Notices

Class Of September 2012

Old 09-04-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I'm here again, too. I joined last September but haven't had more than 15 days in a row sober though I've done that a bunch of times, have joined many different months.

But September is my favorite month, I want to remember all of this one. I was embarrased to admit I failed AGAIN, and was going to wait till I had a couple days of being sober before I came back here , but I'm afraid I'll just use that as another excuse if I didn't post.

I poured everything out so the house is alcohol free and I'm ready to get out of my head more and do things. When I drink I just hole up by myself. Then I just start down the pity party road. I know it's going to be tough but dammit this time I'm going to make it work. I cannot wake up one more day like today--hating myself and what I'm doing.
I'm not an AA'er. But I'm toying with going to a meeting anyway. Screw it, why not if it might help, right?
Old 09-04-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome illuminate, inspiredbyu TTBABP dbskid - and welcome back WWG Jim elihoping and Samwitch

I definitely think doing something different is the key guys

D
Old 09-04-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Doing something different today: check.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

DBskid - You can do it! Failure is not an option Samwitch - I would avail yourself to any and all means of support available. I had been attending AA, but am still feeling a little ill after a nasty illness. "Doing things differently" - it really does come down to that. It means making sobriety your full-time job. Support is essential.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

right: support--got it! Thanks everyone.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I back also, joined in January, made 4 months drank month, off 2 again drank and now sober from Sept 1.
Really that was my last drinking.
We all can do it.

Love out
Sean
Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Well as of 5:43pm today, I am 24 hours sober. I am miserable!! I didnt make it to the meeting I was planning on going to, I was just to ill to drive. This "odd" feeling in my head just comes & goes in waves. One minute I feel like my brain is short circuiting, the next its tolerable. I am in a daze.. I know that I am in for a rough night & I am scared to face it. Does anyone know how long this will last? I never thought I would see 24 hours sober!!! I am just sick of being a drunk!!
Old 09-04-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really recommend you see a Dr if you feel too ill to go anywhere or concerned about your health Michelle.

D
Old 09-04-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Back again

Hi All,

Was in the July class but slipped up in August. I cut back A LOT but it's not enough. Have to quit altogether - so here I am back at Day 1 AGAIN.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back to you too LWB

D
Old 09-04-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me... Heading to a rehab center right now to be assessed. Plan on doing intensive out patient program along with meetings. I'm nervous but excited as well. I'm so ready to gain back my sanity. All ready after 3 days sober my thinking is better. Thanks for this thread!
Old 09-04-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like a great move sunnyflower - good luck!

D
Old 09-04-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I think coming back again and again, after slipping up is a sign of determination, of not giving up. I know that's how I feel. Of course, ideally we are here for good, and make sobriety part of our life, a non-negotiable. I am winding down day 6, and it was a close call. At work, late afternoon, the very thought of going home and not having a beer or a glass of wine to reward myself, seemed totally unfair. My voice kept telling me that I deserve it, that I'll only have one or two and so I'll feel fine tomorrow, no big deal. Wow, how our minds can play tricks on us!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Fdm

Time to pour mine out. Wish me luck.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good Luck, FDM, you can do this!

Forabetterlife-thank you-I don't want to give up.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day one again for me as well as so many of you. What scares me is figuring out what to do different this time to make it stick since the first thousand times didn't. I am hoping talking to others that understand will be what I need. I can't talk about being an alcoholic with my husband that has a kegerator. He doesn't get it. He just tells me I'm fine, that I had a bad night, I need to cut down. For the first time, I am saying I am not fine. I have to stop drinking and ruining my life, my health and my relationships.

Good luck to the rest of everyone out there. Hope we can share tips and strength.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Hi Peprokket,

EVERYTHING you said is exactly what's going through my mind. What can I do differently since it didn't stick the first thousand times. And I'm in the same boat - I've said to my husband I'm an alcoholic - he's one too. But he keeps saying "no you're not". Well yes I am, sooooooo I keep trying to move forward.

I guess the first step is wanting to stop, the next steps are figuring out how. SR has been a God-send so I know we're going in the right direction by posting here. I guess we have to look at the bigger picture to see how we can get more support. I keep thinking about AA meetings but just can't get the nerve up to go. I know that sounds silly but it's the way I feel at the moment. Maybe one day it'll happen. Until then I guess we just keep moving forward one baby step at a time...

Here's to us all finding the strength - here at SR and within ourselves!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the new September Members! I am on the close of day five and have found this site to be a lifeline. Posting here daily (sometimes multiple times) has really helped me. I have even joined the August Class, as I officially quit onthe 31st (I was also very hungover for most of the day).

LWB and Peprokket - my husband's response was very similar, except he added in that I am less pleasant to be around when I am sober. Don't let their actions or opinions (unsolicited and otherwise) shake your resolve!

Panacea
Old 09-04-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Congrats on Day 5 Panacea! And thanks for the kind words. My brother-in-law and a good friend of mine are the same. They say I'm way more fun when I'm drunk - too bad I'm a total hag the next day when I'm hungover. Mind you they don't have to put up with me then - my poor husband does.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Another day down. Today was pretty good, tried eating a lil healthier today and drinking lots of water. grateful for this site