Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 5

Old 05-07-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Happy Monday all! I hope everybody had a good weekend. Mine was pretty good. So far the pain is manageable. So glad to be off the pain meds. I didn't like being on them again and after a month and a half I just couldn't take them anymore. Painkillers was one of my DOC and it just wasn't doing me any good mentally to be on them.

Have a good week.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Been out of town and missed my 22 month "pat my own back" happy face
Old 05-08-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

good on ya murr!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Murray

D
Old 05-08-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Just a funny story today .

I bring in bagels from panera because I was in a good mood this morning and wanted to do something nice for my co-workers, right?

The big boss (and part owner) comes in and says..."did I miss something?" (looking all beady eyed at my manager and me). We're like...no. I said "I just wanted to be appreciative of all of my co-workers, is that so wrong of me?" Of course, I said this with a smirk on my face and he knew I was being completely sarcastic, which is usual of my nature. He looks back and as quick as a hummingbird says "You know I think I need to have Quiggly (our policy guy) change our harrassment policy to read 'cannot be overly appreciative' instead of 'overly affectionate' because this clearly goes too far. By the way...be careful where you spread that cream cheese."

Then he walks out.

My manager and I look at each other and bust out laughing so hard....

I don't get paid much at all here...anywhere near where I should be but it's moments like this that make it priceless.

Have a good day everyone .
Old 05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

I love bagels from Panera's. The cinnamon crunch is so good.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Not good today....
First headache. . All on the side that the T/N bothers me too. I was fine this morning. Heck, I was fine 10 minutes ago, even. This hit me very suddenly all in the same places that the trigeminal neuralgia always bothered me. UGH.
Two a day on my Lyrica may not work afterall.

BOGUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/frustrated.

Wow man....this is really severe really quick too. Awesome. Anyone got a hammer?
I guess I'll give it a couple days and see if this was a fluke or not.
I have a sinking suspicion it was not though. I don't believe in coincidences. $#&*(#. I was feeling so good mentally...and my weight. I could cry.

I refuse to cry.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

I just had to share this with someone: so I'm trying out the Internet dating thing, mostly just out of curiosity to see who's out there, and wow... I gotta say, some of these people...

You're supposed to list three things you're thankful for on your profile, and one girl puts "I'm thankful that my friends and family talked me out of pulling that trigger." I mean, that's a great thing to be thankful for, but do you really want that on your dating profile?? That's a pretty big red flag to me, lol.

Anyways I just had to share. Even though I'm a little batty there are definitely some nut jobs out there, or at least people that need to develop a little better sense of propriety.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

LB, I hope you start feeling better soon.

Josh, we are glad you didn't pull that trigger.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Oops I read that wrong, Josh. I think I need a nap or something.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Re-Member

LB,
Sorry you are in pain and frustrated. I hopeyou can hang in there and get it to work for you again.

Josh,
Man that is insane! Who does she think is going to respond to that? I wish you luck too bud. Makes me realize how lucky I am. Hope you join me in that, as well as all the other singles.

Me I am going in circles with Outlook as it always has to mess me up when I am trying to set it up on each computer. I have been configuring my new desktop, am typing this on my tiny netbook keyboard and making more than my normal amount of typos.

I am about to take a break as I have been at this all day now, and am going cross eyed and buggy with the last hour trying to get Out5look online but that is done now. Whoa! It just finished and I have email on my new main computer!
:rotfxko
Old 05-09-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Tell ya what Itchy, I'm not as computer savvy as I used to be, but the greatest day of my life was when I figured out how to sync my Outlook calendar at work with my Google calendar, or more appropriately, when I found out how to circumvent the limited access I have on my work PC to install Google calendar sync. Ever since then I have my work calendar available on every computer I own, plus my phone, without even having to set anything up. It's crazy how automated a lot of this stuff is these days. I'm still trying to get developer-level rights on my work PC, but that's a continuing uphill battle with no end in sight.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Administrator

^ you guys talk funny LOL

hope you feel better soon LB...and yeah - avoid that one Josh

D
Old 05-09-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better, LB. I'm thinking about you and so is my shoulder.

For any of you Marvel fans The Avengers is a most see. I will not say anymore then that.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Josh,
I am pretty good with most things, but Outlook is a bear to set up on varying machines with my terrible provider. Fast cable modem but no customer support for settings. I had Outlook mess up my POP3 system and make them IMAP which you love but I wanted all my emails and folders local and not on a server. I had my laptop and netbook set to leave emails on the server but when I retrieved them with my main computer they were removed from the server. Now IMAP puts them all at the server and erasing from one syncs with all, not what I want as I keep different things on different computers. I just did my first image of the new unit and am now just installing and transferring from my old one to the new.

Dee, I represent that comment! :rotfxko If I wasn't up at 1:30 AM trying to unwind from today's marathon setups I would think of a snappy comeback. I am overtired and brain dead. I usually take about a week to configure a new computer as I tweak and set up differently than the last and take advantage of better processor/RAM/MB. I may leave my old unit up as a server and save the time of setting all the network up on the new one.

Akasha you are talking to one of the major fans Marvel had since the 60's when Stan Lee was in his prime and cranking them out. I read DC but I devoured Marvel. The Justice League had nothing on the Avengers. I don't read them much anymore but did into my late 20's. Dr. Strange was my favorite with Thor and The FF on the top of my list. I wasn't really a spidey fan.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

"I'm thankful that my friends and family talked me out of pulling that trigger."
Why do you assume she was pointing the gun at herself? It might have been aimed at someone else, Josh. An ex-boyfriend, for example... But I'm afraid that in dating, there are always more bullets to dodge. Google sync comes to mind. The greatest day of your life? Really? Please do not repeat that while on one of your dates... Seriously though, have fun. That's great you're getting out there and mixing it up.

Akasha. I've heard a lot of good things about The Avengers. Did you see it had the biggest opening weekend ever? If I don't go soon, I may be the last person in the country who hasn't seen it!

LB, I hope you feel better soon. I hope you're eating something, are able to get some rest.

Hope everyone is trucking along through the week. Been a wild and bumpy ride for me so far, but oh well, more than half of it is behind me already.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

LB, I hope you are feeling better. I have PT today. It usually is hell on me.

R&A, I doubt you will be the last one to see it.

Have a good day everybody.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Got in my car today to take dk to work and it made a terrible loud noise when running - way worse than just the muffler... I'm afraid to drive it so will have it towed to the mechanic just down the street. I guess I'm in for the day...
Old 05-10-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Least, I hope it isn't anything serious and at "least" that mechanic wasn't too far away! No tow bill. I hate those. Salt in the wound! "You want me to pay 50 bucks on top of the bill?!" Grrr....

Akasha I hope that they don't run you through the mill too terribly bad in PT today. When I broke my hand a few years back, I hated PT...your poor shoulder. =(. I really hope you begin to see an improvement. How long did you say you've been doing PT on it now?

Joshua...that's like...LOL. "I have these three wonderful kids and he had money and was able to hire an attorney and I couldn't so the judge gave him the kids." Then a paragraph later "That filthy man gave me X, Y, and Z and now I have to live with it and I have no money and I just want to be happy and maybe you are the person for me!"

I really hope the above was a spoof profile? But lord knows. People get on the internet and think they can put WHATEVER and it doesn't matter...because it's the internet and anonymous.... I mean yes, you want to tell someone the truth...when you've established that there is a relationship worth pursuing. Not 5 million people.

People never cease to amaze me.

Rock on, though Joshua, for getting out there! It sure is scary....but fun at times, I think? LOL.

If I don't go soon, I may be the last person in the country who hasn't seen it!
R&A, wouldn't that be the case anyways, unless it was something obscure?
I hope everything is going well, though and there's nothing going wrong.

No headache today thank goodness. I am going to try a bit more regimented 12 hour apart exact dose on the Lyrica instead of one before bed one when I wake up as those were 8 hours apart leaving me 16 hours in between without doses and see if that helps. It may mean some pain in the next few weeks until it gets regulated in my system...but I really want to try this 2 a day and see if it works. My mental cognition has improved greatly and since I am looking for jobs again if I do end up getting an interview going into one completely loopy and fuzzy headed is the last thing I need to do. Unless they'd let me type a response to them every time....which I doubt. lol.

If this doesn't work...I don't know if I can tolerate the mental impairment of 3 doses a day. I'm on a relatively low dose too (50mg/pill so 150mg/day and it can go up to 450mg/day - its the lowest dose they make). So...if I decide to go back to my doctor he pretty much said the last time our only other option is surgery...i.e. severing of part of the trigeminal nerve which will leave me with no feeling in part of my face on the left side. I will have full motor control just numbness. I just don't know if I'm quite ready for that. So if that's the case...I will try and get into Uni of Cincinnati's neuroscience division for a consultation with my medical records, MRIs and CT scans and go from there. Of course...the prospect of shelling out another three to four grand this year in medical expenses out of pocket since I screwed up my flex spending account makes me want to cry...like curl up in a ball and cry.

What's that saying again?

One day at a time.

One thing at a time.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

R&A, wouldn't that be the case anyways, unless it was something obscure
Ha--true enough. I do like my obscure indie flicks! All's well, I'm just a busy bee! Hope the two-a-day plan works, LB. If it doesn't.... ouch, but money comes and goes, while good health is priceless.

Manz, hey Manz, where you at, Manz?