Notices

Class of May 2012 Pt 7

Old 07-13-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Thursday, your avatar of the day is so adorable.
A FrenchPink poser or a kitten hiding from the crazy Junior Cat Lady Officers?
Or maybe one of 2nd Mom's cats has taken a fancy to FrenchPink and is sending subtle adoption hints.
Hope you are doing well Thursday. I love reading your posts, you have such a kindness within your words, and such an amazing sense of humor!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Mozart Morse Code.

FP, name that tune:

Dunt.
Dun Dunt.
Dun dunt dun dun dun dun...

Dunt.
Dun Dunt.
Dun dunt dun dun dun dun.....
Old 07-13-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Thank you Pink!

I was going to send everyone a private message to have a cat avatar today just to kid with FP, but I chickened out.

Dee was with me in spirit (Dee must have ESP) for the first half of the day.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThursdayNight View Post
Thank you Pink!

I was going to send everyone a private message to have a cat avatar today just to kid with FP, but I chickened out.

Dee was with me in spirit (Dee must have ESP) for the first half of the day.
That's really funny! I had planned to switch to a cat avatar today and got a phone call in the middle and never got back to it

Probably another day.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Administrator

People were concerned I was grumpy Thursday...but I'm no grumpier than usual

I just like grumpy cats

D
Old 07-13-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

SJD. Ok, I got the message . I am officially checking in! I'm doing well, had a very good day that was especially lazy. I stopped counting days because I hate anniversaries for a number of reasons (for myself, that is - I don't mind them for others). I am satisfied with my progress which I feel you all have contributed to.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

To Luling on her 30th!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

"I was going to send everyone a private message to have a cat avatar today just to kid with FP"

Oh my goodness Thursday!! Hilarious idea! I would have been so onboard
Old 07-13-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Just got back from our trip to find that our house was robed. The back door wa busted in - everything in dissatisfied - my jewelry gone. I am praising god that my pets were still in the house. I feel sick to my stomach.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

OMG I am so sorry!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Payton, I am so sorry. I am so glad you, your family and your pets are all safe.
What a horrible thing to happen, such a violation of your life.
Hugs and love to you Payton.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Payton - but I'm really glad your pets are ok.

D
Old 07-13-2012, 08:15 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Payton View Post
Just got back from our trip to find that our house was robed. The back door wa busted in - everything in dissatisfied - my jewelry gone. I am praising god that my pets were still in the house. I feel sick to my stomach.
Oh, my goodness, Payton! I am so sorry to hear that. How awful and frightening. I'm glad you, your family, and your pets are okay. Heck of a way to come back home after being away. Hugs to you, sweetheart.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by ThursdayNight View Post
Thursday, you're such a prankster. Here's a glimpse of my daily duties...

toomanycats.jpg
Old 07-13-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Payton, so sorry to hear that your were robbed! Glad your pets are ok.

FP, how do you cross that room? Do you have to floss the squashed kitties from between your elephant toes when you get back home?

Day 63 here. Ups and downs but sober ones....
Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Oh Payton, how horrible for you. I've had that experience too and it feels such a violation of your personal space. I'm sending you a big hug and lots of love xxxx

Day 50, sober and filled with enormous gratitude to everybody who has supported me thus far xxx
Old 07-13-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Sorry for all of the typos earlier, autocorrect got to me.

I am DEVASTATED. In some act of God my cats were still in the house and fine when we got home, even though the back door and wall have been destroyed. Hotels are all booked up and we are surrounded by drunken freaks at the Quality Inn. We're out in the hallway and the baby is sleeping and the front desk was just calling our room. It also appears that they stole our pack n play in addition to all of my jewelry. Sad part is that this junkie has probably spent everything they got already. This hotel that is a piece of ****. I feel like it's the setting for a horror movie. The baby is sleeping but now there is a ********* alcoholic across the hall from me asking me how to get a hooker, saying he couldn't find any hookers in the phonebook, and trying to get me into his room. I'm sitting in the hall on the laptop while husband is at CVS getting earplugs because the couple in the room next to us has consumed 2 six packs of hard lemonade and woodchuck (barf) and they are getting sloppy and slappy and the guy across the hall is telling us he wants to get multiple hookers because he won the lottery (wtf). This must be rock bottom. How did I go from Norman Rockwell suburbia to this? Ryan has a job interview for the second firm job on Wednesday. He'd better f-ing get one of these jobs. He is making all kinds of declarations - he'll replace all of my jewelry only it will be nicer, I can get a dog, we'll get a security system, etc etc. Precious heirlooms are gone forever. I am just on my knees with thankfulness that my kitties are ok and didn't get out in this coyote country - they are declawed and I think they would not have lasted this long. We had a lady coming every day to care for them - this happened at 3 am last night because my neighbors insane monster dog was flipping out and they said they had to drag him inside by the collar. The police said that this is probably why they didn't stay longer. Husband has expensive guitars and they didn't steal any electronics. And on top of all of this they appear to have stolen our pack n play (wtf?) so the baby is sleeping on a totally ****** pack n play which probably has jizz stains on it. I have not had any alcohol though I wanted to drink my face off. I ended up taking some Xanax but I feel this is an actual occasion where taking my prescribed dose is reasonable otherwise I'd be having a heart attack.
I'm surrounded by drunks right now. A girl just collapsed on the floor in front of the elevator.

My daughter is sleeping on a dirty ass wool blanket in a 200 year old pack n play.

I am just so upset right now. Recounting what was stolen for the insurance company was just painful. Especially a bracelet I was given to wear in my wedding and a necklace that my husband gave me after finishing grad school.

Last week when I saw my therapist I was discussing how far we fell financially - how at one point I drove around and told myself, this is where I live now, I had just better accept myself as one of these people now - I'm broke as hell and living with freaking junkies begging near the end of my block - and she said you are NOT those people - well guess what, I am. I am someone who gets robbed and lives in this ****** place and lost everything. I am so sick of all of this!!!! Thanks for listening.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:46 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Payton -

try and breathe tho...and try and remember this is not your future it's just a temporary measure.

I know how violated scared and angry you must feel, but the important thing is you and your family and your pets are alive and well.

You can absolutely definitely come back from this point.

I hope you can find a nicer place to stay too
Old 07-13-2012, 10:49 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

You are NOT one of those people. Being forced to live alongside them doesn't change you.
When will you be able to move back home do you think?
Are you able to get hold of your therapist to talk over these developments?
This is awful for you, I think I would need to pack up the kids and move somewhere safe until you are able to get back home, even if it is a bit of a journey for you.
I don't know your circumstances, but have you any family or friends you could stay with? I remember your parents are a long way from you.
So wish I could help xxx
Old 07-13-2012, 10:52 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Administrator

remember your sig Payton - you and your family will be ok

D