Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 5

Old 05-28-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Journey of Recovery

Welcome and a big congrats on your 1 year CD! Glad to have you here with us.

Fantastic on speaking tonight! I know you'll do fine.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome Camedown! :ghug3 Glad to have you with us. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

It's getting a bit crowded in here. We'd better get a bigger place.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
LDT

Hi camedown! Welcome to the overs! Looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 05-28-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Welcome to camedown! He is an awesome guy and a Dream Theater fan as well. That must be why I like him!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
MINEr

Thanks for the welcomes guys,and a special thanks to Akasha,I appreciate all our messsages at that other place.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:15 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by camedown View Post
Thanks for the welcomes guys,and a special thanks to Akasha,I appreciate all our messsages at that other place.
You are so welcome my dear! Here have a Reese's Cup! As always us Prog fans have to stick to together.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome aboard CD! Looks like I am one of the few who haven't met with you online yet. We'll have to fix that! Glad you made it here, great group.
:day1
Old 05-28-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard CD—it's really good to see you here. I grew up just a bit north of you, in Sonoma County. Love the Bay Area. I can't wait to hear more about your daughter—that's the coolest thing I've heard all day...

It was a beautiful day here. Very peaceful and productive for me. The streets were oddly deserted this afternoon. My first thought was, "I bet it's because so many people spent the day drinking..." I am super grateful that I'm not among them.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Welcome CD!

Least...I think we can put a wing off the back

Worked today...cant tell if I made progress or not...

I need to make some changes. Getting a little lonely...that was one of the reasons I used to numb myself with the poison grape. Suggestions?
Old 05-28-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno T - I've become pretty solitary myself but I like it like that
Think about what you like to do - hobbies and interests are a good way to meet people

D
Old 05-28-2012, 09:59 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
MINEr

Loneliness, I know that one well. Keep in mind that loneliness is something you can take away from someone else with a phone call, a text, or what not.

I just got back from chairing my first AA meeting, on my one year day, can't think of a better way to celebrate. What an experience, I went blunt force honesty, heavy on the solution. It seemed to have an effect, and I got a lot of really good feedback, funny how people can find value in my greatest shames, it takes away there power somewhat. Got two more this week too.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey LF, how about taking a class on something that interests you? New people, new stuff to think about... I dunno. That's the sort of thing I might do if I weren't so lazy, lol..

Congrats on the meeting, camedown. Sounds like a great one.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:57 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Welcome CD, and congrats!

LF.... i went to a quiz night with almost complete strangers, was a laugh and will do it more regularly now. Great to get out, even in a bar and not feel alcoholically challenged and have FUN!

Still no results.....why wont the nurse at the surgery ring me back????? Now I am worried. Siiiiiiiiiiigh. All I ask is a phone call to let me know if I have cancer/precancer or not......is that much to ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meeting with the bosses was as expected, but we all left smiling. ( I kept to myself my thoughts of how hypocritical people can be sometimes, even in a recovery focused environment supposedly. I hope this facilitates a better working relationship.)

Have a wonderful week eveyone.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:07 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

I reckon I'd be more worried if they rang me back post haste Manz - but do chase them up...thats a bit ordinary...

D
Old 05-29-2012, 02:19 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
instant

My problem that is underneath the alcohol is that I find things to be in a struggle with. Iv'e started working on it
Old 05-29-2012, 02:44 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

manz, maybe use the no news is good news bit?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

No changes here.

Welcome comeback.

That hole in the head is really looking good right now.

Have a good day all.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Ehh. I'm sorry - welcome camedown.

My head is really hurting pretty bad today. Been crying off and on =(.

Please forgive me.

I think I need to go back through the thread and see how long i've been doing this lyrica on 12 hours apart now. It may be time to go back on 3 pills a day. Which makes me cry as much as the pain does.

Edit: May 10th is about the time I started that. So....about 3 weeks. Which it took 3-4 weeks from me going from 3 pills to 2 for symptoms to come back. So....3-4 weeks from 2 pills to 2 pills/12 hours for symptoms to subside?

Like seriously though....my face is kind of numb its so bad with the pain today, I'm nauseous the pain is *that* severe, I'm tilting my head towards the side of my head (I just realized this) that the pain is on, my eye is nearly shut because of it, I'm not even breathing deeply/hardly at all...not that it affects my breathing directly...its just such excruciating pain (no, I didn't spell excruciating right, firefox auto spellcheck ftw).

ok, I'm done. Going to try and hold out one more week and see if the 12 hours a day works. If not....back to 3 pills. June 22nd is a checkup with my neurologist anyhow.

If he says "Surgery", I'm going to get into UC's neurology department. I'm just not ready for that yet.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

Hey guys --

I'm gonna have to check back with you all in another 12 months. I got a big case of the eff-its this past weekend and decided to drink. Fortunately, it's not the end of the world. Tomorrow's another day and I'm going to re-evaluate my strategy, start my step work over again and try to take it to the next level this time around. It's weird, I didn't think that the thing that would get me would be complacency, but after months of doing relatively well it's just like I stopped caring about being sober anymore, at least for a few days.

Will check back later,
Old 05-29-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by eJoshua View Post
I got a big case of the eff-its this past weekend and decided to drink.
I was worried something had happened, Joshua, as you are quite the regular contributor. I wish I knew what to say.

Originally Posted by eJoshua View Post
...it's just like I stopped caring about being sober anymore, at least for a few days.
I guess that's all it takes; we drop our guard for one second and POW! We're on the canvas. I guess I should thank you for the reminder of how easy it is for any of us to fall.

See you on the other boards.