Notices

Class of January 2012 Part 4

Old 02-16-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of your support(just been through the posts ) , it made it easier to come back knowing I would not be judged but supported ! Thank you x
Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by MMN View Post
Hello to all.
At right at the starting line of trying to get sober.
I feel like I'm on the right thread, yes?
Welcome MMN!! Glad to have you join us. You can also check out the February thread in the newcomers section.

Originally Posted by Wildcat16 View Post
Thanks to all for the thoughtful posts. I’ve been very impressed with the quality of contributors to this site, and am very glad I found SR. Several good ideas, and great timing on the Lenten resolution suggestion! Seems like I could easily phase that into a longer-term explanation (i.e., I quit for Lent and liked the way I felt, so decided to stick with it), especially since that is essentially the truth.
I have been telling people that I am making a lifestyle change that involves my health, what I put into my body, and regular exercise. That I am quite overweight and have been obviously losing weight gives a visual reinforcement of what I am saying. lol

Originally Posted by Alana1 View Post
Thanks for all of your support(just been through the posts ) , it made it easier to come back knowing I would not be judged but supported ! Thank you x
(((Alana))) We'd never judge you. We know how hard it is, and we know how hard you have been trying. Stay positive, look at this as a learning experience and move forward, right?

PS - I hope you and your partner can work things out. Does he understand that the mood swings are all a part of the quitting process?

PPS - I found the multi-quote function here - wheee!!! All along I had been doing it manually, like a dork. :P
Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I do not know if we can move forward. He gave up drink the same time as me , he seemed to handle it emotionally better than I have . Time will tell
Thanks for your support as always my friend purplecat hugss
I am sober and staying that way! Onwards and upwards !

lol at your pps xxx
Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Happy morning everyone! I have the day off from school and work today, thank God - I'm freakin' tired! Going to try to be fairly productive, but if not, oh well. I deserve a somewhat lazy day every now and again Take care all.......

Kat
Old 02-16-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alana1 View Post
I do not know if we can move forward. He gave up drink the same time as me , he seemed to handle it emotionally better than I have . Time will tell
Thanks for your support as always my friend purplecat hugss
I am sober and staying that way! Onwards and upwards !

lol at your pps xxx

Keep staying strong Alana Onwards and upwards indeed!!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Resident

MMN and Wildcat.

Of course we want you here Alana. If you can't count on us for support who can you count on?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Keep coming back, Alana, this site has been so helpful to me! I'm rooting for you and sending positive energy your way.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I've been reading with interest the posts about how to explain to friends and family about your not drinking. I also wanted to keep it low key. I truly have a health problem (fatty liver disease) and my doctor told me not to drink. So that is my story. I also need to lose weight so that is also my reason if I don't want to go into the liver disease thing. I figure I don't have to tell the truth except maybe to my own family but even my husband doesn't know how hard I've had to work at abstinence. Eventually people will just accept that you're a non-drinker and stop wondering about it. As long as you're honest with yourself!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Alana

D
Old 02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

End Of day 35, something odd, I feel too good
Old 02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Dark days, isn't it amazing how the cloud lifts when we stop killing ourselves?
Welcome newbies! Being sober rocks!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 03:53 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go DD - don't fight it!

D
Old 02-16-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Alana - all those days you had before you drank yesterday still happened, you made it through each and every one of them sober. You have it in you! Good luck, and as just about everyone has said at one time or another - don't beat yourself up.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi.

I'll hit 40 days at about 2am-3am tonite.

Might have "brain fog."

Glad to not be drinking.

Doing the day-to-day things is scary, but every time I get one done it feels a tad better.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Baloo

D
Old 02-17-2012, 04:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 43?

I think this is day 43 for me. I stopped counting a little while back when the numbers got too large

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Uggh. I woke up 30 minutes ago from a very vivid drinking dream. I could tell you exactly what I was drinking. I know it is just a dream but it's very disturbing. I had cravings last night and was anxious about the weekend.

This is very hard. When I try to plan out my weekend to avoid drinking, thoughts about drinking increase. If I don't plan I may be vulnerable to getting lonely or depressed and drinking. I don't have many friends, so my options for socializing are very limited.

I'm worried....
Old 02-17-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Dazee you are doing a fantastic job - don't give up the ship! I understand so well the limited circle of friends situation you describe, I'm right there with you. Those dreams of drinking are scary! My daughter and I had that very conversation just a couple days ago. The beauty is that they are just that, dreams, not reality. Please know we are all here for you. I am more than happy to pm with you and walk beside you on this sober path. You are never alone! Keep the faith :-}
Old 02-17-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoneDying View Post
I think this is day 43 for me. I stopped counting a little while back when the numbers got too large

Hope everyone is doing well!
This so made me laugh! Woke up this morning thinking about the number of days and decided I am only going to count weeks because that taxes my brain so much less! Great job, DD - you rock!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Meow

I'm just so proud of all of us!