# 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone's doing OK...I've not had a chance to catch up yet

D
Old 08-21-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Shotgun!

Woot!

Been waiting for you to come back Dee That ride on that other thread was getting long... like a trans-Pacific flight with a snotty nosed kid kicking at the back of your seat all through the night

How ya feeling buddy?
Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Deserto View Post
Shotgun!
Great. Now we'll have Dawg drool all over the seats. While Dee is still catching up, I'll drive. And for goodness' sake, Dweller, don't hang your head over the door when we're moving!

elephant-driving-car.jpg
Old 08-21-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks for the welcome back guys - I'll still be part time for a while - I've had a really bad infection going on...need to take it easy for a bit

D
Old 08-21-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FrenchPink View Post
Great. Now we'll have Dawg drool all over the seats. While Dee is still catching up, I'll drive. And for goodness' sake, Dweller, don't hang your head over the door when we're moving!

Attachment 17230

FP. You have a serious case of elephantitis...worst I have ever seen. It's time for me to write another journal paper ... Perhaps fot JAMA. We can call it something like "The etiology and treatment of the rare pink elephantitis among French horn playing humans of indeterminate gender".

Tee hee!

:rotfxko
Old 08-21-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Deserto View Post
Shotgun!

Woot!

Been waiting for you to come back Dee That ride on that other thread was getting long... like a trans-Pacific flight with a snotty nosed kid kicking at the back of your seat all through the night

How ya feeling buddy?
I'm glad to be done with the last thread too....nothing like fresh starts!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Weeeeeee. New thread. Feeling good but parents tiring me out and stressing a little. Ran my fastest 5 miles today. Signed up for half marathon.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

If I'm not here and you go over 500 posts you can always PM Carol or Anna guys

D
Old 08-21-2012, 05:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hope you get well soon Dee. We've missed you.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
thanks for the welcome back guys - I'll still be part time for a while - I've had a really bad infection going on...need to take it easy for a bit

D
I hope you feel better soon, Dee. Big hugs of love to you, buddy.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
FP. You have a serious case of elephantitis...worst I have ever seen. It's time for me to write another journal paper ... Perhaps fot JAMA. We can call it something like "The etiology and treatment of the rare pink elephantitis among French horn playing humans of indeterminate gender".
Still poking a stick at the Mammoth, beloved iPad G-ma? I did have a friend take that shotgun photo in black and white to mask my pulchritudinous pinkitude for you.

Speaking of medical, after a few days I caught myself doing what I always do when faced with emotional or physical trauma... withdrawing too far into my thoughts from everyone and everything. I had rustle up my courage to call the second doctor's office today for a consultation on options and scheduling a surgery date. I spent the morning saying the description and reason for my major procedure out loud to myself to desensitize and stay composed on the phone when making the appointment. My next hurdle will be tomorrow when the first doctor calls back to discuss test results further. Hurdle after that is next week for the face-to-face consultation with the surgeon. That will likely be a time of my inconvenient waterworks. I hate doing that; it's so embarrassing and I get so angry with myself. I wish I could do this damned surgery now and have the whole ordeal over with.

On another note: Rock, later this afternoon when I read that you did your awesome 3 mile run today, it pulled me out of my funk and back into the gym after several days of Pach slackin'. Thank you, exercise sobermate. I needed that mood booster. You're the best.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Dee, if we could give back to you how much you have given to us these past 3 months, you would be completely healed by now.

Thank you for your wise words, your guidance and for keeping us all on track. I hope you know that ALL of our thoughts are with you as you battle this infection.

If we can only have you part time, then so be it. Rest and do everything you need to do to heal the infection.

We love you.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey FP, seriously I was just trying to get a chuckle out of you!

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing. It sounds like facing the reality of whatever is happening to you is very difficult! You will get through this. I know that even those of us who are very strong most of the time have our difficult moments. But I think I can say from personal experience that you will find a way to deal with this and get through it. Please remember that you are not alone! You have a whole boatload of sober May boaters to support you whatever happens. You can let us know what you need...whether it's cheering you up or holding your hand or reminding you that getting through this sober is a far better alternative to the other. We can be your strength when you need it.

If you want it, I can PM you my phone # if you feel that you need/want voice support.

Hang in there my favorite French horn playing pink elephant (you are fine just the way you are!)

Cheers,
IPad G-ma

Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThursdayNight View Post
Dee, if we could give back to you how much you have given to us these past 3 months, you would be completely healed by now.

Thank you for your wise words, your guidance and for keeping us all on track. I hope you know that ALL of our thoughts are with you as you battle this infection.

If we can only have you part time, then so be it. Rest and do everything you need to do to heal the infection.

We love you.
Thursday Night, you Have a wonderful way of expressing yourself in a way that is clear and very well spoken so I will content myself with seconding your sentiments to Dee!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Jeni, I hope you're getting more sleep tonight!

Jane, you are awesome and so strong! First you became sober and now you are knocking off those exams so well. Congratulations! I'm so glad you are sharing these great accomplishments with us!

Em, you have a lot on your plate right now. Change is rarely easy even when it is positive. You will get through this with the help of your higher power and your friends - especially our dynamite May boaters!

To everyone: this is a totally amazing group. The support on this thread is incredible and we all support each other

Old 08-21-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the kind thoughts TN and everyone

catching up slowly - congratulations to everyone hitting milestones, hugs to those who are finding the going rough, and best wishes to you FP for whats coming.

D
Old 08-21-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

To everyone: this is a totally amazing group. The support on this thread is incredible and we all support each other
I totally agree, Saskia!

It's an honor to be a part of this group. I love the sharing, the wisdom, and the counseling of our May Boaters.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Hey FP, seriously I was just trying to get a chuckle out of you!

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing. It sounds like facing the reality of whatever is happening to you is very difficult! You will get through this. I know that even those of us who are very strong most of the time have our difficult moments. But I think I can say from personal experience that you will find a way to deal with this and get through it. Please remember that you are not alone! You have a whole boatload of sober May boaters to support you whatever happens. You can let us know what you need...whether it's cheering you up or holding your hand or reminding you that getting through this sober is a far better alternative to the other. We can be your strength when you need it.
Thank you, Saskia. I most certainly did get a kick out of your elephantitis jab.

I won't clog up our thread with lots of my weepy surgery posts, as I know that the subject is not helping anyone with our goal of remaining sober. I also feel very strong in my sobriety now... I'm not sure where I'm going with this thought, except to say that I'm not good at asking for emotional support, nor am I comfortable in receiving it. With all of you, it provides a safe place for me to practice and test out many emotions that I've either stuffed away for decades or maybe never experienced at all. Here, even if I screw up, I'm still welcomed back. That's an indescribable feeling of security... and that is new to me.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This is totally off topic, but Saskia I once had a friend from Nederland named Suskia.

Is your SR name Dutch?