry Christmas for those who celebrate an have an awesome day for those who don't!
Old 12-25-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

FDM, I think a lot of us can relate on the family drama. I'm sorry it is happening to you. I am no stranger to family drama either and a few years ago decided to cut the toxic folks out. Now I'm trying to see things from their perspective... And to them I am the drama.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Its Christmas morning here. Merry Christmas everyone.

FDM - Day 1 - What a great Christmas gift to yourself and your kids!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

4pm nearly. Everyone else is having a drink but the odd thing is now I'm not drinking and not forcing copious amounts of drink on everyone else, they are drinking slowly and still on glass 1 over an hour later. It was me that always tried to make people drink more.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Made it through first round of christmas with my family and two sugar crazed nephews (5 and 3). I want a drink so bad right now! BF keeping me from slipping. Next stop - BF's sister's house. I will do this. I just wish I had more confidence behind that statement than I feel. Already thinking of how Icould sneak just one. BAD!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to the December class and everyone else here at SR! Thank you for the safe place and all the wonderful support and friendship !
Old 12-25-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

SOunds like a good day Ready.

Hang in there Mittens.

Hope all is well FDM
Old 12-25-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by TTBABP View Post
SOunds like a good day Ready.

Hang in there Mittens.

Hope all is well FDM
Hangin in there!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone!

We are knee deep in presents and candy here. My kids were up at 3 am we held them off until 7. It was so good to not have a hangover this morning! I can't remember the last Christmas I wasn't hung over from staying up and drinking while wrapping presents. I'm ready for a nap! Gotta get ready for Christmas with the in laws in a couple of hours.

Hope everyone has stress free and sober day!

Mittens, you can stay sober today! I'll be sending no drinking vibes your way. :ghug3
Old 12-25-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
p***enger

Merry Chirstimas, everyone! I can't believe I'm on day 9! I couldn't have done it without SR and this class and, of course, fabulous Dee!

Mittens, stay strong! no temporary relief is worth the world of pain you'd slip back into.

FDM congratulations on your resolution -- stick with it!

Lulu -- don't worry about the weight. I think I've gained too but that gives me a project to work on next week, when I'm a bit more stable and need exercise to keep me busy/distract my AV.

Citrus, I'm sorry for your family's loss. I'm glad you're sober & can be there for him.

Cat -- So sorry you're still under the weather!

Tamerua, enjoy your time with those littl'uns. Kids are good for the spirit.

Peacehappyness, so sorry you lost it over the weekend, but so glad you're back.

Everyone, be peaceful on this day (and the next, and the next...).
Old 12-25-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all ok and happy .

I have had a truly wonderful day :-)

Seriously..there was one moment where I thought 'why on earth do I think I need alcohol? Im yapping away..enjoying the moment..not shy or anything'

And the best part? Im not sat here depressed now..drinking even more.

Happy :-)
Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

coming to the end of Day 24, tested my new found urge surfing skills to the max while waiting for people to arrive this afternoon, have always found the waiting and first hour of having people round makes me very anxious and booze has always been completely rationalisable and freely available at this point.

stuck to the ginger beer and tea and one or two smokes and alls good so far. Completley agree with you ReadyAtLast, pretty much the same people here as last year, by this time 2011 we'd nailed several bottles of wine plus my kitchen vodka chugging and this year, only 2 bottles gone so far....

Makes you think....