continues from here...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-6-a-20.html

D
Old 07-03-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I overslept this morning, which is what happens when you stay up until some ungodly hour with your 13-year-old, watching a movie followed by America's Got Talent. It was fun though; the movie was great, and I enjoyed hanging out with my daughter. (Another nice evening, brought to you by Sobriety) Of course I missed yoga this morning; I woke up in time, but I couldn't escape the bed magnet's mighty pull.

Oh yeah, it's day 20 for me, unless I miscounted. Last weekend aside, I'm finding this is getting a little easier most of the time.

Hey Emily, happy day 30!!!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Checking in to let my sober boater friends know all is well.
My husband and I have been catching up with each other as well as with our kids.
I still feel pretty confidant about being able to get through daily cravings for alcohol. But still do not have the ability to say without question I will never drink again. I imagine each day sober is one day closer to a life time of sobriety. I can do one day sober. Maybe I can do a lifetime.
I have been keeping up with reading everyone's posts, learning and laughing along the way.
When my kids were very young and 'testy', I used to repeat to myself…patience, love and kindness, patience, love and kindness…to keep myself on a positive footing with them.
I find myself needing to hear those words again, this time for myself as I struggle to stay sober.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leemzer View Post
Shotgun!
Damn! That's what happens when you turn off the alarm clock instead of hitting snooze....
Old 07-03-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Leemzer View Post
Shotgun!
What the...????!!! Dammit, Lee!!!

angryelephant.jpg

Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MILESTONE DAY 30, EMILY!!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations to Emily on day 30 and Luling on day 20!
Wishing everyone a great night!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm going off the grid for a few days to enjoy fireworks at the Oregon coast. Have a great 4th all!

Stay sober my friends :-)
Old 07-03-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Emily--30 days is a HUGE accomplishment. Congrats! Luling, 20 days is huge as well. I can remember when 3 weeks seemed to be an impossibility.

So I am not concerned about the 4th of July at all even though it was a trigger holiday for me. I mainly was wild when I was younger but not so much as I hit 35 or so.

Everyone say strong and have a great holiday...and for the non-US mates among us, happy week to you!
Lee
Old 07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. As I said, I couldn't have done it without you folks, and the people in AA.

Luling - congrats on day 20

Pink - we all forget to be nice to ourselves, and we really need to do that. Good on you for being able to resist the cravings.

To all our American classmates, have a happy 4th of July. And to everybody, good night and sleep well. I'm glad to be here... grateful to be here.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tonight's husband report: he's going walking instead of drinking. A few days ago I summarized for him what I had read about urge surfing, not trying to push it on him but just telling him what was keepIng me away from the bottle, and hoping he would want to try it.

It would be nice if we could both do this. He's probably not as bad as I was, but it was still too much. I'm trying to leave him alone about it but just encourage him by letting him go walk or whatever he needs to do to unwind.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Luling: Congratulations on your 20 days today!!! Terrific that your husband is joining you in your sobriety. Great that you're allowing him the space to accomplish it in his own way.

Pink in a poke buddy: Wonderful that you're staying sober! We all understand your struggles with this, but you always have our full support.

To all of my incredible May mates, thank you for keeping me sane and alcohol free. Have a lovely July 4th and stay strong in this full-trigger holiday. I'll be around, as living by the sea is my built-in staycation. Hugs to all!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Luling - you seriously rock! You are a wonderful wife and mother. It's so nice to read your posts about your family life. You are supportive, funny, humorous.... your husband is a very lucky man. I got such a kick out of the "hell freezes over" and "Loch Ness monster" news. It looks like things are really evolving in your world. Lead by example, I say. And so it is.

HRB, you are on my mind.

Wishing all my U.S. Mayans a "safe and sane" (as the Red Devil Fireworks box used to say) Happy Independence Day! For those who like a bit of nostalgia on the 4th, rent the movie "Pollyana" with Haley Mills. Wonderful movie, whether you are kid or an adult.

Goodnight all. Back to reading Rational Recovery!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

What the...????!!! Dammit, Lee!!!

FP, would you teach me how to insert a picture? There are SO many times a visual pops up in my head (I'm weird that way) and I want to insert it into the text.

Christ, I'm feeling old. I'm sure Emily can whip a video insert by the time I figure things out.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

. You are supportive, funny, humorous
Great. I proofread for a living and didn't catch that "funny, humorous" meant the same thing.

Thank god SR is not my employer.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by ThursdayNight View Post

FP, would you teach me how to insert a picture? There are SO many times a visual pops up in my head (I'm weird that way) and I want to insert it into the text.
Hey, Thursday.

Inserting a picture:
o Save a picture on your computer.
o From your Post window, select the Go Advanced button at the bottom.
o Click on the tiny arrow next to the paperclip icon in the Post toolbar.
o In the Manage Attachments popup, click the Browse button.
o Select the pic from your computer and click Open.
o Click the Upload button in the Manage Attachments popup.
o Wait for it to load, and then close the popup.
o From the Post window, select the arrow next to the paperclip icon and click on your attached pic.
o Done!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yaaaaay! Thanks, FP!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Having a really weird day. I'm saving my gas so I can go see my family tomorrow so I've been riding my bike everywhere. Which has been amazing and that just feels so good. People on bike paths are also very friendly it's nice saying hi to everyone you pass.

But it's making me physically exhausted I can't seem to stop eating tonight and the physical exhaustion is turning into emotional exhaustion and I keep crying and getting upset over stupid stupid things. The big thing is that my chemistry professor is a dick because I went in for help and he completely blew me off. Basically made me feel like an idiot for asking him such a simple question so he barely helped me at all. So I've been trying to do this homework all day, on my own and trying to learn it online and then crying over it because I don't get it. So I've decided to blow it off take the F and maybe ask my dad about it tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Professors can be the same the world over...

I'm not sure how the US system works ... do you have anything like tutors (post graduates/teaching aides) you can ask...or one of your classmates Flic?

D