Old 05-23-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel a little less down now LB
D
Old 05-23-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
~sb

Hi everyone! I get to join this forum now!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome SB

D
Old 05-23-2012, 11:21 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Sugar!
:day1
Old 05-24-2012, 01:12 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Hey Sugar.... Welcome aboard the Overs!!!!!!!!!

Lotus...hope you are feeling better. Hugs ya.

R&A..... I bombed my whole house with bug bombs!!!!! They have not been back since. You go get em!!!!!!! hugs to your little girl cause all those bites must be driving her crazy.

I have had 2 poopy days, well one evening yesterday and today. The shittyness bug has struck around here, my sister flipped out on me last night, I had a fight with my best friend, and today my boss gave me an azz whooping via email........because I emailed querying something they had done..........and my "tone" was not appreciated. So now I have to front up for a meeting with my team lead and the CEO who just happens to over from Arizona........ they think I am not a team player, or at least that is what was inferred in the email. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh. email communication is hard, my bad........but not a team player??? Humph!

I now have a funky down mood ahead of this big meeting tomorrow with the retailer and I am about to go and sit and have a little cry over my gingernut biscuit and green chai tea. Then I shall get up in the morning with a better attitude. Hopefully.

Have a great one, oh and thanks for all the good luck wishes. :-)
Old 05-24-2012, 01:37 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure it will be ok Manz - I bet your query was both genuine, and needed.
Best of luck tomorrow tho

D
Old 05-24-2012, 01:41 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
instant

Welcome sugar bear. My "year" thing is still sinking in!!!!!

Itchy. I think the answer is that I need to let it flow. I am a guy who can go all out then splutter. The signs are there that I am growing. I have found that I need to stay tuned to where I am at. I think if I get drawn into 'getting somewhere' I will lose track of the 'staying centred' that seems intrinsic to feeling good in sobriety.

Having said that, I started strumming the guitar agin a while back. I have written a few tunes. I plan to record them. I am not a natural, and all this will take a while pottering. On the home and work front and personal level there is a lot to carry on with.

I have been amazed by my experience in recovery, and I am grateful and humbled to be given the opportunity to continue on it.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:11 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

way to go shuga!
Old 05-24-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Welcome Sugar Bear! Congrats on your 1 year!!!!

Good luck tomorrow manz. Sorry you had a poopy day. I know life happens but when it happens all at once. Whew! I had a boss tell me I needed to be more of a team player once but it was because I didn't want to ask others for help. If it is so, maybe they will elaborate.

Akasha, hoping you are feeling better and getting help. Depression is a bear.

Itchy, I am thinking of you as you make these difficult decisions. I commend you for doing what is best for you and your sobriety.

R&A, good luck on those fleas! Pesky little devils!

LB hope you are having a better day.

I have enjoyed everyone's discussion on the second year in sobriety. A lot of good stuff. For me, it was about acceptance and trust. Accepting that I was where I was supposed to be in my sobriety and trusting that I would be ok. A lot of growth during that year. Going through a difficult health issue with my daughter and learning to trust the process. I will be at the end of my third year in September and it has been a wonderful year sober. Still the bumps in the road but a lot of peace and serenity.

I'm sure I have forgotten somebody as I can't remember too far back. I hope everyone is doing well. Those that aren't, I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good day overs and for those that celebrate, have a good Memorial Day weekend.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:15 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Stopping in to say hi to the Overs!

AND FIND SUGAR BEAR IS HERE! Welcome!

Manz, sending you strong-backing-you-up vibes. Imagine me and a whole posse of your SR friends standing strong behind you. Your fan club, your biker club, your Pack.

If the meeting hasn't happened yet, my $.02 is to take everything said as a statement to be examined. Ask questions. "Can you tell me more? Help me understand? Could you give me an example? What specifically would you like to see in terms of actions and outcomes? What are our goals, and by when? How will we know we've reached those goals?"

I have a strong work personality and have had several professional experiences where I got the "Formal Talking To". Every single experience without fail led me to better understand myself and to learning that my Best Qualities are features, not bugs or problems. It's just the question of being in the same place with the right team and right coaching to bring out the best results for the whole team.

Haven't read back-thread but I love the question about "What do I want in my second year of sobriety?" I have no idea! Brand new question. INSPIRING.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

All I got today is thanks for the well-wishes, I hope everyone is doing well, Manz I hope your meeting goes well/went well, and I hope everyone has a good day.

Oh and welcome Sugar Bear.

I'm having a fabulous hair day today - wish my attitude matched it.

Later overs.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
LDT

Treating myself to a much needed massage today. After missing my appointment yesterday ( how could that happen????), my gal generously offered to reschedule. How gret is that?

LB....not a good hair day for me ... but it WILL be a good back day after my appointment.

Think it actually might rain a little today. Fingers crossed!

Today is my beautiful daughter's birthday. She's 23! I love her to death!

Happy Thursday, Overs
Old 05-24-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Welcome, Sugar! Congrats on one year
Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hey hey Sugar—great to see you here!

Manz, I hope your road smooths out. You too, LB and Akasha.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Welcome Sugar! So good to have you here.

My mood is still down. My shrink has added a mood stablizer to my meds.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Lotus....I totally understand the lack of great attitude thing, happens to me from time to time. At least I know that it will change now! Hope you feel better soon.

Akasha.... glad you are getting the right help for you hun. Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs

OK......

so the meeting with the retailer was a no go....Loved my jewellery! Did not love that I sell at market, eventhough I was offering a very competitive rate.......ah well. Worth a try!

My work meeting has not happened. I have been asked to not communicate via email, only by phone or face to face......I have tried connecting via phone with the powers that be for the last 2 days to schedule the appointment with them, as they asked me to do, and am unable to reach them, and they don't return calls. Wonder why I email huh? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Still no results from the doctor.

Had my nephew stay last night, and the joy of my life...Weeman.....was such a great cousin! Infant proofing the heaters so his wee cousin didn't get burnt, read him a story......etc etc. Wish I had another child, but lovely to see how caring my boy can be.

OK...I am looking for a silver lining, and hoping something wonderful comes my way soon. Things do happen that way....dont they?

Huge hugs to all the Overs.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Why you looking for a silver lining, Manz?

Had my nephew stay last night, and the joy of my life...Weeman.....was such a great cousin!
Seems to me you already have solid gold.

Akasha, hang in there. You've been under a lot of stress; it's only natural. Glad you followed up with your doc. I'm sure Manz is right, and that you'll catch an updraft soon. Hope the new med speeds that process along.

Had my daughter stay an extra night at her mom's, so I can let the boric acid do its thing for another day before I bring my little canary back into the coal mine... I'm tellin' ya, these fleas are tough—I saw one of them pick up a fogger can and smoke it like a cigar!
Old 05-25-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Yesterday afternoon I had what I call a strong "euphoric/memory" moment. It's a feeling I can't really describe in detail. It's something I've been feeling a lot lately. Reminds me of the positive sense of direction I felt while in my early 20s, before the alcohol took over my brain. I'm not sure if the brain becomes "re-wired" after nearly 3 years sober, but maybe it really does. It's like really good memories of my past just suddenly turn-on, like a movie and leave me feeling very peaceful and serene. I was such a cynical/paranoid grouch, especially the last 10 years of my daily drinking, maybe this is my brain's way of making all that up.

Anyway, just wanted to wish all the "overs" a safe and sober Memorial Day weekend (at least here in the US), not sure if it's a holiday weekend elsewhere in the world
Old 05-25-2012, 04:25 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome Sugarbear!! :ghug3

I'm looking forward to the schools' summer vacation as my neighbor is a teacher and has summers off... which means I don't keep their dogs during the summer. My little growly girl Patch hates their dogs and tries to attack them all the time (even tho she's much smaller). And I have to get up early to let their dogs in my house so for the summer I can sleep in a bit longer. I'm a happy camper!

I'm in some pain with a bad tooth. And having no money and no insurance means I'm pretty much screwed. Why can't the US have universal health care like every other civilized country??

Have a happy Memorial Day weekend. I know I will.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Least, sorry to hear about your bad tooth. I just went through about 6 months worth of dental visits for 2 of my teeth (root canal, crown, extraction) and I also have no dental insurance. My dentist informed me of a discount plan, which I purchased for about $120 (this plan is good for 15 months). The plan ended up saving me about 50% of my total costs.