Notices

Class Of February 2012

Old 02-10-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Well, I am really ready for the playdates to be over, and a glass of cab.

Only one of those things will be happening. Don't worry.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Getting ready to leave work to drive home. Will not be stopping at the liquor store. I will be drinking lots of flavored water tonite. I feel a little less jittery and jumpy then i did earlier today. (day two). Now i just feel kind of sad that i am here in this spot in my life. Drinking has kept my life arrested. But, if I know one thing: we have to start where we are. No other choice.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Sipping my San Pellegrino with lime and berry juice.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Happy Weekend! Just checking in before I go to the gym. I know it sounds like that is all I do, but it is really the only thing to do. The town I live in there are house parties, bars, and gyms. So I am just really bored and mostly going to hang out with sober people at the climbing gym and Ill probably get a decent climb in while I am there.

I do like playing pool, but I do not think I am ready to go into a bar yet. How does that work out in the future Dee? Is it easy for you to be around that kind of scene without thinking twice, or is it just a bad idea...

Well I hope you all get a lot of rest this weekend. Relax and treat yourself to a nice meal or treat! Just not alcohol We can do this.

Talk to you all later.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Germanos, it sounds like you are getting into a healthy routine with the gym thing. And I bet you will make some good clean living friends there. Enjoy the evening.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Just want to say to Rochele that I wasn't by any means implying that a relationship should end...just saying that it's something to be aware of. It's a scary thought and I hope my relationship never gets to that point. I too have a child and she is always my first concern. She is the biggest part of why I quit drinking in the first place.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

So far tonite, day two, still not drinking. Still here. Staying in the moment as much as I can. Taking about 15 minutes at a time. It comes in waves. When you drink at home, home IS the trigger, but.it can't be avoided. Anyway I was nervous to be home without alcohol but so far the sky has not fallen. Maybe by taking this step and putting our sober intentions out there, our healthy futures will take a step toward us. But for now, it's the present moment for me.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Etarnal, WTG on 2 days!!!

Had a 12 hour work day! Didn't have a strong urge to drink after but I am feeling anxious. Tried Sleepytime tea and that didn't help.

Next week is a 3 day work week for me! Hope it goes smoothly...
Old 02-10-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Forget about next week. I have to make it through the weekend first!
Old 02-10-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

It is bugging me tonight that dh can drink and I cannot. It just is. Not him, just that fact.

Just needing to silently vent here for the moment. makes me feel better and hopefully will keep me from popping a cork.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Orbea! Forget about the weekend...
JUST FOR Tonight, we do not drink!!
Thanks alot for your encouragement!
I am afraid I won't sleep again tonight.
BUT that won't be the end of the world...
Just the beginnings of a new one!
Old 02-10-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Administrator

I do like playing pool, but I do not think I am ready to go into a bar yet. How does that work out in the future Dee? Is it easy for you to be around that kind of scene without thinking twice, or is it just a bad idea...
It was several months before I felt I could handle any challenge and stay sober, and I felt I was ready to go back - and I found it a kind of empty experience to be honest.

I reckon most people go to bars - at least the bars I know - for one reason - and when you're not part of that, it's kinda sad to watch people getting wasted and doing the same kinds of dumb stuff you used to.

I've been to a bar maybe 3 times since I quit - once to play a gig and twice for Sunday lunch and jam afternoons to watch other people play.

It's not really my thing anymore - but I'm ok with that

just my .O2 Germanos.

D
Old 02-10-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Yeah, I could imagine that. I feel like that when I talk to my bro on Skype. He is usually wasted on the weekends. I love him and that is his choice, but it is like really? It is 5 in the morning, don't you sleep? He usually doesn't remember the last conversation so he always repeats the same things and shows me the same songs like this is the s***! It makes me cringe thinking that I probably sounded like that a lot. So yeah I see what you mean on how it feels empty. I don't remember the last time I talked to him when we were both sober.

On a brighter note, I got one hell of a workout in tonight. See you all on day 12.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

hey...

I've been trying this for months with no success. I need to stop drinking, and I finally realised I need help to do so.
Just not sure what to do--do I just walk into an AA meeting? I'm really intimidated. I called the local hotline, but they were not helpful
Old 02-10-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Day 9 having difficulties...

Is it normal to feel this grumpy? I feel like I am barking at everybody about everything. Overall, I feel better, although kind of foggy, but very irritable. I almost feel like I was nicer/more easygoing when I was drinking. (just saying)
People keep asking me what's wrong. I thought I'd be met with the opposite question...what's different/better about you? I know it's early and I am so tired all of the time. I am a little more serious about things right now, but I feel like that's necessary. I DON"T feel like explaining quite yet, til I am more comfortable in my skin...

So sorry to complain, just wondering if anybody can relate. Is it just me??

Poppies
Old 02-10-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

samwitch,

You have come to a great place. For now, just hang out here for some amazing support. There is so much good advice about where to start.

For tonight, don't drink. Reach out on this message board.

We are here...
Old 02-10-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Another early night for me. Had pizza but don't feel like I can stay awake to watch a movie. I thought about getting beer for a sec after work but quickly reminded myself of how I was last weekend and the craving went away.

Welcome samwitch!

Poppies I can def relate! I've tried getting sober several times over the past 2yrs and each time I went thru a period early on of being irritable and waves of emotions and also always think to myself of how I was more mellow drunk. The thing is tho being numb everyday and not really living life and dealing with feelings is something I no longer want to do. I've heard a lot around SR that the roller coaster of emotions level out with time. I've just never stayed sober long enough to experience that yet.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

BoozeFree,

Thank you for your thoughtful words. I am so glad we are here to support each other. I don't know what I would do without the wisdom of all of my SR friends.

Let's keep on this journey together!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

thanks guys I have tried many times to quit with no success
not sure what to do am very upset
I hope tomorrow is a better day
I just poured out all my wine
Old 02-10-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Welcome samwitch. Think long and hard about what brought you here and understand and accept why you have to quit. After that, just take it one day at a time and come check in to SR when you need to vent, share your success, or just chat! We all are here to help each other get through this.

I also have no idea how to find a close AA meeting. This forum has been sufficient for me so far. Though I would like to attend some meetings.