View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Vantrina

Hey Everyone,

Happy Mother's Day.
Tres, sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day tending to your daughter. I'm with you on the thoughts of red wine. They come, they go.

Had the thought the other day that maybe I could entertain a glass of wine in the future. But then I thought it through "to the end" and realized how I used wine and alcohol to block a lot of emotions over the years. Don't know if I ever want to do that again…an interesting realization for me.

I spent years really hiding behind the alcohol so i would's have to face certain emotions or situations. Lot's of losses that wine made easier to bear. Think now that I'm facing things I have days when I'm blue, but most times I'm energized and positive. Dealing with things sober is a slower but steadier process it seems. Not saying it is easy, or that my life is simple and perfect, its not. Just think I am enjoying on many levels the authenticity of my sober existence.

All this was going through my head as I drove home the other night, thinking about how I missed having an occasionally glass of wine. Red wine to be specific. By the time I pulled into the driveway the desire for wine passed and I was more concerned with starting dinner.

Sorry for the ramble, but just wanted to share. And think I hit the nail on the head for myself…I am liking the authenticity of my sober existence.
Hope everyone had a good and sober day.