Administrator

Welcome girlonthewagon

D
Old 03-28-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Originally Posted by ARTEMIS View Post
Hi-

I would like to join the March class too.
You have been going for a minute haven't you ARTEMIS? Oh well whatever its not like there are restrictions posted at the door is it? Welcome, glad to have you ARTEMIS, and you too Girlonthewagon!

My job is getting rough again even if it is my fault, I think one problem is that I am just burn't out. Its a real struggle to care about much of anything especially work. Anyone have any problems like that, just a general "don't give a rats a$$ kind of mood"? I think when you have gotten to the point that you don't care about having a personal life as I have it makes it real hard to focus on a proffesional life as well. Especially when you dislike the proffesional life, oh well 1 1/2 more years then back to the states. Can't wait.

Don't concern yourselves though, my current mood will have no effect on my abstinence from alcohol, I have already had that "talk" with myself a few times. I swear I am not nuts I just talk to myself, the moment in talking to yourself when you need to start worrying is not when you answer back, it is when you say something to yourself and then have to stop and ask wait I didn't catch that what did you say?
Old 03-28-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

That's my problem too, stress. I'm horrible at managing it without alcohol...plus I have panic disorder and anxiety as well. Right now the urge is to sleep through it all...not healthy but at least I'm not drinking.

Going to a meeting or two tomorrow, hopefully that'll help.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:17 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I haven't posted in a while but I'm back now and beginning again. This time I know I need to get more outside help and will probably give AA a go. Even though I'm very reluctant, its possibly what will make the difference. I was going to wait for the April class but that's just putting off quitting!
Looking forward to reading and posting again.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back marria

D
Old 03-29-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Marria

I felt the same way for a very long time, but then realised that I had 'tried everything' apart from AA, so I just went for it and it *far* exceeded my expectations - 4 weeks sober tomorrow and no looking back! I'll virtually hold your hand when you take your first step through that door.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

GotW, Artemis and Marria! Regardless of why you're here... glad you're here!

PL - You should be feeling better soon. In the past, the third day was the worst, but it really took about a week to ten days to straighten my body out. This time.... I really believe prayer helped take me off the stuff with little withdrawal - thank God.. because I have been through some yucky ones...eek.

INH.... I answer myself back also... quite the intelligent conversation that way Have you checked into some kind of therapy? I went through sort of a depression over the winter where I didn't care about anything... sometimes it's our dreams dying... sometimes it's more personal matters.... sometimes it's just apathy because we really don't know what to do. Sometimes our brains needs help to start shooting right and meds are involved. It helps to talk things over with a professional or a doctor to see maybe what's going on under the surface. Like the iceberg theory... we only see the tip of the iceberg - (alcohol) - we can cut that off and look like everything is fine. But lurking below the surface is a gigantic rest of the iceberg that needs to be dealt with... and sometimes it's not really so gigantic

FG --- sounds like you're right behind me.... it really does feel good to be here!

Yeah... Dee you gotta watch those little nano bug things.... saw a movie on that once

Have a great day, Marchers!!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Thanks R4R, I have considered going to therepy for years I just never put on my big boy pants and did it. I could probably really use the help and if/when I get back to the states I think I should as I have a lot of issues, but don't most people especialy the ones here? Starting with I didn't realize before joining this site that there is a whole genra of children of alcoholics and most of the problems that they advocate as typical of that particular breed of person I can deffinetly see in myself. unfortunatly right now like so many other options that particular path is closed off to me, and I will have to wait till I am in the states to even consider it. But now that i am not drinking I think i may have to, no more copeing mechanism and all that. This site has been a wonderfull outlet for me even if I am a whiney Mcwhinerson most of the time on my personal posts. Honestly I don't know how people can put up with me on here sometimes but I am glad that they do.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hello All-

INH not following what you said about "going for a minute"???

Anyway...March has been so full of ups downs and arounds I wanted to join the class for support...a lot going on right now and I wanted to feel not so alone.

Everyone have a great sober day!!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hello All-

Anyway...March has been so full of ups downs and arounds I wanted to join the class for support...a lot going on right now and I wanted to feel not so alone.

Everyone have a great sober day!!
Not sure what INH meant either, Artemis. I thought it might have been an inside joke or something. I'm sure he'll explain. Welcome to the class!

INH, I enjoy your posts...don't think your whining at all. This place is a great release to share what we might not share with anyone else.

Marria, Here we are again. May this be the last class we EVER join! I am determined. So glad you're back here.

No real cravings lately. I am feeling too good spiritually and physically to want to go back to the misery I was in.

Happy Thursday all. Another weekend to spend sober and productive. Love it!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:45 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

You're definitely NOT alone in here Artemis

Hey Sarah.... glad you're doing so well! Me, too

INH... maybe you could talk to a friend or write things out... somehow get you're feelings out... or do it here. We're pretty cool people

Later, peeps....
Old 03-29-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Well I am happy to report I have reach day 31!! Thank sr and I am hoping and thinking of all you. May it give you strength. Keep on marching!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Sarah1414 so glad you are feeling so much better. Keep it up girl. We can do this!!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

11 days sober!!! Count me in as a member of Class of March, 2012.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Good morning to all (and good afternoon to our friends across the pond and elsewhere)!

Day 24 here and feeling great. Took my oldest son shopping in Idaho yesterday and we had a great time. Retail therapy does a body good.

Finally starting to get some good sleep and the energy is returning. Hitting up a meeting at noon and then tackling a long-overdue project ... cleaning out my closet. Bleh ... moving to Wyoming from southern California required a whole new wardrobe (I know, poor me ... heh), so I'm getting rid of my summery stuff (summer here in Wyoming lasts maybe a day or two ....) and donating it to the church that hosts our AA meetings. Will feel good to get rid of this baggage and actually be able to SEE the stuff in my closet (and make room for what I bought yesterday, lol).

Hope you're all enjoying another sober day!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by girlonthewagon View Post
Dude. This made me feel so much better today, I'm in one of those moods if you know what I mean
I know exactly what you mean! Split up with my girlfriend the day that I quit the booze, I did the finishing but still struggling to get over it. Sometimes I think I took on too much at one time but she was making me drink so it was a lose lose situation.

Best two decisions I have ever made though and I will look back and truly believe that one day.

Glad I could have been of some assistance. Keep positive
Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Computer Experiment..Gone Bad!

Hi Everyone, Day 8 for me. Very rough week but not feeling sick any more, no headache, and most all of the shakes are gone. Yes!

I know life will continue to throw us some real hard times and most here at SR have bigger issues than I just had to face but I need to get it off my chest and talk about it. 5 days ago on my third day sober one of my family "yellow lab of 10 years" was panting and acting like some thing was wrong.

After many vet visits they could not find out what was causing the anxiety. Yesterday we had a vet do an ultrasound and there its was, a big tumor on the poor girls heart.

Well she passed away in are arms this morning at 7am watching the Sun rise over the Caribbean Sea, SAD day, and of course I would have killed to go out and buy a 2 liter bottle of Rum and guzzle it down but I didn't and I am still sober BUT sad. Thank you all for the support because with out ya I would not have thought twice.

Still Sober !
BD
Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Oh sorry about that I meant no offense and you answered my question if it was one anyway. I meant that you have been on this site and sober for a while haven't you? I was a little curious as to why you joined the March class as it didn't sound like you had picked up a bottle again, and I didn't figure you for someone that would at least not at this point in your life. But you said you have some things going on and wanted some company so that answers that welcome to the group!

Also I love your avatar! Have you ever youtubed "ask a ninja"?
Old 03-29-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Originally Posted by BelizeDiver View Post
Well she passed away in are arms this morning at 7am watching the Sun rise over the Caribbean Sea, SAD day,
Man sorry to hear about that Belize, I havn't had a dog around in a while and can't imagine losing one after 10 years. The ones we had were always my parents and with moving a lot we tended to have to sell or give them away periodicaly so I hardly ever remember them lasting that long in our family. Glad to hear that you are staying sober through it. I am sure that isn't easy.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Double post, sorry