Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 2

Old 03-27-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi. I was May 2011 with almost 10 months sober but now I'm March 2012. 23 daze sober, this one the first one on the outside again. Look forward to getting to know you all. Maybe I learned somre things on what to do or at least what not to do.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Displaced Grits, yes, thats the plan - to get off and stay off! I did something similiar, finished a month worth in a short time. Last pill was on saturday. I am not going to ask my doctor for a refill. or ask any other doctor to prescribe it. I won't order it off the internet and I am going to stop badgering my mother to give me some of hers. I agree, it is scary stuff. Did you go through a withdrawal from it?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:55 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Random Guy

@ desert song, there isn't a mall there? I know the town you live in (I lived in Pinedale for a few months and you mentioned your town in another post something about snowmobiles going up a hill) your city seemed big enough for one? Hu I guess not. I am an Idaho native only in the habit of being a globetrotter now a days. I am thinking about going home this summer though. It will be different going home and not drinking but in my case goig home is always different, I haven't been there since 2008. Hopefully it works out taking vacation in my current job can be difficult as there are a lot of limitations, and I am not looking forward to the $3000 plane ticket, nor trying to figure out how to sleep on the 12 hour flight without my normal "sleep aid" oh well that is months from now.

@ fitz, Welcome I have seen you around from time to time, I how you stick with it now that you are out.

To everyone else welcome, my days latley have been rather slow honestly I have been procrastinating like a mother now that my inspection is finally over with, but it isn't something that I can really afford. I have a project for tomorrow and hopefully I can get it done. Other than that I can't wait for the other guy to get here and take over for me so I can take a step down off of the pedistal that I was never ready to step up to in the first place. that will be a huge weight off of my mind, and then I can concentrate on me and staying sober, without as many stressors in my life. Hope everyone is feeling well today have a good one.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

hi INMH. I was doing plane travel this past weekend and did not drink on the flight for the first time in years. I can't say it was easy, but part of that is that I was caught offguard. Plan some diversions and I'm sure it will manageable!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Originally Posted by pattylulu View Post
hi INMH. I was doing plane travel this past weekend and did not drink on the flight for the first time in years. I can't say it was easy, but part of that is that I was caught offguard. Plan some diversions and I'm sure it will manageable!
I am hoping to get my new kindle (I broke my last one) in before then I bought the big one this time because the little one just didn't provide enough reading space, so I am hoping that coupled with a sudoku book will help. The fall back for sleep is always tylenol PM. One thing I know I won't do is the usuall stay up all night the night prior hoping to be able to sleep on the flight and then never able to so I end up a zombie the next few days.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

yup, staying up before flight to sleep has never worked for me either. Packing a great meal with treats would be a good way to take care of yourself on a long flight too (if ya can get it onboard!)
Old 03-27-2012, 11:08 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Just thinking about it and I remember the guys at the booth in the Paris airport being a little confused as to why this guy kept comming up to them every half hour to buy two of three tall boy hienekins (I had a 3 hour layover and was pounding beer inbetween). Ugh wierd how I didn't consider the weird in retrospect as no one else there was drinking at three 'o'clock in the afternoon. Or if they were nowhere near as much as me. Haha I wonder if I am going to see my dopleganger the next time I travel
Old 03-28-2012, 04:04 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Ok.... welcome RO, BelD, Patty, DB, MCF!!! We seem to be growing by leaps and bounds.... so cool

MCF - I had 8 months before I crashed and burned the first time here.... it happens when we let our guard down iand think that somehow we can re-establish our relationship with alcohol. It picks right where we left off and if we grab ahold of it, it does too and it's harder to let go. Like so co-dependent sort of relationship... yuk! Glad that slime is off of me

Day 28 -- I think I remember watching a movie like that called 28 Days.... about an alcoholic in recovery.... can't remember much of it - I was drinking....

Hope you can de-stress soon INH!

Have an Marvelous day, my friends.... blessings to you and PEACE.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Originally Posted by Really4Real View Post
Hope you can de-stress soon INH!
Oh I am stressed as heck most days I am really starting to hate my job, and thinking of getting out of it when my next contract is up. The thing is it can be cool as hell, but the position I vollenteered for which is the reason that I am out where I am is not what I was expecting, not at all. I just can't wait any more to go back to the states and my regular job where things make sense. That is a few years off though, right now I am so looking forward to when my replacment comes as then I can just focus on helping him and doing the work I actually know how to do instead of failing miserably at things I don't understand but honestly I am mostly failing because of my own lazyness, and lack of motivation. I am almost sick of this job enough to ask to be "fired" from my current position. I can make it fine without an income for at least a few years especially not drinking. that was my biggest expense.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:54 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Computer Experiment..Gone Bad!

1 week!

Thanks everyone! Would have never made it with out your words of wisdom and your stories that prepared me. It has been damn hard but I made it.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Finished my first week and I am already feeling the positive effects of sobriety. I have been a ball room dancer and instructor for about 12 yrs and even as a drunk, I could keep my self semi sober while I taught and learned but last night i went Shag Dancing (which is new to me) and just killed it. My balance, timing, and overall thinking/performance was the best I ever had...whether it was just a mental thing I don't know but everything is starting to click again...the same goes for my sporting activities. For anyone who doesn't know, shag dancing is known as a saloon dance, done primarily in bars...I had diet coke with a lime, loved it, and am so blessed that my partner doesn't like to drink when she dances. Positive outcomes are a great incentive.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Just bumping it to the first page it fell back quick today and I figure since we have been getting new joiners like it is cool (well it is) then if there are more they might want to join us Marchers as well.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

For people getting mood swings I get them too, we have to remember we are in the middle of a battle with our disease. Its bound to take it's toll on our moods for a while. Just remember that alcohol won't make us feel better whatever it likes us to think.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks for the info on the last threads link R4R...it must have been a bug - it works now

D
Old 03-28-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

INH.... Then I hope the process of getting you back here speeds up -- in the meantime, we're here

BD... You're welcome... You're doing terrific.... keep it up!

26.... write that down somewhere so when you're tempted you can read it... start a journal of neat things like that.... positive experiences rock!

What kind of 'bug', Dee... you have some big ones on the other side of the planet

Finishing up 4 weeks with a Diet Barq's root bear and jalapeno tuna fish sandwich from subway. Then off to do some journaling.... have a great night and remember....
WE CAN DO THIS
Old 03-28-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

lol one of those software bugs - they're getting into everything now

D
Old 03-28-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Guess I'm new here too in the Marchers class...back in AA for the second time but gonna make this one stick with God's help!!! Sobriety date 3/27/12, so I've almost got my 48 hours behind me. Feel irritable and shaky...arrgghhh.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cardifflad1927 View Post
For people getting mood swings I get them too, we have to remember we are in the middle of a battle with our disease. Its bound to take it's toll on our moods for a while. Just remember that alcohol won't make us feel better whatever it likes us to think.
Dude. This made me feel so much better today, I'm in one of those moods if you know what I mean
Old 03-28-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

4th day, seems longer. luckily withdrawal symptoms are less intense
Old 03-28-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

March

Hi-

I would like to join the March class too.