Administrator

Class Of November 2011 Pt 3

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 12-07-2011, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Just a quick check in. Today was really crappy weather. Cold, rainy, dark, windy. We might get a little snow tonight. Had a pretty good day. Went to the gym. Got some eggs Reconnected with an old friend and we're trying to get together tomorrow or Friday night. Gonna be going to bed pretty early 'cause a friend needs my muscles to help move four chairs, a new TV and a TV stand.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stevie, hope you are doing ok. Remember that "voice" is not your voice; it is the voice of your addiction. Sending you good thoughts. Think Snickers…

Hey everyone, just saying "hey"…crazy busy again at work. Taking a break and going right back to it. Stay strong and relish sobriety. (I'm pleased to be in the midst of Day 18 myself.)
Old 12-07-2011, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stevie..hope you pulled through your craving.

Nothing new with me today. Had a huge craving tonight while cooking. That voice even said "you know how good that wine would taste, you can have one glass.."" Of course I didn't, but ate a bunch of Ruffles chips instead..oh well.

I had three Snickers today...but they were the minis.

Having some tea, and made some home made chicken soup with veggies.

Keep up the good work everyone.

I really need to tell my two good friends that I have stopped drinking and I have not had anything in over a month. They keep talking about going out and having wine and drinks all the time. I just need to tell them. Why is it so hard?? I guess I am worried about what they will think???? That is nuts because I shouldn't care at all. They are big drinkers. I know one of them hides bottles, etc..

I should just tell them and stop worrying about it. I am so glad I stopped.

Gym tomorrow at 0600. I can barely move today from being sore from Tues.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tres

If they're real friends, they'll support you

D
Old 12-07-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tres

If they're real friends, they'll support you

D
Old 12-07-2011, 06:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is good.

Stevie: Please let us know what happened

Conmgrats MArine and Alaska! Sounds like you guys are doing great things for yourselves!

Tres: Dee is right. If they are real friends they'll support you.

Long, hard work day here. Ready to crash.

Take Care
Old 12-07-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tres - I was scared because once I told my friends I knew they'd be watching

Hi CatFry

Jay and Stevie with the food and the gym keep making me feel guilty (no gym for me yet)

Vantrina - Happy Dance for 18 days

Hey R4R - yeah I hate those thoughts. How you doing?

Berdant, WhoDey, FRH, Alaska, Overthis, Violet you guys out there?? and the rest of you guys - check in please

I went to the twins Holiday concert (Elementary K-8) they are in choir (which wasn't bad) but the band - OMG that was painful. I mean it was almost criminal what they did to a piece of music LOL

If I can make it though that without a drink I must be getting strong.

Bed time - c u in the am
Old 12-07-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tigger41 View Post
and the rest of you guys - check in please
Been super busy, I changed up on computers, went to a Christmas Charity Ball....and have remained sober. Glad to see everyone hanging in there.

Fraggy 46
Old 12-07-2011, 10:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow....I made it through last night booze free...My beer craving started about 13.00 yesterday and i could not shake it all day...I ended up going to bed at 19.30 as i did not want to give in to the craving....I think i ended up eating 4 snickers,2 mars bars and a yorkie,plus 5 satsumas on top of that....Thank you all for your support,you guys really got me through yesterday....So here we go and i didnt think i would be saying this today....COME ON DAY 19,LETS SEE WHAT YOU HAVE GOT FOR ME TODAY.........
Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Wow....I made it through last night booze free...My beer craving started about 13.00 yesterday and i could not shake it all day...I ended up going to bed at 19.30 as i did not want to give in to the craving....I think i ended up eating 4 snickers,2 mars bars and a yorkie,plus 5 satsumas on top of that....Thank you all for your support,you guys really got me through yesterday....So here we go and i didnt think i would be saying this today....COME ON DAY 19,LETS SEE WHAT YOU HAVE GOT FOR ME TODAY.........
Way to go Steve, was thinking of you last night and checked this morning, and so glad you didnt cave in, i remember your posts when you didnt string 2 or 3 days together and take a look at you now, day 19 wow keep it up, and keep it simple 1 day at a time. Iam just starting on day 2.

Last edited by Paddyb; 12-07-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-07-2011, 11:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Stevie that's awesome news. I knew you could do it.

I am dead tired, my job is very physical outside and we've been working so hard and its getting COLD. Me and bf have both been so busy and been at eachother's throats a bit lately. Just too much to do and not enough time. I know you all know what i'm talking about. Been craving more than usual, the holidays are getting me down a bit. My relationship with my mom fell apart recently and i think we won't talk this Christmas. Kind of sucks. Also my brother who is a crack addict and fresh out of jail in rehab, has just made it clear that he plans on relapsing. He thinks he's fooling us and he's not, and it's really depressing.

Sorry to be a downer, this time of year always gets to me.

Alaska congratulations on working your steps and finding freedom; you deserve it.

Everyone let's all get through these holidays together, we can do it! Seems like a few of you are catching the exercise bug, I'm really going to try to get with it soon too.

Take care everyone-"keep fit and have fun!" (does anyone get that obscure 80's reference? Maybe if there's any Canadians out there)
Old 12-08-2011, 03:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That's better peeps - Like to know most of us are still together - I get support just from knowing we're still on this train together.

Hey IP - stinks working outside -hope you get a break soon. And yeah this time of year is rough for lots of folks. My SO has a lot of addicts in her family so this time of year is kind of a downer in some ways - sorry about that for you.

Fraggy - Glad you checked in - how u doin'? looks like good - just keep remaining sober.

Paddyb - Day 2 - sweet - stay with us - we'll talk you out of any drink you want to take.

I know I know - Stevie and Jay are off to the gym then going to eat insane amounts of food that is just going to make my mouth water.

Good job Stevie.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day ten!
Old 12-08-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Press Start To Continue

Rock on, Stevie! So glad to see everyone hanging in there.

Day 14 for me! Two weeks. Gnarly. I started meditating a couple days ago after a long, long hiatus and it's been good for my state of mind.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Yea, Stevie :ghug3 - now THAT ROCKS! Very cool

Hey Tigger... I'm doing good. Emotionally not so much - but I'm pretty adept at shutting stuff out until I can deal with it (sometimes too much). But much better today.

Alaska - Great to hear that you're working through the stuff and finding answers... really great !

Marine - Congrats on 10 days!!

Tres... I was going to say exactly what Dee said... dang it But since he said it twice, I really won't say it now, but I'm thinking it

Day 13 for me... don't have ANY plans on going back. Nothing in the bottle or can for me... except death. Sounds kind of strong, but it's true. Death to dreams, emotions, and even physically (albeit slowly). So, I don't want it.

Have a great day, friends!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Oops... Day 15 for me.... who said I can count??

Congrats on your two weeks NES!! I feel you on my heels
Old 12-08-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats stevie! I am on day 12 and am starting to feel really good! I sleep soundly and work is going well! I am excited to be heading toward two weeks I do not remember if I have ever gone that long without drinking!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Really4Real View Post
Day 13 for me... don't have ANY plans on going back. Nothing in the bottle or can for me... except death. Sounds kind of strong, but it's true. Death to dreams, emotions, and even physically (albeit slowly). So, I don't want it.
Doesn't sound strong to me, R4R. That's exactly how I feel about the stuff. It was killing so much within me and physically that I never want to go back.

Stevie, So glad you made it through your craving!

InParticular, Thinking of you today and hoping the days ahead get better.

Marine, NESfan, keep it up. I'm right there with you at day 12.

Everyone, Have a great Thursday!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Feeling much better today,had no cravings at all today and its 17.20 here....I had a huge breakfast followed by 2 mars bars,then had a huge lunch followed by 2 snickers and i have just polished off a massive kebab in pitta bread with salad and chilli and mint sauce and now im just about to have another mars bar.....Gonna jump in the bath soon and then get into bed about 20.00 to watch tv with the wife...Yesterday was just a down day as today im feeling back to my best.....Many thanks for all your support guys and i will check back in the morning....