I added a bit LOL

D
Old 07-30-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

He he yes I noticed. I tend to be of the same opinion as you
Old 07-30-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Tail between my legs....I'm returning

I'm back, and want to be part of July. I was here before (and for right now, I'll keep that anonymous, as I'm borderline ashamed). But, glad to take the first step back in the right direction.

I cannot make promises to anyone but myself. I have to do this for me first, and every one else will reap the benefit.

Alcohol can control so much if we allow it. For those who try moderation, it may work for you. And that is great. But, for those who it doesn't work for (myself included), we have to keep trying.

Good luck every one on your journey. A day at a time....an hour at a time...a minute at a time....a second at a time - do what it takes. I'll need you to get through this, and I hope I can help in return.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Welcome back to July Marjoram! Bit by bit...
Old 07-30-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Marjoram

D
Old 07-30-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Soon we're not gonna be the new kids anymore. YEAH!!!

It feels like I'm graduating.

Good to read everyone's stories on here.

I bought my fish tank and buying the fish tomorrow.

So far I haven't drunk over 100 beers.

For some reason the Alain de Botton quote I read yesterday amused me.
"After all, you only need to achieve autonomy from your parents, find a moderately satisfying job, form a relationship, perhaps raise some children, watch the onset of mortality in your parents' generation and eventually in your own, until one day a fatal illness starts gnawing at your innards and you calmly go to the grave, shut the coffin and are done with the self-evident business of life. Who needs help with that? It's simple"
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck with the fish KB

D
Old 07-30-2012, 11:10 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Morning all

Sorry to hear of your problems Dee and LWB-thanks for your thoughts on putting things in perspective

It's the last day of July. I feel quite sad but will continue to use this thread, not making the same mistake I made last time.I hope everyone continues to check in and we all look back and say that was the month we quit drinking forever

Thanks classmates for all your support

I've just bought a new book-Tolle-'The power of now' I need to start changing my thought processes, be more positive, move on from the past and not worry about the future.

Have a good day everyone.x
Old 07-30-2012, 11:23 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Morning all - on the last day of July! Where did that go?!

What is it with plumbing problems? My washing machine is about to die I fear. Last night was spent trying just to get one load done, twice it didn't spin and the door wouldn't unlock, 3rd cycle lucky and complete stress for me I finally got clean clothes and managed to get them out. Gave up and went to bed as soon as it was finished before I could get to mode!

Enjoy the fish KB!

Welcome Marjoram.

I've learned something new BB, I didn't know vanilla extract had alcohol in either. Not that I have any in my cupboard... Def look out for the alc free stuff if it will ease your mind. Hope your ear get's better soon, that sounds mighty painful!

Sorry to hear about your troubles lwb, that sounds mean of your SIL! I know we didn't invite you but here's the pics anyway. Hope you are ok.

katan, glad you didn't succumb to the AV, congrats on what will now be day 20, soon to be 3 weeks! Bet you're glad you didn't throw all that away

Hope you are feeling good today Obladi.

Hope you arm is on the mend JHE.

Congrats on 30 days Ampsmarie, brilliant month for you! Congrats on 2 weeks too Sentso - amazing, really pleased for you.

Congratulations everyone else - I can't scroll down to see any more messages! So apologies to anybody I have missed.

I spent a lot of time yesterday on the SMART website, reading through and reading their tools. Found out the newcomers meetings are voice chat, which is a shame as I'll never get one of those done with DD around, I can't even talk to the electricity company on the phone without her wanting to say hello! So I'll throw myself into the general text meetings. 6am ones are looking favourite if I can sneak down.

Better get my skates on, I'm out in just over an hour to pick up a friend and head out to an indoor play centre.

Have a great day all, here's to finishing July sober!!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Morning morning everyone!

Welcome (back) Marjoram!

Beerbottles, how did your get your eardrum perforated? I'm sorry for you, I hope you get better soon. Reading all the messages is a great source of inspiration for me too, although I don't reply to everyone.

jhe, I hope you feel better soon too! I hurt my back recently because I went running too often, too quickly, but it's ok now. Hated it, a backpain is horrible, I realized it.

Thank you guys for all the nice messages.
Day 15 today, and I feel better than a few days ago, and I've been thinking a lot about the "urge surfing" message or the "Stop thought" text you sent MTN. Also after the studio yesterday I met a friend I hadn't seen in a while, and we talked a lot, and it felt good.

I'm feeling stronger and I'm starting to have some new (though not precise for the moment) musical ideas that should lead me in another direction. So we'll see.

Tonight there's a little party at the studio, so that's gonna be another tricky situation (ah ah another one, I can't believe how many there are, all the time) but I'm not too worried about it.

Ok, got to get going again! Have a good day everyone, stay strong and sober!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 15 sentso

D
Old 07-31-2012, 03:19 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Good morning all!

Went to work, worked, came home, slept, woke up, read the avrt crash course, slept.
Glamour all the way, baby.

Ok, marjoram and everyone else, let's go.
Tails held high, we walk proudly out of July!

I will never drink again - and I will never change my mind.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:57 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Welcome Eddie to the July class, stick around for some time, read the posts - post when you want to, all that is important is that you are happy and sober!

Best wishes on this journey!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good Morning to every one on this last day of July.

I slept rather well last night after reading about AVRT. I'm going to give that concept a whirl. I do have some books from AA as well (even though I never attended, but purchased online), that I will have to put my nose into again. They helped before, I'm sure they will help again.

As in the past in my readings when here, I know that every one has a different situation, and every one reaches their goal a little differently. But, we all have the same problem with our addiction, and we all want to reach that same goal. There is no right or wrong way, and there is no failure. The fact we are here trying to improve our lives is showing we want to stop.

So, I decided I will never drink again. I'm thinking about tomorrow, next week, the engagement party I have to go to for my Godchild in less than two weeks, the concert I'm gong to the following, etc. I've decided if I'm never to drink again those concerns are not concerns. They are times I get to celebrate with a clear mind and no booze googles on. When things are bad, I will have to face them with a cup of tea or a glass of water.

I'm looking forward to this journey with my classmates here (even it took me to the end of the month to get a grip), and with the other wonderful people here on SR. To those that have just joined recently, they are a great group. I wish I would have stuck with them in the past. But, I'm glad to be here again.

Congrats to those that are here, have made progress, and are inspiring others to do the same.

I'll do my best to learn every one here. Your stories, where you came from and be here for you when you need a shoulder. It's comforting to know you'll be here to hold me up when I need it as well.

On to work - have a great sober day every one.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

You'll be fine at the party Sentso because you're going to see July out sober right?

Glad to hear you sounding so positive Obladi. I'm still waiting for my RR book, apparently it's on the way...

I'm sure the books will help Marjoram, I'm not sure if I'm following a plan at the moment, or if I am it seems to be a bit of a mixture of everything!

I'm still struggling with the school hols. DD didn't have a good time this morning, she's just been really cranky today. She wasn't the only one though, so I'm not going to take it personally. She's asleep now. 2pm here, there was a time I'd be thinking goodo early start - just a couple of glasses of wine, plenty of soda, nothing wrong with that... Yeah right.

Instead I've just roasted a pork tenderloin for dinner later. I've never done one before so wasn't too sure how it would come out. The bits i've already picked off seem to be ok!

I'm going to read and relax for a while. I'm hoping the weather stays dry(ish) so we can get out and do something later, even just a walk. I'm feeling a bit frustrated within these 4 walls in the evenings and I know where that monotonous feeling is going to lead my thoughts.

Hope you all continue to have a great day!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Marjoram... there's no shame in coming back... you're back - that's all that counts. I've been on here since Oct 2010... and now it July 2012 and I'm finally getting it straight! I hope

JHE... just because it's the end of the month doesn't mean that the thread disappears It may move though.... We all quit in July so, we stay in July's thread.

Hi everyone else! Let's close July with a big sober BANG!
Gotta get some work done... working from home is kind of nice.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
TiG

Good morning my sober friends. Great posts again, so thanks for those. Welcome Marjoram! Good job recommitting, we need you here.

Day 17 for me. Not much on my mind really. I do keep a simple log in Excel. It was my running log, then it just morphed into counting days sober with some simple notes for each day. It's fun. I highlight the cells in a nice color for days sober, and the sheet is growing everyday. I've lost about 3lbs, but I'm snacking more, which I assume is to be expected as I wean from the bottle. All in all, I'm feeling strong and proud of everyone here for fighting the good fight. Hopefully we can get a few more posters yet today for the class of July 2012. Have a great day!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Wink Day 3

This is Day 3 for me. May I join this group? How does this work?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Smile July...where did it go?!

I know I don't usually post long notes (except for the last one) but I wanted everyone to know that I do read every single post that is written - especially this month.

I stumbled a few times in July but it was all of your posts that got me back on track. Although we've never met face to face, I'm honoured to have met you all and look so forward to continuing these wonderful, enlightening and inspiring conversations.

Sober really is the new cool! Luv you guys!!